weekly Blondie606's 52 in 2014 Wk 52 Support-THE END :-)

Nature - brilliant work again, they are all compositionally good and bang on theme.

I have subscribed to Gavin hoey on my YouTube ages ago, but never got round to watching any off his stuff till last night.

Thanks Mandy :)

I think #3 is fantastic... bright yellow and super focus point.

drop shadow and the sampled coloured BG set it off beautifully.

there a certain something about #2 as well, but the punch of colour in three takes it.

Cheers Graham....only just found out the color sampler thing !

Nice set of photos. I prefer the 3rd as the colours are bold and the dof is nice and shallow but the focus is spot on

Thanks Colin :)

Cracking work Lynne,

Which one would i like on my wall?.... I think #1, I love the colours,but #3's close the yellow is just a bit in yer face for me :clap::clap:

Cheers Judi....I'm thinking I may get these printed as a set

Step - I like this. Good PP work as well. Looks like you've followed those tutorials really well.

Nature - #3 is my favourite with the composition and sharpness being spot on but I'll have to apologise for not liking the frames on these at all. Whilst the colours are complimentary to the subject I feel they distract from the flowers.

No need for apologies Peter.....I knew the frames wouldn't be to everyone's taste....I was thinking along the lines of greeting cards when I did them :)

A lovely set you have there Lynne, all beautifully lit, fantastic colours and detail, liking your PhotoShop frames too, thinking the second frame is a tad wide other than that... spot On (y)

BLIMEY... Critting frames now :thinking:

Thanks Dean....the images as a whole need critting so thanks for pointing out the smidge too wode frame...I think you may be right (y)

Hi Lynne :wave:
Long time, no comment sorry :(
Step, your processing skills are simply brilliant (y)
but looking beyond them, your photography isn't too shabby either. You've captured the component parts of your image well, I particularly like the lighting on woody, evenly lit picking out all the detail. It couldn't have been easy to photograph the light bulb either. Great work all round Lynne (y)

Nature/natural, i was immediately drawn to #2. Again, wonderful lighting throughout the set but this one really stood out for me. No crit to add Lynne to be honest, great work.

Cheers Iain , no apology needed , I've been well slack with comments lately as well :oops: :$
The light bulb was a mare & had plenty of pp to tidy it up but I'm pleased with the end result , all credit to Gavin Hoey for the idea & tutorial .Glad you picked 2 , I'm torn between that & 3 :)

Hi, not keen on#1. It's a bit busy and the flowers isn't as interesting as the others. Not an easy choice but I'm opting for #2. The simplicity works for me. The central composition was right way to go. Not keen on the pink border, though, I removed the colour on Snapseed. I feel pink in the border distracts from the flower, whereas a. Ice clean white doesn't.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy ( I have no idea what snapspeed is ??) After your comment about white border I tried one....think I must be in a colorful mood cos I still prefer the colored borders.....think greeting cards..... if I'd managed to shoot the flowers against a white background then put a bevel & drop shadow on I think that may have worked better with a large white frame ?

You've got some great colour and detail in there Lynne. Smashing shots.

Thanks Simon :)

:wave: 3 great shots Lynne, if I had to pick one I'm drawn to no.2 (y)

Cheers Phil....yayyy , another vote for 2 :D

Really like No.3 although No.2 is also a close contender, nice and sharp with good DoF. I like the offcentre composition but again I'm not keen on the border, I think it would look just as good if not better with just the image itself.

Nontheless good work as usual :)

Thanks Simon....I'm not normally a fan of borders either so knew these would be marmite...:)

Hi Lynne, number three of the flower shots for me, I understand why you are adding borders etc to improve your photoshop skills but I can't say I like them
they are a bit in your face and detract from what is an excellent pic in its own right
Nice PP on step too very clever (y)

Cheers Alan , no worries about the frames.......I like trying stuff & getting feedback as to what works from others view points (y)

... in total agreement with blakester.

Thanks David:)

3rd one for me.

