weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Hi Andy: firstly I would like to apologise for missing a LOAD of your uploads, in my defence your mono pics are not in the '52 pictures thread... anyway I've "friended" you on flickr now (I can't believe I hadn't done that already) so hopefully I won't miss any more of your uploads.

As for your pics.

Mono - the snail, of course! nice detail. (y)

Connection - Zips can be kind of seductive as a prop (think glamour shots, or strippers) and the OOF bit at the opening adds mystery. Nicely done.

Beginning - Nicely made but I have to agree that it's not the most exciting picture I've ever seen.

Have a nice trip - looking forward to your "still" submission. (y)

Hi Andy: firstly I would like to apologise for missing a LOAD of your uploads, in my defence your mono pics are not in the '52 pictures thread... anyway I've "friended" you on flickr now (I can't believe I hadn't done that already) so hopefully I won't miss any more of your uploads.

As for your pics.

Mono - the snail, of course! nice detail. (y)

Connection - Zips can be kind of seductive as a prop (think glamour shots, or strippers) and the OOF bit at the opening adds mystery. Nicely done.

Beginning - Nicely made but I have to agree that it's not the most exciting picture I've ever seen.

Have a nice trip - looking forward to your "still" submission. (y)

Cheers, Brian, yeah, some weeks just don't inspire.

Appreciate the FB (y)

Hi, all, well been away for a long weekend in Wales so lots of photographs to process and TP52s to catch up on, which I'll do during the week.

Here's my Still (water), second one I see :smile:.

I've always wanted to photograph one of these poles (not sure what they are, though) and with the theme being Still, I thought I'd include the pole and utilise a long exposure as well.

One of those occasions when I was glad the sky was blank.

Quite happy with this one...and it's not been taken inside my house or in the garden :laugh:

Cheers, all.

Week 34 Still by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Top notch. I particularly like the wet rocks. Nice composition too. (y)

Graham will be along in a mo to tell you that the pole isn't vertical. :naughty:

Last edited:
I knew for still there would be a long exposure and I'm glad it's this one, excellently executed and the pole looks fine to me :)

Graham will be along in a mo to tell you that the pole isn't vertical. :naughty:

:wave:

you're right, it's not Brian... But the horizon is absolutely 100% spot on level, and the slight lean of the post is more than fine with me!

(you didn't crop any off the LHS did you andy??... )

Love the movement of the water with the stillness and sharpness of the pole and the rocks.. Nice conversion to B&W too :clap:

Hi
Agree with the above comments really, nice image my only nitpick would be a bit more space at the top of the image, the pole by the way is a Starboard hand marker (they have different shapes some for PORT some for STARBOARD), its to aid navigation ;)

Last edited:
Top notch. I particularly like the wet rocks. Nice composition too. (y)

Cheers. Yup the bloomin' pole was leaning slightly :bat:

I knew for still there would be a long exposure and I'm glad it's this one, excellently executed and the pole looks fine to me :)

Cheers and on this occasion I'm glad to be predictable :D

I think you're selling yourself short with the conker shot; the soft, almost hint of shadow underneath is technically very tricky and you've caught the form, colour and texture beautifully. Minimalism is very hard to pull off - why do you think all my shots are messily over-processed? :)

Love the still water shot.

Cheers, yeah, I've been very hard on myself lately.

Appreciate the FB (y)

:wave:

you're right, it's not Brian... But the horizon is absolutely 100% spot on level, and the slight lean of the post is more than fine with me!

(you didn't crop any off the LHS did you andy??... )

Love the movement of the water with the stillness and sharpness of the pole and the rocks.. Nice conversion to B&W too :clap:

Cheers, no crop off the RHS, just a tad off the bottom. It isn't the composition I was after...there was a family crabbing just out of shop...and they were not moving anytime soon :bat:

Very nice Andy (y)

Lovely B&W conversion. I don't know what those poles are for either, but the contrast is spot on and it stands out beautifully from the water.
Just the right amount of movement in the water for me and the rocks add a nice bit of interest.

I like :)

Thansks, Aarah, I could use a 10 stopper all day :D

Yep, agree with all the above.

Lovely photo.

Thanks, bud.

Hi
Agree with the above comments really, nice image my only nitpick would be a bit more space at the top of the image, the pole by the way is a Starboard hand marker (they have different shapes some for PORT some for STARBOARD), its to aid navigation ;)

Ahh, thanks for the clarification.

Hmm, tad more on the top. ISWYM.

Cheers.

Cracking image matey :clap:....no crit from me on this one......you gonna get it printed ?

Cracking image matey :clap:....no crit from me on this one......you gonna get it printed ?

Andy. That is a stunner. End of.

Thanks a lot.

I really need to have a word with myself....I'm becoming ssooooo critical. I know it's not a bad thing, but even when several people give a :clap:, I'm thinking, :thinking:, I don't really know. I could have done X, Y and Z.

I've been wanting to get some printed for a while so might just do this one.

Cheers all and I'm bag up and running and looking forwards to week 35!!

