weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Hi Andy :wave:

Process, :thinking: not obvious to me :bonk:

Rock 3 is just stunning :clap::clap::clap: I like two but not as much, I don't know why.

The lone tree and rock is amazing, I bet some clever PP could improve the BG.

Pair 2, the colour cropped version is my favourite. Nice and simple and some lovely detail in the leaves. The high key effect has worked well :clap:

Cheers.

Hi Andy :wave:

Process, :thinking: not obvious to me :bonk:

Rock 3 is just stunning :clap::clap::clap: I like two but not as much, I don't know why.

The lone tree and rock is amazing, I bet some clever PP could improve the BG.

Pair 2, the colour cropped version is my favourite. Nice and simple and some lovely detail in the leaves. The high key effect has worked well :clap:

Cheers.

Hi, thanks for the comments.

Process, this was an indulgence really. I was after a processed photograph :)

Cheers,

Once again perfect Andy (y)

All the more so as Isabelle modelled for you to add that personal touch.
Very effective too, good work matey :D

Excellent one of the oldest optical illusions and you have done it so well :clap: can't crit it but would like to know a bit more on how you achieved it.

nice work :clap:

Rock 2 is great, no crit, just a really nice image.

The re-shoot of Pair works really well. A clever idea, and I particularly like the fabric texture in the shadow.

Not sure what to say about shape, as it doesn't look like a photograph. Good idea though... a bit of a classic!

Once again perfect Andy (y)

All the more so as Isabelle modelled for you to add that personal touch.
Very effective too, good work matey :D

Excellent one of the oldest optical illusions and you have done it so well :clap: can't crit it but would like to know a bit more on how you achieved it.

nice work :clap:

I'd agree. On first look you wouldn't know it's a photo! ;)
Nice idea though

Very good.

Can crit as can't fault it (y)

Rock 2 is great, no crit, just a really nice image.

The re-shoot of Pair works really well. A clever idea, and I particularly like the fabric texture in the shadow.

Not sure what to say about shape, as it doesn't look like a photograph. Good idea though... a bit of a classic!

Cheers, all, appreciate the FB.

Now, I accept that it's more graphic than photographic :D but I hope after 152 weeks of posting in the TP 52S, I can be forgiven :D

How I did it, well I managed to just about get a silhouette of Isabelle in camera. The in PS I had to edit. From just under her chin to near the top of her head is real. The rest I had to manipulate (y)

Cheers.

Great idea - perfect execution......

no crit.

nope - even just popped back up for another look, ;)

really love your pair picture and especially the last one. The detail in each leaf is fantastic. Really like the slight texture on the shadow below them as well.

Hi, all, I haven't posed this in the 'no comments' forum. It's a quick photograph for reshoot...now what theme it's a reshoot of, I have no idea.

Just didn't want to miss a week and we're just about to set of for Morecambe for the weekend :D

No comments expected.

Cheers all.

Reshoot by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Now then matey

Shape....no crit...fab idea & brilliant editing (y)

Reshoot......only you could a reshoot & not know which week it's for :LOL:......lovely star fish , nice n sharp (y)....maybe a smidge in the centre ?....& not keen on the frame....

Now then matey

Shape....no crit...fab idea & brilliant editing (y)

Reshoot......only you could a reshoot & not know which week it's for :LOL:......lovely star fish , nice n sharp (y)....maybe a smidge in the centre ?....& not keen on the frame....

Cheers.

Reshoot...was only really so I didn't miss any themes:)

nice view, well composed with the little red boat to add a sense of scale. Cool clouds too.

Were you on a boat youself, or a spit of land ??

Did think B&W, but doesn;t work as well as the colour does.

Hey Andy :)

Space - Very interesting cloud formations and a great sky, but thinking the mountains/hills are a tad blue ??

The composition is real nice with the little red boat adding to the feeling of wide open space :)

Hi, does look a tad blue on here.... Must get my laptop Calibrated!

nice view, well composed with the little red boat to add a sense of scale. Cool clouds too.

Were you on a boat youself, or a spit of land ??

Did think B&W, but doesn;t work as well as the colour does.

Thanks. I did a bw and it didn't work, as you say. I was on the land, unfortunately :)

Cheers.

Nice one Andy, very cool cloud structure. Sea looks a bit, I dunno :shrug: dark?

It was the clouds that caught my eye. Sea does look a tad dark, but not on my laptop :bonk:

Indeed plenty of space. well exposed and composed.

