weekly susiejb 52 /2014 Support

Hi it's amazing what camera phones can do these days. Lovely vibrant greens and a decent amount of detail I'm not keen on the central position. I bet he was full after eating for 40 minutes :)

Cheers.

Hi it's amazing what camera phones can do these days. Lovely vibrant greens and a decent amount of detail I'm not keen on the central position. I bet he was full after eating for 40 minutes :)

Cheers.

Thanks for looking Andy, :) he wasn't eating for 40 minutes ...he would be likely to explode :eek: he was plucking tiny downy threads from the back of the leaf and weaving a cocoon....only his little head was peeping out in the end....fascinating to watch him working away so hard. I didn't have much choice on the central position, I was very close in with the lens and it was hard to get him in focus...it's not so maneuverable as a camera.

I did also do this one for YUM ... it's not a great shot, but I may as well add it to my thread as it's very appropriate, it's one of our Koi carp eating cornflakes for breakfast :)

14339854300_a44ec5eac2_z.jpg

I really like the yum shot. Loving the richness of the green and it's stunning what mobiles can capture these days. Agree with all the positive comments above. Great find.

Hey Susie :)

Vertical - Now then, what you trying to do to my brain, at that angle I can't see a single vertical :bat: - as an image it's great, beautifully lit and cracking detail (y)

Crit wise I would want to clone out the 2 candles in the bottom RH side and drop the highlights on the window LH :)

The Lupin is nicely lit, the DoF is just about there too, the out of focus background is very pleasing, theme wise Much Better too for me :)

Yum - Now this is lovely, nice bright colours, quite good detail too, liking the way you have done this, for a phone/gadget not bad at all (y)

Dream - I wouldn't normally be keen on novelty frames but in this case it really works with the processing of the subject. Keep an eye on the horizons though.

Vertical - I definitely like the Exeter Cathedral image. This is a super shot. You've dealt with the difficult exposure very well indeed. Throwing it onto an angle makes it a strong image as well.

Yum - I like your thinking for the theme. A super shot considering it was taken with a phone

Vertical - I really like the cathedral, nice detail everywhere.

Thanks for taking the time to look Mark......much appreciated.

Both submissions are excellent for the theme... Its how you interpret it that counts IMO

Thanks for taking the time to look Colin ... amazing how we all see the theme so differently.

I really like the yum shot. Loving the richness of the green and it's stunning what mobiles can capture these days. Agree with all the positive comments above. Great find.

Thanks Simon :) I'm glad you like it, I must admit considering how tiny the caterpillar was the phone did amazingly well.

Hey Susie :)

Vertical - Now then, what you trying to do to my brain, at that angle I can't see a single vertical :bat: - as an image it's great, beautifully lit and cracking detail (y)

Crit wise I would want to clone out the 2 candles in the bottom RH side and drop the highlights on the window LH :)

The Lupin is nicely lit, the DoF is just about there too, the out of focus background is very pleasing, theme wise Much Better too for me :)

Yum - Now this is lovely, nice bright colours, quite good detail too, liking the way you have done this, for a phone/gadget not bad at all (y)

HI DK .....just stand on your head to view the vertical shot :) yes I did do the candles ....did you miss it ! Much appreciate you popping by.

Hi Susie
Yum - that caterpillar shot is super. It kind of explodes out from the centre IYSWIM. Good detail and colours and a good idea for the topic.(y)
The Koi shot does not have the same clarity or punch IMO. Overall a bit murky

Hi Alan ...thanks for looking ......yes the koi shot is a bit weak isn't it, the fact we were having trouble with the water at the time didn't help, it was very murky. Glad you like the caterpillar :) I was pleased with that one.

Dream - I wouldn't normally be keen on novelty frames but in this case it really works with the processing of the subject. Keep an eye on the horizons though.

Vertical - I definitely like the Exeter Cathedral image. This is a super shot. You've dealt with the difficult exposure very well indeed. Throwing it onto an angle makes it a strong image as well.

Yum - I like your thinking for the theme. A super shot considering it was taken with a phone

Thanks for looking in Peter .... I much appreciate the encouragement :)

Hi Susie, you have caught the fish really well, but another vote for the caterpillar here

I took this one last weekend ...my two grandsons were thrilled to be able to shout as loud as they could :)
I just spent ages cloning out a lot of the background but we are away from home and I am using my phones hotspot .......it crashed as I had almost finished :( and I hadn't got the heart to start again, so this will have to do for this week.

LOUD and trust me they can be very loud indeed.

14649202663_6c11b48249_b.jpg

Hi, Susie, this is what it's all about, emotions!

I like this, especially your grandsons on the right, the redness of his face really emphasises that he's screaming loudly.

Crit, well, I can empathise with the crashing thingy, as I've been there Ggrrrrr.

Pity you couldn't have got outside for a cleaner BG.

Great fun anyway (y)

Chests.

Hi, Susie, this is what it's all about, emotions!

I like this, especially your grandsons on the right, the redness of his face really emphasises that he's screaming loudly.

Crit, well, I can empathise with the crashing thingy, as I've been there Ggrrrrr.

Pity you couldn't have got outside for a cleaner BG.

Great fun anyway (y)

Chests.

