weekly Martin80 52 for 2013 Movement & Below

Juxtaposition is perfect for the theme, nice to see a different take on it too (rather than the old v new route!) Nice textures too! (y)

Week 10: Letter

8560880133_bb997ecbb9_c.jpg

I like this but would prefer to see the bottom of the letter box. Wonder if a portrait crop would work :thinking:

like it like the DoF but i too would like to see the bottom of the box

Thanks for commenting.

See where your coming from regarding the crop. I ended up opting for this view point so I could get all the railing and the wall in, leading the viewer down the street.

I think the orientation is right, and loving the selective colour. Great Focus and DOF, and lovely bokeh as well.

But it really needs the bottom of the box I'm afraid.

My opinion... (different as always)

I think it's pretty good idea but I think it would have been even better shot from the other end of the railings. (postbox in the distance), however it is the perfect type of shot for selective colour, it looks almost natural, well done on the PP.

Week 11: Electric

Felt very strange composing with pylons and power lines in shot instead of doing everything possible to keep them out.

8571072415_717757f27e_c.jpg

Have to comment on this before I log off. Not the first pylons pic to be posted, but the lovely colours and nice composition make this one stand out. (y)

absoloutely - pylons leading into and out of frame, power station in the distance, all beautifully clear and sharp. Colours fantastic too.... Top job!. (y)

Never thought I would say this but lovely photo of electricity pylons. Well done. lovely colours and composition.

Nice big sky, Leading lines and a what looks like a power station in the distance. It's got the lot (y)

I really like this, Martin. The selective colur effect really works here. The out of focus areas are lovely. And I don't mind missing the bottom of the letterbox. You can't always get all these things in, and maybe it's a bit... mysterious... this way (how big is it really?)?

My last comment related to Letter, though I didn't say so! Martin, the electric shot is an absolute hummer. Well composed, bang on theme, and so atmospheric. And you have the power station hidden there AS WELL AS the pylons! Fantastic, almost literally.

Hello all,
Week 12: Direction

Opposite Directions

8591441391_6a0ca7ab35_c.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Martin! Simple but very effective.

Wondered if light trails would come up for this one - very well executed, and at the right time to keep the blue in the sky too!

Nice lead in from bottom left too... (y)

Nice shot Martin! Nicely composed and the light trails are perfectly laid out in the shot running bottom left into middle. I've only ever tried this shot once and chickened out because the drivers below clearly thought I was setting up a speed trap and started slowing down! :p

Nice job on the shot, one of my favourites from this week I reckon!

Hi, looks like you arrive at the right time. Nice details, colours, trails and on theme. I might have cropped the sigh out on the right.

Cheers.

Juxtaposition...Interesting subject, I don't know if some stronger light giving some defined shadows could have helped a bit.

Letter....I would have liked to see the whole post box in shot for this, other than that nice composition and glad the pavement was clear.

Electric.....Everything works in this shot, the pylons leading you into the shot, the industrial background and the colour of the sky.

Direction....I do like a nice light trail, getting some colour in the sky helps too.

(y)

Week 13: Tacky

8613204731_b3f9688b60_z.jpg

You beat me to it - pretty much that's what I'm going to shoot! Nice detail on the tack points, I like their misshapenness, and interesting depth of field.

Nice shot Martin! Love the shallow DOF and the B&W works well too. Very nice! Good (& different!) take on the theme too!
Only minor crit is there appears to be a bit of a dark spot by the 2nd tack? Easily cloned out though!

very good detail here - love the curly tips you've captured really well. Excellent composition and allignment.

Only thing for me is the last one and a half tacks exiting the frame.... think it works better with them removed. But super focus and DOF. (y)

Direction: Great shot, spot on theme.

Tacky: Again i really like this, the lighting and dof really make this.

Back