weekly Ricardodaforce's first ever 52 challenge. 2014, bring it on!

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I meant to create this thread last week, but kept forgetting. I've never done anything like this, but it seems an interesting challenge. I'll update in on Sundays with an image taken the preceding week.
The cameras used will be a Nikon D7000 and a Lumix LX7.

I really look forward to seeing all yours too!

So, without further waffle, here is my image from week one:

And last weeks photo is:

Wait a sec, I've been looking through and people seem to be following a common theme. Maybe I've missed the point of this and should bow out now.

:wave: Ricardodaforce, what makes you think you've missed the point? :confused:

First images definitely looks odd to me, I have no idea what that is in the foreground :thinking:

And that's an excellent image of the sunset and a line of cloud (y)

:wave: Ricardodaforce, what makes you think you've missed the point? :confused:

First images definitely looks odd to me, I have no idea what that is in the foreground :thinking:

And that's an excellent image of the sunset and a line of cloud (y)

Hello. It's a shell :)

Bonjour ;)

You don't have to follow a theme - there's nothing to stop you flying solo. However, most of us are following a theme which is anounced on a Friday evening here

Hi Ricardo.....

love those 1st 2 shots :clap:

you can always do your own thing in the 52's but it's really mega helpful to post your shots in the pic only thread with a link to this thread or you'll get missed....I only stumbled across your thread ( popped in as I know you do some awesome architecture/reflection/night shots ) by accident (y)

Welcome to the 52's Ricardodaforce :)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with each week, really liking your first 3, by far my favorite is the first shot with the shell, really like the colours (y)

So I log these on the spreadsheet correctly, are these for week 0, 1 & 2 (with this weeks to follow this week ??) or are these for weeks 1, 2 & 3 bringing you up to date :D

Hi there....catching up on this one....great sunsets for odd and line, and then a total contrast in the black and white, I really like the mobile phones one...very nice, perfect for the topic :)
Thank you, I dunno how I did that because I am not following the topics, just ensuring that I take at least one photo every week! :)

Welcome to the 52's Ricardodaforce :)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with each week, really liking your first 3, by far my favorite is the first shot with the shell, really like the colours (y)

So I log these on the spreadsheet correctly, are these for week 0, 1 & 2 (with this weeks to follow this week ??) or are these for weeks 1, 2 & 3 bringing you up to date :D
Oooo I don't know. The dates there were taken are:

3rd, 9th, 18th Jan. So how does that fit into the spreadsheet? Did I start week 0?

Thanks for commenting!

Lovely b&w conversion and great composition, shooting from a low angle really helps as we get to see the concentration on the faces of the two people using phone. Well done

Yay! You're using the same camera as me! (D7000)
I think ODD and PLAY are my favourite of them, The Red shell makes it for me in the first one and the last one looks kinda fun in the background and then others playing on their phones. Looking forward to your Close picture.

#1 & 2 are nice tales on the themes, but #3 is something special. It's very well seen and a clever, ironic take on Close: they may be relatively close physically but they're in their own little cyber worlds. It's nice and contrasty, beautifully sharp and well converted to b/w.

Yay! You're using the same camera as me! (D7000)
I think ODD and PLAY are my favourite of them, The Red shell makes it for me in the first one and the last one looks kinda fun in the background and then others playing on their phones. Looking forward to your Close picture.
Hi Simon, yes my main camera is a D7000 but all of the above were taken with my compact camera.
Sorry to disappoint you and @mercurius but I am not following the themes at all, I'm just doing a 52 :)

Here is my week 4 shot. Remember I am not following the theme you all seem to be doing, I am just making sure I take photos every week.

Another excellent Shot (y) you sure your not following the theme, I bet there's a few 'bubbles' in that breaking wave :D

I agree with Phil here... I see loads of bubbles and another wonderful image, love the glisten on the sand that still looks undisturbed (y)

Oooo I don't know. The dates there were taken are:

3rd, 9th, 18th Jan. So how does that fit into the spreadsheet? Did I start week 0?

Thanks for commenting!
Yes I think you did start week '0'... so that's what I'll mark as !!!

Good shot: like the rich colours in the sky and sand. Not so keen on the burn out in the sun and its reflection in the sea.

Hello Ricardo, there are plenty that do a 52 without following the themes that we are. If yours is going to be 52 sunsets I'll be picking your brans for tips as I'm rubbish at them! Love the last shot particularly, how do you keep detail in the shells and colour in the sky? I either get a nice silhouette or a blown sky!

I see the smoke-like appearance in Week 5 but I fail to see Mineral in Week 6 or Sense in Week 7; have I missed something?

Hi there .. love your #4 shot beautiful colours in there (y)(y)

lovely reflections in #5 #6 #7 in#6 i would just like to have seen a little bit space under the pinnacles for me just a bit too close to the bottom of the pocture, other wisw brilliant :clap::clap::clap:

Some nice reflection shots, liking the colours especially of week 5

How was number 5 done? Did you photoshop it, flip the building and add it over the puddle, or was it out of the camera like that?

Back