weekly Superpippo's 52 in 2014 Week 52 - Support added and FINISHED

Positive - A good sharp image, I like the composition. How ever i am struggling to see positive.

Hi Mandy - it's just the 'positive' message to let the congregation and others know that they are open for business despite the damage to the roof . I also thought that it was positive that it is a church yet was using modern phrasing (e.g. when shops are open for business as usual when road works etc take place)

Last edited:
Hi Alan, on theme for me, have to laugh at the churches attempt to get with the people and getting it ever so slightly wrong, it looks very tacky.
you could crop a little off the right hand side for me just enough to include the doors (y)

Hi Alan

OMG...that pudding looks to die for...& full of my favorite ingredients.......don't suppose you have any left ;)

I quite like the crop....fab detail in the choco sauce & meringue & well lit (y) The small cup n saucer n the bg bugs me though..... would have helped my OCD if it had the same pattern on as the main bowl ?

ooopppsss...forgot Positive.....,sharp , on theme if a little bizzare ( the sign not the photo)

Last edited:
Ending - very fitting. Hope you enjoyed eating after it after the shot!

Positive- see what you've done now you've explained, but not sure it stands up on its own

Hey Alan :)

Positive - Well that certainly is a different link... and for me that works well, a very positive message in the face of adversity...Lovely detail in the stonework, I like the 'Splash' of red from the sign, it seems to link in nicely with the rich timbers of the bookcase, agree that it could do with a tiny bit off the rh side, even to just take the shadow of the buttress away - other than that - Like it (y)

Nowt wrong with a bit of narrative to illustrate your thinikng behind the link to theme... (y)

Nice shot, like the wall to give a bit of depth and lovely colours and detail in the stonework, picked out by some lovely sunshine. :)

Interesting take, If you hadn't explained I'd have said the sign was photoshopped on as it looks so out of place.... I agree that it needs a RH crop either to remove the dark area or right up to the door. There's some nice colours in the stone work that you've captured well. (y)

Ending - Great food shot and not as bothered about the crop on this one. Maybe toning down the teacup in the background would mean less of a distraction though.

Positive - I recognise the church. I really like the light inside the right hand door that is falling on the hymn books and wall above.

Like it. Made me chuckle at the advertising :)

I thigh hat there was some PP and the sign had been added I post, but I suspect not. I also tight here was some dodgy cloning with the window to the RH side of the door.

Cheers.

Hi Alan, on theme for me, have to laugh at the churches attempt to get with the people and getting it ever so slightly wrong, it looks very tacky.
you could crop a little off the right hand side for me just enough to include the doors (y)

Thanks Allan - edit below

Hi Alan

OMG...that pudding looks to die for...& full of my favorite ingredients.......don't suppose you have any left ;)

I quite like the crop....fab detail in the choco sauce & meringue & well lit (y) The small cup n saucer n the bg bugs me though..... would have helped my OCD if it had the same pattern on as the main bowl ?

ooopppsss...forgot Positive.....,sharp , on theme if a little bizzare ( the sign not the photo)

Sorry Lynne, puddings don't last long in this house :)

Hey Alan :)

Positive - Well that certainly is a different link... and for me that works well, a very positive message in the face of adversity...Lovely detail in the stonework, I like the 'Splash' of red from the sign, it seems to link in nicely with the rich timbers of the bookcase, agree that it could do with a tiny bit off the rh side, even to just take the shadow of the buttress away - other than that - Like it (y)

Cheers DK - edit below

Nowt wrong with a bit of narrative to illustrate your thinikng behind the link to theme... (y)

Nice shot, like the wall to give a bit of depth and lovely colours and detail in the stonework, picked out by some lovely sunshine. :)

Thanks Graham

Interesting take, If you hadn't explained I'd have said the sign was photoshopped on as it looks so out of place.... I agree that it needs a RH crop either to remove the dark area or right up to the door. There's some nice colours in the stone work that you've captured well. (y)

No photoshopping at all. Edit below. Thanks for commenting

Ending - Great food shot and not as bothered about the crop on this one. Maybe toning down the teacup in the background would mean less of a distraction though.

Positive - I recognise the church. I really like the light inside the right hand door that is falling on the hymn books and wall above.

Thanks Peter. point taken re cup.
Yes, church is on main road through Ansdell. I particularly liked the light thro the doorway - went to Church 3 times in different light to get what I thought was an interesting shot.

Like it. Made me chuckle at the advertising :)

I thigh hat there was some PP and the sign had been added I post, but I suspect not. I also tight here was some dodgy cloning with the window to the RH side of the door.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy - no photoshopping or cloning involved - SOOC apart from crop, exposure adjustments and sharpening. I think that the weirdness of the windows is due to them being very large pieces of glass, under stress and exhibiting that in the reflections.

Ooooh I likey...... base shot is very well lit and processed, bright white but retaining the subtle texture, watch and strap looking very shiny, and a super bit of magic added to the middle. Faultless.

I like it a lot. :D

Ooooh I likey...... base shot is very well lit and processed, bright white but retaining the subtle texture, watch and strap looking very shiny, and a super bit of magic added to the middle. Faultless.

I like it a lot. :D

Thanks Graham. After 2+ years At these Challenges, I have finally done a bit of photoshoppery and, simple as it is, I am pleased enough with it.

Hi Alan,
Good work on both positive and time (y)
Positive is a great piece of observational photography IYSWIM, the backstory works with the theme, its not a literal take and I feel it captures the viewers interest.

Time, although a literal take on the theme, it does have that little photoshoppery twist ;)
A 'clean' image with some good detail in the strap and the crop works well with the subject. Good work Mister (as Lynne would say) :D

Hi Alan, nice clean image as always, and get you with your photoshop skills ;)

Ending - probably been said, but I think spoilt by the cropping of the bowl and the spoon, not sure the cup adds anything. Lighting and focus spot on (y)
Positive - different take on the theme, nice idea.

Time is a really cleaver idea, well lit too as others have said, but the image on the face of the watch seems a bit jagged around the edges to me due to the inner bezel (I realize it isn't from looking at the really large version) and I think it would have been even better if you could have kept the hands of the watch on it too :)

Last edited:
That's a great idea Alan, good thinking, well executed, good photoshoppery, (y)

Back