Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Okay, I own up. This wasn't taken today. But I did get the scans back. ;)

A002978-R1-03-3.jpg

Quite pleased with how this came out, considering it was a simple point and shoot camera. A back alley in Leominster.

What a total rookie error today. Down at a favourite sunset location and after a few shots I decided the best was over. 5 minutes later walking along the street and the sky was ablaze with orange clouds and would have been supeerb if I had stood my ground and not given up so easily. I missed a chance to get so great shots by not waiting those last few minutes before dark.
Consequently this effort was the best I managed but the real photos were there after I left the riverside !!
Sunset 01 25 11 22.jpg

Hi, a vegan Santa Claus at ALDI's. Next year, there may be a Santa Claudia for the woke community fighting the "male dominance" of Christmas ... --- :

View attachment 374584
My wife has been Mother Christmas in our towns little tableau for the past few years....all it achieved was it stopped Father Christmas upsetting the children!:oops: :$;)

Reactions: EJB
I wasn't intending to take photos today, late afternoon walk and it was very overcast and dull, but the bridge camera was in my bag and I haven't tried sport photography before. The little sensor in the camera couldn't cope and the pictures are pretty darn poor, but it's wet my appetite to do more of this soon.
The angle of the pitches mean the low sun would have given this some great light, so I'll be back another weekend at this location.
FB 2 27 11 22.jpg
FB 3 27 11 22.jpg
FB 6 27 11 22.jpg

Birthday girl with a new bracelet (the silver one.) The other one is in Morse code and spells out "You are loved" or something :D

tkfwSAb.jpg

Nice, but no part of the other one visible spells anything like that :)

A bit jealous of you guys.
I've had a forcedmedical hiatus from photography for much of this year (on the mend though,I think).
I took the camera out a couple of times last week and "saw" nothing, zilch, nada.
Hopefully just a phase, or rust.

I wasn't intending to take photos today, late afternoon walk and it was very overcast and dull, but the bridge camera was in my bag and I haven't tried sport photography before. The little sensor in the camera couldn't cope and the pictures are pretty darn poor, but it's wet my appetite to do more of this soon.
The angle of the pitches mean the low sun would have given this some great light, so I'll be back another weekend at this location.
View attachment 374695
View attachment 374696
View attachment 374697
I find football a very tricky subject.

I've had a forcedmedical hiatus from photography for much of this year (on the mend though,I think).
I took the camera out a couple of times last week and "saw" nothing, zilch, nada.

Hi, my best wishes for a speedy recovery! :) Going out and taking pictures may help, I hope .. ---

Yeah happens to us all, just need to go out and persevere --- maybe a project?

I'm not convinced I'm much of a photographer, and don't always feel confident in some of the more formal bits of the forum, but this feels different. A sort of journal, photo-diary, which means I don't need to worry about meeting certain standards - simply record where I've been and put it out there. If I go too long without lifting a camera that spurs me on to get some photos in.

As a result I think the practice may have helped my photo-taking improve as well. A bit of chicken and egg.

Of course, that may not work for you, but it does for me....

Playing around with the flash in the kitchen and wondered if the dog would sit still and she did!

Attachments

• 1381CF66-88C7-45C1-AEA2-EE3BAB37C061.jpeg
    1381CF66-88C7-45C1-AEA2-EE3BAB37C061.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 6
  • C1B4C4B4-2144-44D5-8C90-858C8B994B6B.jpeg
    C1B4C4B4-2144-44D5-8C90-858C8B994B6B.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 6
Back