weekly Cowboys 52 in 2013 Done and dusted

Hi ya Mark

welcome to the madhouse.....look forward to seeing your shots (y)

Hi Mark

hmmmm.. on theme for sure...twice over if you take the fact that some little oik as broken his legs off :eek:

Like toe DOF & the sharpness ....just think that maybe there's more to be had from the tones n colors :thinking: Normally not keen on central compositions but this seems to work fine (y) Bg's can't always be helped...unless you had a step ladder handy :LOL: for a more eye level shot where you may have been able to lose the bars on the windows ?

Hi, Mark, Sin, on theme and plenty of detail. I'd prefer more separation between the statue and Jesus. For me, this would be a cracking B&W.

Broken legs, that's a nice touch and ell spotted.

Cheers

Good start Mark - looks like a miserable day for it, the reason I stayed inside for mine.

Like the straight on view - did you explore a few more angles before deciding on this one?

Thanks.

I looked at it in B&W but prefered the moss to be showing as I felt it helped the image.

The other angles I could get made the statue seem out of balance, a good side shot would have put houses and trees in the photo as the church is on a busy main road.

Definitely on topic, and an original idea, also find the missing legs amusing/fitting, we've forgotten to respect the person who died to rid us of our sins, and Jesus is looking rather sorry about it!

I would have probably shifted a couple of inches to the left so that the cross lined up with the verticals of the windows, but it's no biggie.

Good Subject, I would like to see a contrast boost to lift it off the background a bit more. - good start, 51 to go!

A very god idea for a photo, it certainly fits the theme. I also think it could benefit from a boost to the contrast, or maybe even in black and white?

Good spot, I agree with the potential for b and w as well as lift the contrast
Think this would be fantastic with a flash to highlight subject and darken background , maybe because I like playing with flash guns :D
Good start to the 52 (y)

Nice start but the top of the BG a little distracting maybe BruceMo has the right idea about darkening the BG

Bang on theme, and nicely taken. I agree with Lynne that the tones could be brought out a little more. I also think an even shallower DoF would have helped a lot, but it might not have been possible.

Looks like Jesus was capable of sin too; he's clearly got himself legless in this photo! :coat:

i agree with the b+w coment i think it would give a really dark feel to the picture, saying that i do like the original photo and the sharpness is excellent. nice work

am torn.. like the B+W but shame to lose that green moss as think it adds more texture in the colour version.. perhaps a vignette would have helped to separate the cross from the background?.. good take on the theme!

Season
I thought about the weather, sporting seasons, etc but came up with this.

Season by cowboy72, on Flickr

I like the idea but I'm not sure if I've managed to pull it off.

like your idea.. good focus and DOF, would have liked it a little lighter in the centre perhaps to highlight the text.. but what a good take on the theme!

Nice idea. 2 Seasons in 1.

Looks a tad dark on my screen. I had a quick edit and brightened (and added a slight vignette) seemed to give it a bit of a boost. HHmmm second thoughts the vignette might look a bit weird :thinking:

Cheers.

Clever shot Mark and well thought out with the pepper brushed around the text. Good job!

I like this one - good use of DOF to highlight the "season"....

Not sure I fancy eating tripe and chickpea whatever it is though. :puke: :LOL:

Good to see something a bit different but agree with others about it being a bit dark.

Last edited:
Love the season idea
Just needs a little light for me, but thats just fussy
I like it

Spot on theme :clap:

a little dark? - I think that is personal choice rather than a valid critique though!

onward and upward! :)

Back