weekly Judi's 52 in 2014 week 33 and 34 added

I prefer the composition of the 2nd shot, the POV and the angle are better.

Hi Judi....Nice take on this weeks theme. I am with DK and like number 1 best. I like the inclusion of the text and I also like the ribbed pipe top left which adds a little extra interest for me. Good effort this week (y)

Certainly positive. Prefer the 2nd image I just feel it needs a little something to make it pop. My a clean with WD40 to bring out the colour :thinking:
Thank you for looking Michael :)
Hi Judi :)
I'm preferring the first shot, mainly due to the text all being intact, if the clipped text in the second shot was cloned out I'd prefer that one - Great one for the theme :)
have cloned it out DK, thank for commenting :)
All been said really.
thank you for looking :)
I prefer the composition of the 2nd shot, the POV and the angle are better.
Thank you Kev :)
Hi Judi....Nice take on this weeks theme. I am with DK and like number 1 best. I like the inclusion of the text and I also like the ribbed pipe top left which adds a little extra interest for me. Good effort this week (y)
Thank you Jason :)
Hi Judi
Positive - #1 has the best colour but #2 the best comp. Simple , minimal take for the theme.
thanks Alan :)

Hi Judi, the second on works a little better because of the placement of the eggs and I can just see the sand falling in the timer
always nice to see a bit of gingham too (y)
a little more DoF would be my only crit

Hi Judi,

Time - #2 for me as well, because of the egg placement and also the hourglass being more straight. Like the colour the tablecloth add to the image too.

Hi Judi

2nd version for me , egg's seem better positioned , love the checked blue cloth.....give's it a country style feel ,DOF works fine for me (y) Would like to see a slightly lower more straight on pov...IYSWIM ?

PS....linky not working to your thread (y)

#2 gets my vote too Judi, as above for the composition particularly the eggs.
I like the lighting too and the bright blue of the tablecloth, it all makes for a pleasant scene, good work Missus (as Lynne would say ;):D)

Nice idea for the theme Judi, it really makes me feel like I'm in a country kitchen :)

Edit - PS the link on the main thread isn't working :(

No2 for me also, I think the running sand (or whatever is in it?) gives a better impression of time :)

Both good Judi, but definitely 2nd image for me too (y) prefer the positioning of the eggs and being able to see a little sand in the bottom of the egg timer :)

I like number 2 just for the egg positioning. Isn't it funny how such a small change can change ones preferences for something.

Hi judi - nice colour on time, the blue's with the egg colour... (you found some without faces on them I see... or are they shy ones. :))

second for me too, the eggs being closer works better, the timer is straight, the visible sand in the bottom leads you eye to the fact there is also sand falling through.

Nice use of DOf too. (y)

Good composition and great take for the theme nice one.
Thank you Mandy :)
Hi Judi, the second on works a little better because of the placement of the eggs and I can just see the sand falling in the timer
always nice to see a bit of gingham too (y)a little more DoF would be my only crit
Thanks Allan, don't tell but nobody has noticed the bit of blue tac holding the egg in place!

Hi Judi,
Time - #2 for me as well, because of the egg placement and also the hourglass being more straight. Like the colour the tablecloth add to the image too.
Thank you Natalie, yes I love my bit of gingham :)

Hi Judi
2nd version for me , egg's seem better positioned , love the checked blue cloth.....give's it a country style feel ,DOF works fine for me (y) Would like to see a slightly lower more straight on pov...IYSWIM ?
PS....linky not working to your thread (y)
thanks fixed it i hope :)
Thank you, I ran out of the blue check if i went any lower which spoilt it rather :)

#2 gets my vote too Judi, as above for the composition particularly the eggs.
I like the lighting too and the bright blue of the tablecloth, it all makes for a pleasant scene, good work Missus (as Lynne would say ;):D)
Thank-you very much Iain, I like the blue check stuff too also its wipe clean :)

Nice idea for the theme Judi, it really makes me feel like I'm in a country kitchen :)
Edit - PS the link on the main thread isn't working :(
thank you Elaine fixed now :)
Thank you for looking the country kitchen look is what i was aiming for :)

