weekly Custard's 52 for 2014

Edit My Images
Yes
A bit of late start but better late than never! I'm just starting out on this photography thing so critique is welcome and requested :)

Week 1 - Line/Linear

IMG_5643
by real-custard, on Flickr

Last edited:
New
I see where you are coming from but the picture as it is does nothing for me. I like the scaffolding but that's all I would want to see. The bit on the left where there isn't any and, even more so, the void on the far left where there is nothing at all detracts from the picture so much that the theme is lost. Try cropping in to show only the scaffolding as even at an angle (maybe even especially because of the angle) I think you would have a good picture there. Yes, lose the gubbins on the left hand side and it will be good.

Welcome, you have one massive catch up to do!

To be honest I don't mind the void on the left. It's a shame the sky was not a bit more interesting but I think the non-scaffold area gives the image a bit more context. I'm not sure about the odd angles and perspective personally, but it adds an element of quirkiness to something that might be otherwise a little bland.

Hello and welcome to the 52 mad house, I look forward to seeing what you produce.

Line/Linear - well it fits the theme nicely, the crit I would give you would be to have a tighter crop. In order to loose the tree branches on the left hand side of the image.

Hi Custard......welcome aboard :wave:

I'm kinda liking that...the quirky angle appeals , the scaffold free section on the lhs also has lines in it so ties to the theme & adds some context :) I'd clone out the small branches on the lhs

BTW....don't think I can call you custard for the rest of the year :D

I like how when you scroll the page it gives the illusion that you are zooming...

Great start! :)

Mandy, Lynne,

Your eyesight is too bloody good, until you mentioned it I hadn't noticed the branches.

Welcome aboard. Good use of the diagonals and I think given the subject and the bland sky you did best in converting it to mono.

Now all you need to do is take another seven photos and you've caught up :p

Thank you all for generous feedback!

Mandy, Lynne and Michael you have amazing eyesight - I struggled to see the branches in Aperture even knowing they were there.

I've tried it again with a tighter crop and from a slightly straighter angle. It's a different picture than I had in mind when taking it but I think it's alright?

IMG_5643 - Version 2

Week 4 - Bubble

This one was fun. The bubbles are from a bubble gun, shot against a piece of black card. Lighting is from a flash, with a gobo between the flash and card and flash and lens.

Week 4 - Bubble

Back