weekly foggy4evers 52 2013 Below added

Hi ya

Colt Seavers...thats ringing bells :) Welcome aboard , we're a friendly bunch round these parts , look forward to seeing your shots (y)

ps...just took a nosey at some of your bike shots...stunning :)

Last edited:
Hi ya

Colt Seavers...thats ringing bells :) Welcome aboard , we're a friendly bunch round these parts , look forward to seeing your shots (y)

ps...just took a nosey at some of your bike shots...stunning :)

Hey Blondie.....always makes me think of a Clint film. I did try it a few years ago but failed half way through so this time failure is not an option. (y)

Welcome to the 52's Colt :cautious: - Look forward to seeing your photo's (y)

(Your thread has been added to the spreadsheet)

Cheers

Yorkshire lad....'nough said.

Welcome aboard.

Cheers.

We have met a couple of times ;)

I'm sure there are many interpretations of this theme and here is mine.

My little sin, my AirArms S400 Classic Pre charge air rifle which I use for target shooting only.

Week 1 Sin by foggy4ever, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like this, no sign of support and beautifully lit. However full size in Flickr shows up the dust on the front element of the 'scope.

I like this, no sign of support and beautifully lit. However full size in Flickr shows up the dust on the front element of the 'scope.

Cheers, you've also spotted one of my other sins....dusting or lack of.

Hi Colt - That is an interesting take on the theme, I really like the composition and the lighting (y)

Would be nice to see a letterbox size crop with that rifle

One quick letterbox crop.

Week 1 Sin letterbox crop by foggy4ever, on Flickr

Hi, the dead space just egdes it for me. Great black BG and well suspended. Overall lighting looks OK, just a few slights hot spots and a dark part on the barrel. Although I do like the dark top section of the scope and some nice shadow detail.

Good show.

Cheers.

I really like the first image, the space around the rifle gives the impression its floating.

definitely the first un croppped version - great lighting. the theme lends itself to a darker shot which you've pulled off really well.

Lovely lighting on this but I feel it needs more space - I would do this in two moves, firstly, add as Dark Knight says a letter box crop but put one "third" on the trigger and the opposing "third" on the tip of the barrel, then level the weapon, this way you can imagine someone standing behind it and having space to fire it into

Nice shot of an AA S400 :) , got an AA S410 myself, might have a go at something similar (y)

Hi, the dead space just egdes it for me. Great black BG and well suspended. Overall lighting looks OK, just a few slights hot spots and a dark part on the barrel. Although I do like the dark top section of the scope and some nice shadow detail.

Good show.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, it's not quite what I was hoping for but ran out of time but will be gunning for a reshoot.

I really like the first image, the space around the rifle gives the impression its floating.

Thanks.

definitely the first un croppped version - great lighting. the theme lends itself to a darker shot which you've pulled off really well.

Cheers.

Lovely lighting on this but I feel it needs more space - I would do this in two moves, firstly, add as Dark Knight says a letter box crop but put one "third" on the trigger and the opposing "third" on the tip of the barrel, then level the weapon, this way you can imagine someone standing behind it and having space to fire it into

Cheers, space was a little limited using a pop up black background but will try at some point to add some space either side using a little photoshop.

I myself prefer the letterbox crop. Great lighting.

Thanks.

Nice shot of an AA S400 :) , got an AA S410 myself, might have a go at something similar (y)

I don't use it as much as I should but it's a lovely rifle to use. I've seen a tutorial somewhere from our Garry Edwards using rim lighting for a rifle and this is my take but can't find his and would like to replicate his a lot closer.

This was my other idea but I thought there might be some alcohol left over from Xmas from quite a few in this weeks admissions.

77.7% Absinth is a SIN

Absinth 77.7% by foggy4ever, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Colt

LOVE your 2nd image for the theme , the flame adds that little extra something to the shot , nicely exposed & simple but effective layout (y)
Possibly crop a little from the bottom & add it to the top ? Lighting is far better than I could have got it but there is a "thinig" going on with the bg at the bottom...not quite black in places...shadows ?
As for the Rifle.....:clap::clap: I like it just as it is in the letterbox type crop....the highlights work well for me (y)

ps...curious of your username...foggy 4ever....not a reference to Carl is it ?

un cropped version of the rifle is better nicely lit, like the bottle pic too nice touch with the flame

'Ello, more...good one :bat:

Great photograph. The lighting is superb, especially the lighting on the bottle neck and how it seems to accentuate its length. Nice black BG and detail.

Tad off the bottom for me, but I think I'm OK with the top. Shame you couldn't get a bit more red in the flame, but they aren't the easiest thinks to photograph.

Cheers.

Hi Colt

LOVE your 2nd image for the theme , the flame adds that little extra something to the shot , nicely exposed & simple but effective layout (y)
Possibly crop a little from the bottom & add it to the top ? Lighting is far better than I could have got it but there is a "thinig" going on with the bg at the bottom...not quite black in places...shadows ?
As for the Rifle.....:clap::clap: I like it just as it is in the letterbox type crop....the highlights work well for me (y)

ps...curious of your username...foggy 4ever....not a reference to Carl is it ?

