weekly Mat's TP52 for 2015 - Week 2 "Fragile" Added

Name
Mat
Edit My Images
Yes
My first time doing this, and short of flying out to NYC and snapping a fresh picture of Central Park, this was the next best thing.

I've had this bar of Hershy's in our snack cupboard since we got back at the end of November. I "daren't" eat it as it'd then feel like the adventure is over :LOL:

Anyway, here's my contribution.

American Bliss by randomlyset, on Flickr

Nothing special, but this is my first effort of shooting anything in pitch black. I used a few torches, and then thought I'd see what the strobe setting was like on my phone - and the above is what happened.

Hello and welcome to the challenge, I do love a Hershey bar they are yummy. The image it's self looks a bit to dark, not so keen on the two tone colours on the writing. Shooting black on to black can be quite a headache, as I have found out my self. None the less it fits the theme for me, can relax now till Friday.

Yeah, probably shouldn't have shot brown on a black background - but as I say, first attempt and all that.

I was going to go with plain white light which just lit up the writing in all it's silver glory, but thought this injected some colour and a little twist.

As Mandy says it's quite dark but I don't mind the colours on the writing, good luck with the rest of the 52.

As others have said, a little dark for me. I do like low key photos but maybe a bit of light from behind to highlight the edges of the bar would separate it from the background maybe? I like the colour in the writing though.

A good start to your 52 Mat, i like your thinking outside the box on lighting the chocolate bar it gives it an almost neon effect.

Good work (y)

It's a start Mat! Bit dark and the colours are not to my personal liking but you are up and running. See you at week 2

I think the dark background gives it a sultry, forbidden pleasure sort of feel, and would only suggest you clone out the irritating (to me :() sides of the wrapper. Interesting to see so many secret and not so secret pleasures this week :cool:

Good luck with your 52 this year has anybody mentioned its a touch dark ;)

Nice one Mat - I like it low key, personally. I also like your lighting - very moody and the colour cast works well. I think if you'd replicated the lighting you have on the sides of the bar at the top & bottom it'd be perfect for me!

I'm afraid I don't share your taste in plastic, sorry, chocolate as I prefer mine to be made in one of two European countries ;) Although having said that, one does have a "U" in it and the other has an "S" in it...

As soon as I saw the theme for this week I immediately thought of ruined building. Something so tough can be so fragile when left to the elements.

So off I went on Sunday, up to Sutton Scarsdale Hall (about 3 miles away from me). Here is the best I could take. Possibly limited imagination

Sutton Scarsdale - Fragile by randomlyset, on Flickr

More pics here:
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/sutton-scarsdale.574895/

I did also take photos of bubbles, eggs and bubbles sitting on eggs. All of which look pants.

Small update on this

I shot week 3 last week, just not had time to edit
I have an idea for week 4, but not shot it yet.

Work and home life a bit hectic at the moment :(

Back