weekly Superpippo's 52 in 2013 Weeks 50,51 and 52, Fantasy, Fit and Water added - P&BD and Finished

Clever... Really works as an image too. The colours of the rock against the grey of the... erm... rock really jumps out. Love how you've captured the sparks too.

Hahaaaa Alan that's brilliant... I bet you didn't get any funny looks :D

Nice bright colours, good detail and fun - love it :clap:

Cheers DK

Brilliant. Great idea with the fuse. Love it.

Thanks for the info mate. Just tried a white background with my shape shot. (y)

Thanks - pleased that the b/g worked

Great shot Alan, very original idea and well executed.

Thanks Alison

HI matey

two cracking shots for the least 2 weeks....

Process...very much a product shot...spot on in every way for me , lovely red against perfect white , great lighting the open lid just tops it off to perfection.....excellent shot mister :clap:

Rock...brilliant idea & again , really well exectuted...no crit from me just a big (y)

thanks Lynne

Size: Ahhhhhhh :D

Process, Excellent :clap: - As you said yourself, next time you need a gobo for the can.

Rock is VERY clever, I "wowed" out load at this. Great idea and really well shot & processed. Well done. (y)

Thanks Brian - what's a 'gobo'?

Hi Alan :wave:

I tried posting last week but my stupid Wi-Fi keeps failing and as I posted the reply it dropped out, I wasn’t amused! Anyhow, I’ll try again on the PC for safety!

Below, I love everything about this. The four on the balcony looking down at the boy and his mum on the beach. I like the way the pier leads you in to the shot.

Size, awwwww congratulations Grandad :clap: :clap: :clap: What a cute little thing. I bet he’s changed a lot already? Maybe not the best shot like you say, but it’s a great family snap. It’s perfect for the theme; he’s got the blotchy red skin of being freshly aired to the world and his tiny (but very long) thumb nail poking through. I hope mum and dad are both recovering well from their respective ops.

Process, yup, it could be a product shot, but I would turn the can so you could see all the writing instead of hopped matoes :bonk: Lovely colours though against the nice white background (y)

To the other Alan (ams 99) the background is called an infinity curve, I use an A3 sheet of card from Hobbycraft!

Rock, love it, very colourful and imaginative :clap:

Cheers.

Thanks Marsha - I sympathise with the crashing of technology - how many time have I typed (slowly and awkwardly) comments and then pressed wrong button and lost the lot :bang:

Baby is fine and mom and dad are beginning to realise what has hit them!!

Rock is brilliant, nice idea

Thanks Mark

Clever... Really works as an image too. The colours of the rock against the grey of the... erm... rock really jumps out. Love how you've captured the sparks too.

Cheers Nick - my first attempt with sparky things and has worked out quite well

Baby is fine and mom and dad are beginning to realise what has hit them!!
:LOL:

Pair, great detail in the shoes and I like the composition. The background bothers me slightly as it's not black enough and I can see creases and marks in the paper. I think it either needs to be darker or lighter, if that makes sense?

Great shot for pair Alan. Darker background works better for me too.

Nicely composed pic for pair, the darker BG is better though I have to say i dont see the creases and marks on my monitor it just looks a little light top right(y)

pair - agree with others, great clarity. perhaps the subject holds more interest for others but I don't find it particularly interesting despite me thinking technically its a good photo.

Hi Alan, bang on theme with the shoes (y)
Technically very good, could easily be a product shot :)

I like the tones and lighting in that. Great level of details too, picking up the stray fibres.

Great detail and sharp as anything.

It looks a little bit flat & unrealistic to me, not sure why that is... perhaps if the inside of the shoe was a little darker it would have more depth? not sure.

Would look great in a catalogue!

Great shot for pair Alan. Darker background works better for me too.

Thanks Alison

Nicely composed pic for pair, the darker BG is better though I have to say i dont see the creases and marks on my monitor it just looks a little light top right(y)

I could not see the creases either (altho the card does have a crease!) Marsha has wonderful eyes obviously :D

Yeah, this for me. Pity they aren't red :D

Thanks Andy - we ain't got no red ones. :) Overwhelmingly, ballroom court shoes are 'flesh' coloured as that is the colour that makes the lady's feet look the neatest when wearing a long dress or skirt. Dark or primary colours can make the feet look heavy, not the effect that is trying to be achieved :eek:

pair - agree with others, great clarity. perhaps the subject holds more interest for others but I don't find it particularly interesting despite me thinking technically its a good photo.

Thanks Chris - I appreciate your comments on the technical qualities of the shot.

Hi Alan, bang on theme with the shoes (y)
Technically very good, could easily be a product shot :)

Cheers Iain

I like the tones and lighting in that. Great level of details too, picking up the stray fibres.

Thanks Nick - good to note that you see the fibres as the shoes are made from a satin material

Bang on theme, nice lighting and composition

Thanks Mark

Edit is certainly the one mate, excellent exposure, lighting and detail (y)

You're a gent DK

Great detail and sharp as anything.

It looks a little bit flat & unrealistic to me, not sure why that is... perhaps if the inside of the shoe was a little darker it would have more depth? not sure.

Would look great in a catalogue!