The best bit about the Absinth shot was having to dispose of it but :eek: does it have a kick :bonk: I didn't bother trying to clean up the BG as it doesn't show on my monitor only on my laptop screen.....SLOTH

Yes my username is my cheesy attempt at showing my support for the Blackburn Bullet :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

un cropped version of the rifle is better nicely lit, like the bottle pic too nice touch with the flame

Thank you

'Ello, more...good one :bat:

Great photograph. The lighting is superb, especially the lighting on the bottle neck and how it seems to accentuate its length. Nice black BG and detail.

Tad off the bottom for me, but I think I'm OK with the top. Shame you couldn't get a bit more red in the flame, but they aren't the easiest thinks to photograph.

Cheers.

Well you started it by posting 2 shots :D

There was zero hint of red as the Absinth burnt.

(y)

Good start to your 52 Colt :cautious:

What is it with you Yorkshire lads posting multiple entries for these themes? :LOL:
I like both entries though, the lighting on the rifle is just perfect, makes it look quite menacing.
#2 I like the use of negative space here, maybe just a wee bit cropped off the bottom but otherwise (y) iain

both good takes on the theme.. prefer the letterbox crop on the rifle shot but the booze gets my vote, fab lighting and the flame is a great addition..

I like the sparse simplicity of the gun, and I prefer the first version with some dead space around it... let's it breathe a bit for me. The lighting really sets it off. :clap:

Good start to your 52 Colt :cautious:

What is it with you Yorkshire lads posting multiple entries for these themes? :LOL:
I like both entries though, the lighting on the rifle is just perfect, makes it look quite menacing.
#2 I like the use of negative space here, maybe just a wee bit cropped off the bottom but otherwise (y) iain

Cheers Iain

cropped version of the rifle for me, very good lighting, the absinth pic i really like too, the flame is a nice touch, I would also take a little off the bottom.

Thanks, will look at a slightly different crop.

both good takes on the theme.. prefer the letterbox crop on the rifle shot but the booze gets my vote, fab lighting and the flame is a great addition..

Thanks Michelle, the Absinth shot was much easier to set up just getting the flame to sit still the only task.

I like the sparse simplicity of the gun, and I prefer the first version with some dead space around it... let's it breathe a bit for me. The lighting really sets it off. :clap:

Cheers (y)

Season, well it's winter and it's cold but I would have liked it a little colder with some mist so I might add one more if the weather plays nice.

I would have like a walker or jogger or anybody in the distance but I was alone and it was too cold to wait around.

River side walk by foggy4ever, on Flickr

i like this shot, and this is something that i was after aswell, but no snow for me... i think its nicely composed and describes the current weather very well. too cold to be out and about.

I really like the feel of this image - lots of branches at the top then you move down the image and find the tunnel. Not sure what the glowing green is along the edges of the path which looks a litle strange but the softness of the middle where all the footsteps peter out looks very magical. Forget about joggers and just PP a little fairy in there :) Looking more closely there is a ballgown shaped white area that could have wings added

I like it looks very cold I don't think you need anyone in the frame stands up on its own

Yeah, think having someone in wood have spoils it.

Cracking tones, composition and if the DOF had been shallower it would not have been half as good. As it stands it works really ll and is bang on theme.

Wonder what a crop would look like horizontal with the base of the lower left bush :thinking:

Cheers.

i like this shot, and this is something that i was after aswell, but no snow for me... i think its nicely composed and describes the current weather very well. too cold to be out and about.

I really like the feel of this image - lots of branches at the top then you move down the image and find the tunnel. Not sure what the glowing green is along the edges of the path which looks a litle strange but the softness of the middle where all the footsteps peter out looks very magical. Forget about joggers and just PP a little fairy in there :) Looking more closely there is a ballgown shaped white area that could have wings added

Glowing green...I did push the saturation a little :D must be the vegetation in Yorkshire.

Cheers

I like it looks very cold I don't think you need anyone in the frame stands up on its own

Thanks, it was a little chilly and without gloves bbrrrrrrrrrr.

Yeah, think having someone in wood have spoils it.

Cracking tones, composition and if the DOF had been shallower it would not have been half as good. As it stands it works really ll and is bang on theme.

Wonder what a crop would look like horizontal with the base of the lower left bush :thinking:

Cheers.

Well never to disappoint a suggestion here's one shot on the X10 so settings and focus and processing slightly different. I used noise reduction as the last process to soften a little with some vignetting. This shot hasn't been softened as much and no vignetting as I'm still unsure on the first shot with it.

Winter walk by foggy4ever, on Flickr

Last edited:
Really nice composition and image.

Personally I prefer your first image, it just looks that bit more bleaker.

Nice image, well done (y)

I stand corrected. Your original is much better. The edit feels a tad claustrophobic.

Cheers.

Well never to disappoint a suggestion here's one shot on the X10 so settings and focus and processing slightly different. I used noise reduction as the last process to soften a little with some vignetting. This shot hasn't been softened as much and no vignetting as I'm still unsure on the first shot with it.

Winter walk by foggy4ever, on Flickr

I'm not too keen on the vignette, but I prefer the first photo to the second, the vertical format leads my eye in better. That said there seems to be something a little weird going on with the clarity/focus, might be the noise reduction or just my eyes, I'm not sure.

Back