weekly Leebert's 2015 52 - Week 52 - Christmas.

Nice one Lee. It might be helpful to see a bit more of the surroundings. Not sure what Moggy is lounging on. Nevertheless, good concept

Hi Lee

I'm a sucker for an animal shot & this one is no exception....love it (y)

Cracking moggy shot - 'nuff said!

Hey Lee. You've definitely captured the peacefulness and cuteness well! Love animal portraits, it would be at this precise moment I would have to ruffle her cute face and really pee her off by smothering her with kisses like my poor dog has to endure [emoji23] good job!

too right sleep is bliss nice image but I cant look for too long I'm allergic to cats.

Hi Lee, that's a contented looking cat. It wouldn't be for long though if Mrs pjm1 spotted it and started sneezing :)

Nicely captured (not much of an option for eye contact when asleep!) and well positioned in the frame. Good DOF too... well done for a tricky theme!

I'm not a cat man (we've got two spaniels:p) but this is a lovely portrait of your pet. The DoF has been used well as has the curled pose of the cat.

Hi Lee

Love your patterns, it really messes with my eyes but still I go back for more!
Bliss - just simple and so effective, love the shallow dof
:)

I like this one. Fits the theme very well and is light delightfully.

Hi, good idea for fragile the hammer and the egg work well together
only crit is the WB looks a little blue to me could be my monitor of course

Nice idea and super pic.
Again was my first though but I did a hammer egg picture for strong last year so I passed glad I did really after seeing your shot

Hey Lee.... Good job on fragile! That must've been a nightmare to set up for the timing etc! Really like that you can see tiny bits of shell coming off when you zoom in on it.

Fragile - that's a nice take on the theme, I like it. Clearly thinking outside the box for this image well done.
Thank you for dropping by & taking the time to comment :)

I like this one. Fits the theme very well and is light delightfully.
Thanks. There was an off camera flash on the right of the camera and a reflector above and angled toward the scene.

Hi, good idea for fragile the hammer and the egg work well together
only crit is the WB looks a little blue to me could be my monitor of course
Thank you for your valid comment. I shouldn't process photos when I'm tired. It looks blue on my monitor too. I also left in the flash reflections! I'll edit it and re-post later.

Hi Lee smashing photo for Bliss ...your cat looks well and truly in a blissful sleep.

I thought we might see eggs in Fragile ...well done on choosing such an original composition, very well set up too.
Thank you. It's the only time Tiggy stays still. Almost all the photos I have of her are sleeping.
Mrs Leebert wasn't entirely happy about the potential eggy mess but in the end it wasn't too bad :)

Haha, I had the same idea when the theme came up; hammer and egg, however I opt for something else.

You done very well. Good composition, excellent lighting with the dark background works nicely too.

I like. (y)
Thank you :)

Nice idea and super pic.
Again was my first though but I did a hammer egg picture for strong last year so I passed glad I did really after seeing your shot
Thanks for taking the time to look in and for your kind comments.

Hey Lee.... Good job on fragile! That must've been a nightmare to set up for the timing etc! Really like that you can see tiny bits of shell coming off when you zoom in on it.
Thanks. The timing was tricky to say the least.
Picture the scene...
A hammer on a bit of string hanging from a kitchen cupboard with an egg cup on one of my black tee shirts below. Camera shutter speed was 1 second but, with the lights out and the off camera flash on lowest power, the flash of light froze the action.
Left hand held the hammer;
Right hand pressed camera shutter remote;
Left hand released hammer;
Right hand then triggered the flash (after waiting hopefully the right amount of time).

All done in a pitch dark kitchen.

Hi Lee,
Just on the catch up...
Bliss.... Nice shot tight crop, puts you right on a par with 'Tiggy' love the detail in the fur and whiskers, always makes me laugh how they rest there chin on there paws. Fits the theme just perfect! Well shot.

Fragile... Like your shot here too, I had similar ideas too, seems like eggs have been the centre of attention! Nice crystal clear shot, with the cracks very prominent. Nice work...

Now struggling with Fragile! My first time with TP52 too!:rolleyes:
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Fragile, nice idea, edit works better. It looks a little static, though, is the hammer is still, Slight bit of motion blur would work nicely.

Cheers.

Brilliant shot and thanks for taking the time to explain the process.

Hi Lee,
Image is well composed and lit but I keep thinking I would have liked to see a bit more of the impact on the egg. Maybe a split second later to add a bit more drama to the shot. That would really set the portrayal of fragility off

Edit - after reading your process to get the shot above, I think you did a great job capturing the image you have selected given the circumstances. How many attempts did it take? A few I bet!

Last edited:
Very clever with the fragile photograph, a bit more unusual than the standard cracked egg.
I love the composition too. I wonder if the outline of the claw part of the hammer could have been a bit clearer, it tends to meld into the background for me and plays tricks with my eyes.

Excellent take on the fragile theme Lee, one take or a box of eggs?

Omlette for tea.