I can't help but feel a UWA shot of it would be more epic, but that's just me personally.

You can taste the sea air looking at that... really nice. Great composition & beautiful colour.

Cracking shot, and you've caught a great cloud formation there. Strong contrasting blues, which works for me. Tiny bit of red from the boat adds a nice detail too.

The sun does shine in Morecambe then... lol I've been twice and it was chucking it down both times.

Hi Andy

Trying to catch up.

Rock - #2 for me as the layout seems better - the fells in the b/g contribute more and the whole has a more minimal feel.

Pair - agree - just like 2 animals squaring for a fight. Last edit is best. Good colour and detail in the leaves. cannot fault it

Shape - a good example of this type of shot.

Plenty - I like the comp and the idea. Excellent line of clouds. Fells in b/g look a bit blue as DK says and the water has a strange grey mono quality. Boat adds to the scene. All looks better in large, scale on Flickr.

Hi Andy
I really like the line of clouds agree with DK about the hills its a pity the red boat wasn't a bit lower it would be nice to see it not interfering with the line of the sea

agree about the blueness and to me it seems a tad noisy
composition is great though as others have said

I don't know if its an optical illusion but also seems like the level of the sea is curved

Indeed plenty of space. well exposed and composed.

I can't help but feel a UWA shot of it would be more epic, but that's just me personally.

Plenty is certainly on theme (y) hope you enyojed Morcambe :)

You can taste the sea air looking at that... really nice. Great composition & beautiful colour.

Cracking shot, and you've caught a great cloud formation there. Strong contrasting blues, which works for me. Tiny bit of red from the boat adds a nice detail too.

The sun does shine in Morecambe then... lol I've been twice and it was chucking it down both times.

Hi Andy

Trying to catch up.

Rock - #2 for me as the layout seems better - the fells in the b/g contribute more and the whole has a more minimal feel.

Pair - agree - just like 2 animals squaring for a fight. Last edit is best. Good colour and detail in the leaves. cannot fault it

Shape - a good example of this type of shot.

Plenty - I like the comp and the idea. Excellent line of clouds. Fells in b/g look a bit blue as DK says and the water has a strange grey mono quality. Boat adds to the scene. All looks better in large, scale on Flickr.

Hi Andy
I really like the line of clouds agree with DK about the hills its a pity the red boat wasn't a bit lower it would be nice to see it not interfering with the line of the sea

agree about the blueness and to me it seems a tad noisy
composition is great though as others have said

I don't know if its an optical illusion but also seems like the level of the sea is curved

Cheers all.

This one presented loads of colour and horizon issues, for some reason :thinking:

As I said, I must get my screen calibrated.

Another big sky shot this week and i like this one too Andy.

I think the over saturated sky works, and the overall scene is very pleasing on the eye.

I particularly like the layer effect here, from the darker water, through the land and low lying fluffy clouds to the bright blue sky, good work matey (y)

Hi :wave:

Pair:love the simplicity of this, very well done :clap:
Shape:Clever simple idea again
Plenty:Like the layers, especially the clouds

(when i say simple I dont mean easy, appreciate that it tales a lot of thought and work :)

Another big sky shot this week and i like this one too Andy.

I think the over saturated sky works, and the overall scene is very pleasing on the eye.

I particularly like the layer effect here, from the darker water, through the land and low lying fluffy clouds to the bright blue sky, good work matey (y)

Thanks, Iain. I'm not too happy with the position of the boats and waited for it move, but it didn't.

Hi :wave:

Pair:love the simplicity of this, very well done :clap:
Shape:Clever simple idea again
Plenty:Like the layers, especially the clouds

(when i say simple I dont mean easy, appreciate that it tales a lot of thought and work :)

Thanks and I know what you mean (y)

Hi, all.

My first Speed didn't work. Camera on a mono pot, cycling at high speed with the camera low to the ground. But I couldn't get the camera tight on the mono pod, so they were naff.

Went to Poundland and bought 4 glasses for some high speed photography. Blooming heck, not easy :bonk:

Anyway, here's my Speed.

Cheers.

Week 29 Speed by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Hi Andy,
as you say not easy but you have caught it really well, there is still some movement in it which adds to it, how many of the glasses did you go through before you got the shot?

Yeah. Well caught, but I don't entirely get how it fits the theme.

What I am scratching my head over is the broken glass looks sharp, but the base/stem is still moving....if the shutter speed was quick enough to freeze the broken glass why not the base/stem?

Back