Great colour and excellent use of focus point and depth of field (y)

Cheers Mark...was quite surprised that the yellow one came out as well as it did.....hand:)held in a breeze

Love the yellow flower. Good composition and exposure is rock solid.
Thanks Andrew...yeah , happy with all of them but 3 is just edging in as my favorite :)

quote="Nortdog, post: 6200304, member: 61883"]Hi Lynne, number 3 is the pick for me, very good lighting, DOF and focus. im afraid im not a fan of the frames but that's just purely personal taste. Another week with some grteat shots![/quote]

Cheers Adam...no worries on the frames ...I was thinking greeting cards when I did them :)

I like #3 and think it is well framed...

Thanks Colin :)

Hi Lynne, #3 for me - I love the yellow, cheers me up on these grey days! I do like #2 but feel the border is overpowering the flower.

Cheers Sarah....I'll have to try n giure out how to lower the saturation when using the sampler tool :)

Hi Lynne

sorry only just catching up cant add really to what been said for Step or Nature all are fantastic ( the bulb shot I love )

no worries Craig....it's hard enough doing the photo's each week , so appreciate you popping in :)

& finally to Action

1st off let me say....DO NOT COMMENT ON THE WATERMARK ! Given that you can know download from Flickr without so much as a by-your-leave I have to use it ! It is also at really low res for the same reason .
So , on to the shots.....spent a fun day at my local MX parc so was spoilt for choice :D but you'll be glad to see no frames or photoshoppery this week......

here ya go :

Wk 15 Action 2 jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Wk 15 Action 1 jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

:wave: love the first shot Lynne, really caught the action, pov is great (y).........you like moto 'X', don't ya :D

Another fan of #1... :)

I do rather like the miniature shadow created in #2 as well... Both look plenty sharp but still retain a good amount of motion blur in tyres and flying dirt.

Yet another vote for the first one! Great action shot :clap:

Hi Lynne, can only add to whats been said already the first is great, nothing else to add :clap:

Hi Lynne ....just hopped on to your thread and I think it's all been said ....
Nature ...super shots, I thought I liked the pink one until I saw the yellow one....a great shot and I like the frame.
Action...number one is super...you certainly captured the action there.....excellent.

:wave: love the first shot Lynne, really caught the action, pov is great (y).........you like moto 'X', don't ya :D

Thanks Phil......oh yes , lovin the Moto x :D

Hi Lynne,
#1 is the best shot for me, love all the dust and effort to get round(y)(y)

Cheers Judi... IO'm in awe of the guy's n gal's that do this...road bikes I can handle but moto x...they're all nuts !

Both shots are excellent, but the first is a corker :D

Thanks Andy...i've been getting enough practice recently...2 days 3000 shots but ones like the above make it all worthwhile :D

#1 for me. Well composed. Good low angle and the spray of dirt really adds to the action.

You know my opinions on watermarks :)

Cheers.

Cheers Andy......you should see some of the water marks I've put on my flickr images.....it's just too easy to download from there....once my website is up & running I can lose the big ones & revert to sensible small ones :)

1st is great, can't crit as it's great as is (y)

Thanks Mark (y)

Another fan of #1... :)

I do rather like the miniature shadow created in #2 as well... Both look plenty sharp but still retain a good amount of motion blur in tyres and flying dirt.

Cheers Graham...(y) didn't spot the mini shadow till you mentioned it :rolleyes:

Yet another vote for the first one! Great action shot :clap:

Thanks Elaine :)

#1 ... wow

Awww...thanks David :kiss:

Hi Lynne, can only add to whats been said already the first is great, nothing else to add :clap:

Thanks Allan...I've had enough practice at these shots recently.....:)

Hi Lynne ....just hopped on to your thread and I think it's all been said ....
Nature ...super shots, I thought I liked the pink one until I saw the yellow one....a great shot and I like the frame.
Action...number one is super...you certainly captured the action there.....excellent.

Thanks for the catch up Elaine, yellow one is my favourite as well (y)

Hi Lynne

love both shots

number 1 the angle and squirt of dust is impressive

Cheers Craig ...it did get rather dusty that day....:eek:

Cheers Andy......you should see some of the water marks I've put on my flickr images.....it's just too easy to download from there....once my website is up & running I can lose the big ones & revert to sensible small ones :)

Website....ooooooo are you selling or is it to show your photographs?