Phil

Hi Lee. A beautiful cat and a beautiful image for Bliss, she really does look blissfully unaware of all that's going on around her. A great job with the egg and hammer and a good fit for Fragile. :clap:

Fragile .... woooo ... clever stuff, very effective. (y)

Hi Lee,
Just on the catch up...
Bliss.... Nice shot tight crop, puts you right on a par with 'Tiggy' love the detail in the fur and whiskers, always makes me laugh how they rest there chin on there paws. Fits the theme just perfect! Well shot.

Fragile... Like your shot here too, I had similar ideas too, seems like eggs have been the centre of attention! Nice crystal clear shot, with the cracks very prominent. Nice work...

Now struggling with Fragile! My first time with TP52 too!:rolleyes:
Cheers
Steve
Hi there.
Thank you for your kind comments. Best of luck with your Fragile shot and the rest of your 52 (y)

Fragile, nice idea, edit works better. It looks a little static, though, is the hammer is still, Slight bit of motion blur would work nicely.

Cheers.
Thanks and I agree. I did think of semi lighting the egg and hammer to cause a bit of blur but not until after I'd got the shot above. Alas, I had had enough of hammer swinging by then :D
I guess there might be a way of adding the blur in post processing but I don't really know where to start with that.

Brilliant shot and thanks for taking the time to explain the process.
Thank you for your comment. I felt I had to explain the nature of the photograph considering it appears so static.

Hi Lee,
Image is well composed and lit but I keep thinking I would have liked to see a bit more of the impact on the egg. Maybe a split second later to add a bit more drama to the shot. That would really set the portrayal of fragility off

Edit - after reading your process to get the shot above, I think you did a great job capturing the image you have selected given the circumstances. How many attempts did it take? A few I bet!
A few is an understatement :eek: I lost count on the number of test goes with an empty egg cup whilst I was experimenting with timing and lighting! Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

Very clever with the fragile photograph, a bit more unusual than the standard cracked egg.
I love the composition too. I wonder if the outline of the claw part of the hammer could have been a bit clearer, it tends to meld into the background for me and plays tricks with my eyes.
Thank you for your comment. The off camera flash and reflector were on the egg side of the image which has left the claw a touch dark maybe. I struggled with letting go of the hammer 'square' and I think it has twisted on the string slightly as I hit the flash button leaving the claw slightly OOF which i don't think helps either.

Excellent take on the fragile theme Lee, one take or a box of eggs?

Omlette for tea.

Phil
All manually timed in my head Phil. I did lots of shots with no egg in the egg cup to save mess. When I added the egg, I got the shot on the second egg so I think I got lucky really! The remains got made into scrambled eggs :)
Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

Hi Lee. A beautiful cat and a beautiful image for Bliss, she really does look blissfully unaware of all that's going on around her. A great job with the egg and hammer and a good fit for Fragile. :clap:
Thank you very much. Tiggy did have one eye one me for quite a while before that photo. A large amount of patience was required before I got that photo. Thank you for taking the time to look in and comment.

Fragile .... woooo ... clever stuff, very effective. (y)
Thanks for your comment

Hi
Bliss
Lovely shot of your cat particularly like the highlighted 'eyebrows'?

Hi Lee

Edited shot for Fragile is just about spot on ,although you've frozen the point of impact you've caught a couple of bits of flying shell (y)
the egg cup is listing very slightly to the right which I suspect was due to the impact.....my OCD really wants to straighten it though :rolleyes:

Hiya Lee - that's very clever for Fragile. Apart from a slightly bigger and perhaps brighter lightsource (for me), I can't see anyway way to improve that image - you've captured the moment perfectly and composition is spot on. Brilliant shot! (y)

Hi Lee.
Nice take on fragile. The edit looks loads better. I like what you've done. I was interested to see your method and how many eggs you used, but I see that's been covered.

Hi Lee, great first couple of shots, like the detail and composition on the kitty, and great idea for fragile. I had some egg ideas but think I would have ended up in a mess, lol.

Nice idea and well done for the action shot. The edit does work better in terms of WB for me.
Thank you. Yes, I agree.

Hi
Bliss
Lovely shot of your cat particularly like the highlighted 'eyebrows'?
Thank you for your comment.

Hi Lee

Edited shot for Fragile is just about spot on ,although you've frozen the point of impact you've caught a couple of bits of flying shell (y)
the egg cup is listing very slightly to the right which I suspect was due to the impact.....my OCD really wants to straighten it though :rolleyes:
Thank you. Lol! You have no idea how many times I tried to adjust the angle of the egg cup and egg before I had to admit defeat and leave it alone!

Hiya Lee - that's very clever for Fragile. Apart from a slightly bigger and perhaps brighter lightsource (for me), I can't see anyway way to improve that image - you've captured the moment perfectly and composition is spot on. Brilliant shot! (y)
Thank you. A light box is on the shopping list :)

Hi Lee.
Nice take on fragile. The edit looks loads better. I like what you've done. I was interested to see your method and how many eggs you used, but I see that's been covered.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Hi Lee, great first couple of shots, like the detail and composition on the kitty, and great idea for fragile. I had some egg ideas but think I would have ended up in a mess, lol.
Yep, a mess did happen but the Boss was warned so I lived to tell the tale :D

Back