weekly Stuart Pearson's 52 for 2022 - Week 52 - Showcase (completed )

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 1 - New
Week 2 - Old
Week 3 - Receptacle
Week 4 - Bottle(s)
Week 5 - Snappers Choice
Week 6 - Alley/Alleyway
Week 7 - Heavy
Week 8 - Light
Week 9 - Damp
Week 10 - Seen Through A Window
Week 11 - Technology
Week 12 - Discarded
Week 13 - Flora
Week 14 - Unusual + Reflection Tech
Week 15 - Snappers Choice
Week 16 - Trees
Week 17 - Hole
Week 18 - Sunrise/Sunset
Week 19 - Sports
Week 20 - Parallel
Week 21 - Metal
Week 22 - Treasure
Week 23 - Solid
Week 24 - Beginning with a P
Week 25 - Snappers Choice
Week 26 - One Half
Week 27 - Post
Week 28 - Water
Week 29 - Handles
Week 30 - Dusty
Week 31 - Food
Week 32 - Internal(s)
Week 33 - Square
Week 34 - Small
Week 35 - Snappers Choice
Week 36 - Scapes
Week 37 - Looking Up
Week 38 - Electrical
Week 39 - Song Title
Week 40 - Looking Down
Week 41 - Rustic
Week 42 - Precision
Week 43 - Vehicle
Week 44 - Autumnal
Week 45 - Snappers Choice
Week 46 - Destruction
Week 47 - Ornament
Week 48 - Curves
Week 49 - Construction
Week 50 - Tools
Week 51 - Christmas
Week 52 - Showcase

Last edited:
That’s cool. Going to to have. Lot of fun with that!

Interesting how you got a dark almost vignette around the edge of the ball, I've not done that with mine before.
I'm guessing the ball was in shadow to do that?
I used a torch to light the flowers for this one, tried a few different permutations. Need to think of something more adventurous for its next use.

Week 2 - Old

I'm already running late and we have not long started, time management is definitely not a skill I possess.
A visit to Edinburgh meant I could capture this image while on a walkabout in the city centre.

Statuesque by Stuart Pearson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Week 3 - Receptacle

Reading up on why we use RGB as opposed to RYB was the impetus for creating this image with four identical plastic tumblers with water and food colouring added. Still not convinced on the yellow though.

RGB or RYB by Stuart Pearson, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like your "old" shot Stuart.

I agree, you were definitely having a challenge with the glare off the yellow.

Both lovely shots - the light on the top of the statue make the photo.

I agree with Simon, the lighting on the statue is in just the right spot.

Great idea for receptacle. I'm not sure how you could improve on the yellow other than trying something like custard - preferably with some rhubarb crumble underneath ha ha! The colours work well on the black background.

The lighting is really nicely done. Has the lid been taken off and put on again upside down? I like the black background.
Yes, it is meant to look like a crown with the bottle as it's a pretender to the King of Beers (well that's how it's marketed)

That is a nice product shot Stuart. The lighting is certainly a step up (waaay up) from anything that I've ever done.

Nice image, good subtle lighting and the upside down cap adds an interest to it (although without your explanation i'd have been lost as to why it is like that).

Its a tea light candle shot through a mirrored tube. I was trying to create an image for our camera club theme to interpret "Smoke" but couldn't get the smoke to show in my numerous attempts.

Now I know what it is, makes for an interesting image.
Looks like a dragon's eye to me.....

And I thought it must be a tin of red paint with Haribo round it :D Definitely different!

I think the flash reflections detract from it, but presumably you couldn't get it light enough without flash? An interesting experiment.

And I thought it must be a tin of red paint with Haribo round it :D Definitely different!

I think the flash reflections detract from it, but presumably you couldn't get it light enough without flash? An interesting experiment.
There is no flash, its the reflection of the candle light, but I see your point

Very cool picture, I recognised the candle in the middle but couldn’t quite work out the sides until you mentioned the tube. Nicely done!

Very different, I saw the tea light, but wondered about what was around it.

Pete

Week 6 - Alley/Alleyway

I wasn't feeling confident of getting anything for this, fortunately I managed something. Although it's a quick phone shot taken off the local shopping area. By luck more than anything I have managed to capture something that has a common colour through it. I have edited in Affinity Photo to clone out some unwanted material.

Going Green by Stuart Pearson, on Flickr

Last edited:
That’s a good alley shot. Works well and processed well as I can’t see any obvious cloning.

I like most of it quite a lot, but something odd has happened at the far end of the alley!

Back