Thanks Brian - note what you say. I was trying to get that 'perfect' look , as the shoes easily get battered with only a small amount of wear. I also wanted to get close and elongate the point of the shoe. I tried to highlight the buckle with a small LED and the rear heel with a torch light - perhaps these have contributed to the 'unrealistic' look :thinking:

Hi Alan

I really like that, The black border, frosted glass (is it?), backwards 5 and the clouds in the 5 excellent :clap::clap:
you could crop more of the black border :thinking: but not really sure it needs it.
Excellent (y)

Hi Alan

I really like that, The black border, frosted glass (is it?), backwards 5 and the clouds in the 5 excellent :clap::clap:
you could crop more of the black border :thinking: but not really sure it needs it.
Excellent (y)

Thanks Allan. It is the fanlight above the door to our house which I see coming downstairs and it changes so much with the weather and the time of day that I find it fascinating.

The border has been a big issue with me. I must have tried about a dozen crops before I decided on this one - even then I wasn't sure but had to post before it became an obsession :puke:

FWIW, I preferred the first of the shoe edits, the second lost any hint of shadow under the shoes for me.

Liking the fanlight, think the large expanse of black works fine, without it the shot might have been a bit more abtract, but I like it as is. The blur of the frosted glass emphasises the sharpness of the number. (y)

I guess we all like marmite Allan, another (y) for shape from me :D

All the elements of the image really make it for me.
The sky showing through the '5', to the jet black border make it quite impactive.
A simple everyday subject but one which makes for a very effective photograph.
No crit to add Allan, perfect (y)

I don't like marmite, but i like this.

Minimal works for me as does the uber blackness.

Wonder what a tad more blue in the sky would like.

Cheers.

Can't fault that, just simple and effective. The huge black areas force you into the middle... Nice!

Hi ya :wave: finally getting round to commenting , sorry for taking so long to visit :crying:

Pair....edit is spot on , perfect product shot mister :clap:

Shape...can't add to what's already been said , fab idea, really well executed...simple but sooooo effective :clap:

Fab work on both shots mister..(y)

Do you know, I do like shape - very clean, well done.

FWIW, I preferred the first of the shoe edits, the second lost any hint of shadow under the shoes for me.

Liking the fanlight, think the large expanse of black works fine, without it the shot might have been a bit more abtract, but I like it as is. The blur of the frosted glass emphasises the sharpness of the number. (y)

Thanks Graham

Hi Alan, I think the edit of pair is much better (y)

Shape, I spent ages trying to figure out what that was! I can't say I'm any the wiser :bonk: but I like it. The different shades in the part surrounding the five really work for me (y)

Thanks Marsha. It is the Fanlight above door

I guess we all like marmite Allan, another (y) for shape from me :D

All the elements of the image really make it for me.
The sky showing through the '5', to the jet black border make it quite impactive.
A simple everyday subject but one which makes for a very effective photograph.
No crit to add Allan, perfect (y)

Cheers Iain

I don't like marmite, but i like this.

Minimal works for me as does the uber blackness.

Wonder what a tad more blue in the sky would like.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy. I did try to saturate the blue more but this interfered with the surrounds making them a bit grey

Can't fault that, just simple and effective. The huge black areas force you into the middle... Nice!

Cheers Nick

Shape: The more I look, the more I like it. Great idea, and very well done. (y)

Thanks Brian

Hi ya :wave: finally getting round to commenting , sorry for taking so long to visit :crying:

Pair....edit is spot on , perfect product shot mister :clap:

Shape...can't add to what's already been said , fab idea, really well executed...simple but sooooo effective :clap:

Fab work on both shots mister..(y)

Thanks for the enthusiastic comments Lynne. Looks like the Shape shot was not as divisive as I thought that it would be.

Do you know, I do like shape - very clean, well done.

Shape, very good minimalistic image. Nice clean lines as well, great.

Thanks John and Mark

Week 29 - Speed

#1 One of my first efforts of Speed of an object

Speed 1 - DSC_4413 by Superpippo0547, on Flickr

#2 Then I decided to try this panning lark that everyone is on - ruddy hard. Here is the best of the bunch with which I am quite pleased but very hard to get focus overall or in the right place. Something on which to try to improve methinks. :thinking:

But I do think that it illustrates the theme and is a fun summer shot

Speed 2 - DSC_4429 by Superpippo0547, on Flickr

Last edited:
Plenty - Plenty clever!

That's a really nice take on it, well composed and nice detail.

You did well to get a panning result like that from a rollercoaster, I like that a lot, but the non-panning shot has it for me I reckon... a serious sense of speed there!

Plenty - Plenty clever!

That's a really nice take on it, well composed and nice detail.

You did well to get a panning result like that from a rollercoaster, I like that a lot, but the non-panning shot has it for me I reckon... a serious sense of speed there!

Thanks Nick. That roller coaster sure does move and I had many failures on the SD card :D

Hey Alan :)

Plenty - I like how you have set that up, the blue table works well along with the brick background, rolls and fish are well lit and nice and sharp - nice one (y)

Speed - Liking both of them, the panning shot although nicely caught does not have the impact of the first to me, love the composition with the curve of the track, a real good sense of speed mate - great image :clap:

Hey Alan :)

Plenty - I like how you have set that up, the blue table works well along with the brick background, rolls and fish are well lit and nice and sharp - nice one (y)

Speed - Liking both of them, the panning shot although nicely caught does not have the impact of the first to me, love the composition with the curve of the track, a real good sense of speed mate - great image :clap:

Thanks DK.

They are loaves not rolls :bang: all this artistry wasted :D

I really like Speed#1 too and it was the type of shot that I envisaged and hoped that I would get as I left home to go to the Pleasure Beach - but a bit of me still wishes that I could nail #2.:)

Back