2015 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 we finally made it and its "Christmas" into the bargain

I note from the most recent Google spreadsheet update that there are not many of us left but encouragingly I also note that no one has dropped out for several weeks now. I think the 26 week marker is pivotal in that if you have made it this far then the rest is all downhill. Personally I can't see me stopping before the end now whereas last year I failed at 16 weeks.

Just a thought though...perhaps changing the title to Challenge 48 might be a good idea so there is a natural break before the following year starts?

Not sure about that Martin - 52 has meaning relating as it does to the calendar. So long as you can catch-up, you can create your own breaks as you go.

On a completely different matter, is there any way of viewing all submissions for a given theme in one continuous stream. Say by selecting Week 18 on the spreadsheet, you can see all the "Figures" that participants have sent in rather than having to delve into each individual portfolio. That could help inspire, give ideas and even create a "Best of Week" competition going. Just a thought.

11 submission for Week 27 against 24 for last year.

Overall comments seem to be drying up as well. I have to say, I do struggle when members post catch up threads and limit myself to commenting only on the latest submission.

:thinking:

I see what your saying Martin, but agree with Carl, best to make own breaks, for some of us the end of one year and start of the next is our quietest at work, me especially :D

I'm a major culprit this year at lack of comments, again I was okay at the start of the year but as expected this year is extra manic.... mind you I am getting on top of stuff and getting time set aside for my 52...

Take this weekend for example, planned for Saturday day time to spend on the house, garden, grass start hedges etc (keeping it tip-top for viewers) and planned for all evening to catch up on comments and ALL day Sunday on photo's... so what happens yesterday Broadband went down so spent start of the evening on the phone to BT trying to get it fixed.... and today's photo day, well, wind and rain have put a stop to that already :bang:

Well, I might have my Proverb. It's food related and yes, I'm in it :p but it's a family photograph.

Nearly didn't happen, though. I set up with two OCF in soft boxes, turned around and a gust of wind caught one and it toppld over on to all the food. Jackie and the title took it well :bat:

I was after better composition, ideally triangular, but thought I'd better not start directing them :exit:

Anyways, better Finnish the sausages :banana:

Cheers.

Anyways, better Finnish the sausages :banana:
Are they Blond with blue eyes? or is that that a euphemism, knowing how liberal they are?

:D

Last day of my jollies today. I'm well behind, but I think I've managed to capture a few potentially suitable shots for each of the last 4 weeks' themes, so I have a mammoth sorting and editing week ahead of me - with the occasional break for washing and ironing of course. ;)

Last edited:
Last day of my jollies today. I'm well behind, but I think I've managed to capture a few potentially suitable shots for each of the last 4 weeks' themes, so I have a mammoth sorting and editing week ahead of me - with the occasional break for washing and ironing of course. ;)
Oooo you will be back to earth with a BIG bump then :D

AHHH falling behind! :(
Don't worry about it... just catch up as and when, sh1t happens unfortunately :)

AHHH falling behind! :(
You and me both but I'm posting when I can, sod the catch ups too far behind to worry about that.
At least I'm beginning to remember what my camera looks like!

Oooo you will be back to earth with a BIG bump then :D

Don't worry about it... just catch up as and when, sh1t happens unfortunately :)

I'm trying, think i might have 2 themes to force into a theme this evening lol

You and me both but I'm posting when I can, sod the catch ups too far behind to worry about that.
At least I'm beginning to remember what my camera looks like!

yer thinking the same, but feel bad when people are taking time to comment on mine, will eventually catch up even if its just to comment/critique the most recent post

Well I'm hoping to have got a couple of themes shoehorned in, now editing them, can't upload from PC until they fix my broadband <fingers crossed> for tomorrow :)

SNAP! my broadband is pwp anyway

Ooooooo and my new Homehub 5b has arrived, plugged in and FINALLY up and running on all devices :banana:

My GOD we sure forget what it is like when at home and no broadband = no PC, no Sky Boxsets, no Amazon Prime TV or Netflix.... all felt a bit :runaway:

anyhooooo I'm a bit shattered so uploading a couple of theme's photo's tonight and will do comments tomorrow evening - night all :)

Hi all ....I had a disaster today I deleted photos from Photo Stream on my ipad and realised too late they delete permanently from Flickr....:runaway::runaway::runaway:so they have gone from my thread, soooooo annoying, I hate my thread looking all empty ....is it possible to go back into old posts and put a picture back into it.
I know it probably doesn't matter but my OCD o_O likes things to be neat and tidy.

Thinking of hopping back into the challenge and doing two a week till I catch up.....I miss it.

Hi all ....I had a disaster today I deleted photos from Photo Stream on my ipad and realised too late they delete permanently from Flickr....:runaway::runaway::runaway:so they have gone from my thread, soooooo annoying, I hate my thread looking all empty ....is it possible to go back into old posts and put a picture back into it.
I know it probably doesn't matter but my OCD o_O likes things to be neat and tidy.

Thinking of hopping back into the challenge and doing two a week till I catch up.....I miss it.

Ouch. Never too late to add your photographs to your thread (y)

Pretty sure they will be available under "recently deleted" section of iCloud.

Oh Dear Susie :D

Well... would you believe it, I'm off camping for the weekend too, it weather might be dry and photo-opportunistic too :banana:

Hmmmm... but no Friday off for me :sulk:

We're setting off camping this weekend shortly. No bloody half day for me either, shocking I tells Ya :)

Pale, well I'll be looking a little pale in the morning. :beer: But I think you've seen enough photographs of me :p

Cheers and have a good one.

Finished my 19 hour day, took the oppunity to get some star photos since I was out of London. Now to think about pale... Hmmmm. I'm going to look pale after my hours

I'm still here, just very tired :(

I will catch up in a couple of weeks I hope.

I' ve also found it difficult to find the energy for comments as we have two back to back heatwaves which have wiped me out. Over 40C for nearly 2 weeks and trying to sort out the move too has been a step too far.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Please bear with me :kiss::kiss::kiss:

I'm still here, just very tired :(

I will catch up in a couple of weeks I hope.

I' ve also found it difficult to find the energy for comments as we have two back to back heatwaves which have wiped me out. Over 40C for nearly 2 weeks and trying to sort out the move too has been a step too far.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Please bear with me :kiss::kiss::kiss:

40 degrees :eek:

I struggle with high 20s. I hope the temperature drops for you and your move goes smoothly. You'll be back taking photos in no time (y)

I'm a bit behind but still in so don't move me to the Wall of Shame yet.

OOOO a nice early one, thanks for that, it was looking like I had nowt to do this afternoon with all the rain forcast...I was close to doing the housework!

TEAR : Loads of definitions, loads of choice, perhaps too much! :D

Hmmm! another thought-provoking theme - I'm getting all emotional about it (sob, sniff).:(

Ok, that's Silhouette, Animal and Pale done, now I'm only 3 behind :banana::banana::banana:

I'll try and do some comments over the weekend but thanks to everyone who has kept commenting on my stuff even though I've not be here (y)

Back