No2 for me also, I think the running sand (or whatever is in it?) gives a better impression of time :)
Hi Andy yes its sand,or always used to be, thanks, :)

Both good Judi, but definitely 2nd image for me too (y) prefer the positioning of the eggs and being able to see a little sand in the bottom of the egg timer :)
Thanks Phil, it seems that #2 has every body's vote :)

I like number 2 just for the egg positioning. Isn't it funny how such a small change can change ones preferences for something.
Thanks Martin yes it is, the eggs kept rolling off the table had to field a few catches, ended up using blue tac :)

Hi judi - nice colour on time, the blue's with the egg colour... (you found some without faces on them I see... or are they shy ones. :))
second for me too, the eggs being closer works better, the timer is straight, the visible sand in the bottom leads you eye to the fact there is also sand falling through.
Nice use of DOf too. (y)
Thanks Graham, very shy around here, specially the free range ones!! :)

Positive - #2 for me as it is on more of a diagonal than #1 and maybe a truer red than #3

Time - Another vote for #2 especially as the timer is a bit more upright (still a little rotation to go). The eggs are nicely positioned and the DoF just right.

#2 for me as well, definitely better with some of the sand flowing through.
thank you Richard there is sand flowing through the first but none in the bottom :)

Positive - #2 for me as it is on more of a diagonal than #1 and maybe a truer red than #3
Time - Another vote for #2 especially as the timer is a bit more upright (still a little rotation to go). The eggs are nicely positioned and the DoF just right.
thank you Peter yes #2 is the correct red as i saw it in the car.
I would have liked to get a bit lower Angle Peter but ran out of blue background :)

Another vote for #2. I like the idea, but there's something that doesn't quite work about the placement of the eggs in the composition and I can't quite explain what it is.

Lovely lighting on these. The blues are nice as well and on theme.

I feel the eggs could have been composed better, perhaps leaning against each other.

You did well to freeze the sand in the egg timer.

Cheers.

Good lighting, DoF and colour. I like the angle of the cloth "lines"

#2 for me also as the egg placement is far better. Nice lines on the table cloth running diagonally through as well. (y)
Thank you Michael
Another vote for #2. I like the idea, but there's something that doesn't quite work about the placement of the eggs in the composition and I can't quite explain what it is.
thanks for looking
Hi Judi....I like the second one because you can see the sand falling in the timer and the eggs are a bit closer together and in focus.
Great choice of cloth....a perfect background for the pic.
Thank you Susie, yes that cloth is a useful background, because its plastic and shiny it's difficult to keep the reflection of the light off it
Lovely lighting on these. The blues are nice as well and on theme.
I feel the eggs could have been composed better, perhaps leaning against each other.
You did well to freeze the sand in the egg timer.
Cheers.
Thanks Andy, yes the eggs could have been better but they were rolling about i did in the end use blue tac (and left a bit showing)
Good lighting, DoF and colour. I like the angle of the cloth "lines"
Thank you Kev, I like the blue too I felt that it fitted the retro look of the egg timer,

Thanks all for your comments :):)

Where's my spoon? I love eating a cake mix from the bowl and this certainly looks good enough to eat. Good alternative to the basic swirly's I've seen so far. First one is the best.

Quick note: I had to find this thread by looking up your member name as the link on the 'No Comments' thread doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
..................... not brill but there you go ;)

I'm inclined to agree with you there Judi.... (sorry), the first has a feel of a more carefully composed shot, but the second seems to have a bit more swirlyness in the mix.

Great idea though, but sometimes it's hard to translate a great idea into a great image.

Some weeks just need to get a tick in the box though. :), but I bet the cakes were lovely.

Hey Judi like the idea for this and I'm with Martin although why does he need a spoon? Hasn't he got any fingers...:D

I like the composition of the first shot just feel it needs a little more maybe a more down looking POV and as DK said add in a mixing spoon or whisk.. (y)

Back