Thanks Andy :) that was quick. I did try to do some more the against a plainer background, but the moment I asked them to scream they either wouldn't stand still, or face the right way :banghead: so I gave up in the end. I thought I may find something more suitable but have had such a a busy week I just haven't had time.....and I do believe ifIdon'tposteveryweekontimetheworldwillend :D

Last edited:
Hi Susie, its a good pic you have captured a moment, pity about the BG, but unavoidable as you say
a tighter crop might work also, some off the right :thinking:
and you are right "theworldwillend" :eek:

Yum - I really like the way you've caught the eaten away bit as well as the caterpillar, nice mixture of greens :)

Load - I bet they are, as mentioned the redness of the face really show he's going for it ;)

Loud: Now this is an everyday scene in our house, the two eldest screaming and playing out loud not stop. Like the interaction between the two and the 'popping' neck vein of the cheeky chap on the right.

Loud: Now this is an everyday scene in our house, the two eldest screaming and playing out loud not stop. Like the interaction between the two and the 'popping' neck vein of the cheeky chap on the right.

Hi Jason, I don't think they could believe I was actually asking them to be really noisy :) They are two very live wires, there aren't many quiet moments when they're around !

Hi susie just seen your 2nd yum ... that's quite incredible. :clap:

Loud is good .. looking forward to the shopped version. ;)

HI Susi,

Love the smiles on their faces they really enjoying them selves wont mention the back round :coat:

Thanks Craig...yes, they loved it......maybe I should live in a house with no furniture o_O

Hi susie just seen your 2nd yum ... that's quite incredible. :clap:

Loud is good .. looking forward to the shopped version. ;)

Ta d00d....the pond is crystal clear now so it's a bit annoying but I was pleased to get catch him in the act of eating....lol no more on that loud pic ....I just spent ages on this weeks rich ...

Good capture - facial expressions work well. As others have said, it's a real shame about the background. I guess asking them to repeat outside wouldn't have worked (knowing my two, anyway!)

Thanks Paul...I did try it again but excitement took over, they ran around like maniacs :eek:

Yum - good take for the theme, like the koi carp a lot beautiful fish.

Loud - lovely shot, good composition and I love the way the emotions are coming through from the boy on the rhs of the image.

Thanks Mandy...those Koi started off so tiny ....now they are monsters. Yes, the boys loved doing that one.

I 've found the last two weeks difficult...lots of ideas but couldn't quite work out how to pull them together. My first thought for rich was something with gravestones, but Allan did such a great one with the Oscar Wilde quote I gave up on that. I finally settled on this idea...it took ages getting all the faces in, but it's all good practice, I converted it all to black and white to do the cloning, then brought the blue back in for the £20 notes. These are my grandchildren....the one on the left only ever does crazy selfies or half a face....but I felt I couldn't leave her out :)

RICH

14677288335_3a8ab0dc9a_o.jpg

Cracking sentiments, Susie.

You've done a decent job here and as you say it's all good practice.

Main isssue for me, is it's very blue...unless you were being creative ;)

Cheers.

Hi Susie, really like the idea and you have done a good job on it too, a nice take on the theme. (y)
a little blue as Andy said but that is a very small crit.

that middle grandchild looks vaguely familiar :thinking:

Hi Susie

Your Koi shot for Yum is great...nice n sharp where it needs to be...and it's different so top marks from me (y)

LOud.....lord above....can almost hear them ! All has been said re the BG , like the redness of the young lads face

Rich....bit of a different take on the theme but it works.....maybe a tad too blue though ?

Cracking sentiments, Susie.

You've done a decent job here and as you say it's all good practice.

Main isssue for me, is it's very blue...unless you were being creative ;)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy...yes, a topic like that certainly makes you think doesn't it, it does look very blue.....I have just looked and £20 notes are purple not blue....shows how much I use real money !! I have done a more purple edit ...hope that looks more realistic.

Hi Susie, really like the idea and you have done a good job on it too, a nice take on the theme. (y)
a little blue as Andy said but that is a very small crit.

that middle grandchild looks vaguely familiar :thinking:

Thanks Allan...:) my first idea was to have the five faces...but as mentioned very difficult to find the youngest grandaughter in anything resembling a sensible pose, also...I decided I quite liked Her Maj in the middle so I left her there :)

Hi Susie

Your Koi shot for Yum is great...nice n sharp where it needs to be...and it's different so top marks from me (y)

LOud.....lord above....can almost hear them ! All has been said re the BG , like the redness of the young lads face

Rich....bit of a different take on the theme but it works.....maybe a tad too blue though ?

Thanks for looking Lynne....hopefully the edit looks a more realistic colour o_O

Great idea Susie for the theme and really well edited. You must have a good deal of patience to have done that!
Agreed about the level of blueness. I think I prefer the edit with purple just because it seems truer to the colour of a 20.

Hi Susie
Loud and Rich - others have given detailed comment so I will just say that i think that both of the ideas are top notch - very creative(y)

Thanks for looking Alan :)

OOooo I prefer it with the black background Susie, and you are dead right with your thoughts, and certainly a creative idea :)

Hi DK....thanks for hopping in....I think I like a bit of both pics :confused: ...I must admit I do like black backgrounds.

Great idea Susie for the theme and really well edited. You must have a good deal of patience to have done that!
Agreed about the level of blueness. I think I prefer the edit with purple just because it seems truer to the colour of a 20.

Hi Simon...thanks for looking, glad you like it :) I really wanted to be a bit more creative this week, and I quite enjoyed doing this one.

Back