Hi Andy
Fairies a great idea, I am surprised you didn't do it in B and W to keep in with the victorian theme of the originals.
My only problem with it is your daughter seems totally disinterested in it, she has that "you want me to do what" look.
I am not sure if it adds something rather comical or not :thinking:
Overall I do like it though :clap:

Hi Andy
Fairies a great idea, I am surprised you didn't do it in B and W to keep in with the victorian theme of the originals.
My only problem with it is your daughter seems totally disinterested in it, she has that "you want me to do what" look.
I am not sure if it adds something rather comical or not :thinking:
Overall I do like it though :clap:

She does here best but sometimes when she isn't interested....she isn't interested and no matter what I do it won't help....:bat:

I did try B&W but the fairies were almost totally lost. The fairies were JPEG I lost a lot of detail in processing. I might see if I can find/buy some hi resh photographs.

Cheers.

I think the capture of the girl is whimsical enough in my opinion,. I get what you were trying to do with the fairies, but I just think the photo would have been better off without them to be honest...the natural lighting on the face and the colour look spot on :)

Ha - great fun, almost as if she knew you were going to drop a great big hair bobble thing onto her head (actually, can;t decide if its real or added after... :thinking:)..

Fairies do look a little "added" but they were in the original so fit perfectly here too. The expression's natural, which is better than any faked one!

2mo5pow.gif
Hello, can you hear me? - It's Brian! - I'm in the other room... On my own! :wave:

I can't see your picture very well from in here but the first thing that struck me was that it was a clever idea to pick up on the infamous fairy pics... Then I saw your link! :)

Nicely shot & processed, I have to agree with Al that your daughter looks well moody! I would have prefered to see her interacting with the fairies, or even just looking at them... and WTF is that on her head? :D

I think the capture of the girl is whimsical enough in my opinion,. I get what you were trying to do with the fairies, but I just think the photo would have been better off without them to be honest...the natural lighting on the face and the colour look spot on :)

Thanks for the FB. Not sure it would have said whimsical without the fairies.

Cheers.

Ha - great fun, almost as if she knew you were going to drop a great big hair bobble thing onto her head (actually, can;t decide if its real or added after... :thinking:)..

Fairies do look a little "added" but they were in the original so fit perfectly here too. The expression's natural, which is better than any faked one!

The bobble is real and I agree about the fairies....if they looked real I'm not sure it would have worked.

Cheers.

2mo5pow.gif
Hello, can you hear me? - It's Brian! - I'm in the other room... On my own! :wave:

I can't see your picture very well from in here but the first thing that struck me was that it was a clever idea to pick up on the infamous fairy pics... Then I saw your link! :)

Nicely shot & processed, I have to agree with Al that your daughter looks well moody! I would have prefered to see her interacting with the fairies, or even just looking at them... and WTF is that on her head? :D

In the other room, eh, padded room, me thinks.

I did well to get her to sit down :D

It's a bobble on her head....or should I say, a decoration from a present I have Jackie :D

Cheers.

Hi matey :wave:

lovin that whimisical shot.......think Isabelle's expression adds something to the feel of it...great work on the fairies , they seem a little bright to me but hey....I can't crit as couldn't come up with anything like this shot.....:clap:

Love the whimsy shot. Absolutely gorgeous expression for the model; completely spot on.

Cheers. She is an angle and you only see a few of the ones I take of her :)

Hi matey :wave:

lovin that whimisical shot.......think Isabelle's expression adds something to the feel of it...great work on the fairies , they seem a little bright to me but hey....I can't crit as couldn't come up with anything like this shot.....:clap:

'Ello you :wave:

I've flik flacked on the expression, but the bordam adds to it, IMO.

The fairies are bright, as they are in th original, I had to increase vibrancy or they were lost in the BG.

Cheers all?

Still is a great shot, really simple, serene, and lovely tones. The misty effect around the rocks really works well.

Whimsical is a cracking modern take on a classic. The fantastic cynical, unimpressed expression brings it right up to date. Really nice colours, and the texture in the blown background is lovely.

I agree: the shot works because she's surrounded by wonder and it bored of it all. If she looked awestruck the picture wouldn't add anything to the idea if you get what I mean.

Still is a great shot, really simple, serene, and lovely tones. The misty effect around the rocks really works well.

Whimsical is a cracking modern take on a classic. The fantastic cynical, unimpressed expression brings it right up to date. Really nice colours, and the texture in the blown background is lovely.

Cheers, guys, I really wasn't sure about Isabelle's expression but after seeing comments it seems to have worked :D

Been a while since I was this quick off the mark.

Well I saw the theme and had a work with Jackie :naughty:

Quickly reverted to my second idea. Wise move, me thinks :bat:

I've wanted to do one of these for a while so off we went to the local park.

Overall, I'm very happy, just a few areas in the sky but nothing I could have done about that - thought about a grad filter, but not sure it would have worked :thinking:

Here you go - Curve.

Week 36 Curve 2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
Andy, great idea and works really well for the theme, the curved path of the ball comes across brilliantly, :clap: there are a number of areas where the cutting round and cloning isn't 100%, round the chap (you ??) (softer brush would help) and especially his feet, and along the trees to the right.....

Pretty certain you have the ability, maybe not the time..

That's not to say I don't like it, just needs polishing... and I think it's worth doing! (y)

Great start and a very good idea.

Andy, great idea and works really well for the theme, the curved path of the ball comes across brilliantly, :clap: there are a number of areas where the cutting round and cloning isn't 100%, round the chap (you ??) (softer brush would help) and especially his feet, and along the trees to the right.....

Pretty certain you have the ability, maybe not the time..

That's not to say I don't like it, just needs polishing... and I think it's worth doing! (y)

Cheers, bud, sometimes I get so involved I miss the obvious.

Had an edit and reposted.

Cheers.

Back