weekly Phil Bennett's 52 for 2015 - Week 24 Spiral added

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
No
Well guys, its my first attempt at something like this and Im looking forward to posting and viewing the submissions, heres to a year of great images.

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil & welcome to the 52's madhouse :wave:

Like it. Were they light painted? I do like the muted colours from light painted subjects. I'd like them closer, then cropped in, but cracking reflections.

Don't forget to add a link in the photos only thread to here, so members can easily move from there to the relevant posts (y) see post 1 here

Cheers.

Really like this shot… got a great 80s feel to it!

Could almost be an album cover!

Mark

Like it. Were they light painted? I do like the muted colours from light painted subjects. I'd like them closer, then cropped in, but cracking reflections.

Don't forget to add a link in the photos only thread to here, so members can easily move from there to the relevant posts (y) see post 1 here

Cheers.

Yes Andy, light painted, f10 - 14secs and I'll try and sort out the link thingy, I tried this morning, but failed as my link button doesn't have the world attached to it, it just has a link. Will persevere though and get it sorted.

Thanks for the comments

Phil

Edited version for me. Love how the reflections are different.

Well this is a cracker Phil! Really like the reflections on the glossy black surface and the light painting works well: especially like the way you haven't lit the two edge cubes completely. Good composition too and overall a very accomplished shot - well done!

Nice idea and agree with the closer crop but still a great start
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Welcome to 2015 52s Phil! Putting aside my hatred of Rubik's cube (never could get the hang of how to do them!) that's a great shot to start with (y) With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

Think the lighting is fan on the bliss image, can't really find anything to crit

Very nice ... six seconds ... and amazing detail when zoomed in.

I have to say it looks a bit contrived ... do musicians really leave their beautiful instruments next to upturned beer bottles, plectrum on top facing the camera?

Whatever ... this is luscious. (y)

Love it. I'm not a good enough guitarist to find playing it blissful. Maybe if we get "Frustration" I'll have a go.

The lighting is awesome and the grain and reflections on the guitar body are lovely. Light painting can give some really nice effects and you've shown real competence here. For me, I'd preferred to have seen the headstock and the blue plectrum is a bit incongruous. Also, is that bottle of Sol on the right a bit drunk? is he leaning to the right?

Love it. I'm not a good enough guitarist to find playing it blissful. Maybe if we get "Frustration" I'll have a go.

The lighting is awesome and the grain and reflections on the guitar body are lovely. Light painting can give some really nice effects and you've shown real competence here. For me, I'd preferred to have seen the headstock and the blue plectrum is a bit incongruous. Also, is that bottle of Sol on the right a bit drunk? is he leaning to the right?

Cheers Ian

The bottle on the right is not drunk, but the other two are ;)

Thanks everyone for taking the time to have a look and comment.

Phil

Great shot for bliss, reminds me of a good night in, my only crit would be that the bottle on the right hand side is a little dark, other than that it works for me.

I like this image too… as others have said though it could look a little more natural for me… and i'd maybe have had it a little brighter just so a little more of the guitar could be seen.

Great image to start off officially with though! … Good Work

Nice it of light painting and I do like the quality of light from said lighting. I did wonder if it was too busy but the bottles add to the chaos of rock stardom.

Cheers.

Back