Cheers.

Best I have a catch up with photo's before I fall 3 weeks behind !

Mono.......really didn't want to do B&W mono as been doing plenty of that with the POTY this year , so I've gone for Mono as in single...

Wk 16 Mono
Wk 16 Mono jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

& to get me right up todate here's a rather week Twisted......was the only thing that sprang to mind when I saw the theme so original it is not .

Wk17 Twisted
Wk 17 Twisted c jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Hi, mono, cracking detail, nice clean BG and good liking. Have to be a pedant, but is it mono?

Twisted, post and be damned. On them and good separation.

Cheers.

although twisted isn't original, its a good example. Nice DOF and focus point. I also like the wire going across the frame. feet up for a week now!

Hi, mono, cracking detail, nice clean BG and good liking. Have to be a pedant, but is it mono?

Twisted, post and be damned. On them and good separation.

Cheers.

Oi ! Mr Pedant.....Mono means one & I can only see 1 rose :D

although twisted isn't original, its a good example. Nice DOF and focus point. I also like the wire going across the frame. feet up for a week now!

Thanks Adam :)

lovely singular white rose there, the green of the stem is just dark enough to not jump out at you, but leads nicely to the rose head bit.

Beautifully sharp, but also retaining the softness of the petals at the same time, and great brightness to it, but also still keeping the texture of the petals. Very well done.

Barbed wire is a simple idea, but executed well..... super detail and sufficient DOF to get both the main prongs in sharp focus. love the bright green mottled BG there too.

Hi Lynne both excellent the rose is excellent really stands out, nicely placed too (y)
barbed wire simple but very effective with a great BG (y)

Action - two superb shots can't fault either off them.

mono - wonderful composition, love the simplicity off it nice work.

Twisted - fits the theme, but sadly does not hold my attention for long. The focusing is great, and the composition, just lacks the wow factor for me sorry.

Hi Lynne, as said, the rose is excellent, sharp, clear, great detail, really stands out from the black bg (y)

Good detail in the barbed wire, composition, dof works well (y)

Lynne first off appologies for not commenting on all your photos... playing catch up with fellow 52'ers can be long winded at times...

I like the twisted shot... as said before the DOF is spot on and corner to corner also works...
Mono - good take on the singular aspect... different perspective...

Hi Lynne
I keep typing to you all my apologies for being behind - i don't know how I get so far back - Big kick up ....

Step - brilliant . :clap: Unique idea and very well handled. The exposure on the model, the light bulb and the reflection are really good. I prefer the later edit with the less black space but not sure that the 'broken glass' on the floor adds anything - it is supposed to be surreal so does not have to be too literal for me. I would not know how to do what you have done but shouldn't the right foot be in contact with its reflection as it is on the floor - or is he jumping .. Anyway :clap:

Natural - I am going to be out of step and opt for #1. It has an ethereal quality. Good focus and soft dof. #2 - I don't care much for the colour of the border nor the rather blowsy lighting of the flower. #3 is v. good and the border fits well.

Action - #1 has it all - action in the angle of the bike, the boot, the curve and that great sand/dirt spray. #2 is good but cannot stand up to the comparison.

Mono - the single theme works well and as the green stem is so understated, the white rose and the black b/k have a mono feel. Good lighting and detail in the petals. (y) I may have tried a square (er) crop.

Twisted - on theme good colours - given the quality and effort in the other 4 weeks this is fine - it fits the bill.

Hey Lynne :)

Action - Well what can be said other than Fantastic, that first shot with the flying dirt trail is excellent, both really well lit, super action shots to say the least, damn I would love to take shots like that :clap:

Mono - Liking your idea of singular for the theme... struggling to crit this one, stem coming from the corner works well with the crop, nice black backgound, white flower very well exposed considering the large contrast in tones, super soft detail too - Nice (y)

Twisted - Wish I has thought of that, love a bit of barbed wire (i WILL get a shot into my 52 one way or another) Bang on sharpness, perfect DoF and Crop, loving the background again too, again can't give any crit :)

Back