weekly susiejb 52 /2014 Support

Original idea and nice sentiment. :clap:

Interesting the way you've put it together with different £20 notes folded and showing the numbers like that.

I suppose ideally you should get each of them to wear a crown and copy the queen's pose. :exit:

Brilliant idea, and really very well executed too. I think they actually work plenty well just in a simple B&W, not sure the colour adds much to it.

The only suggestion I would have would be regards the hard line under the lad on the left, and the young lady on the right, feel this would be better with a more feathered selection, although I agree the hard edge is needed round the hair etc. Good show, and a fair bit of work (not counting the learning you've had to do as well) :clap:

Hi Susie - its an excellent idea and take on the theme I would not know where to start so cant crit but good work :)

Thanks for looking Craig.....I wanted to do something that pushed myself a bit this week....still a lot to learn :)

Original idea and nice sentiment. :clap:

Interesting the way you've put it together with different £20 notes folded and showing the numbers like that.

I suppose ideally you should get each of them to wear a crown and copy the queen's pose. :exit:

Thanks for hopping in d00d....I did have one of Archie (the youngest) in a paper hat ...I almost put it in :)

Brilliant idea, and really very well executed too. I think they actually work plenty well just in a simple B&W, not sure the colour adds much to it.

The only suggestion I would have would be regards the hard line under the lad on the left, and the young lady on the right, feel this would be better with a more feathered selection, although I agree the hard edge is needed round the hair etc. Good show, and a fair bit of work (not counting the learning you've had to do as well) :clap:

Thanks Graham for the encouragement .... much appreciated ....I agree I need to find a way of making the edges a bit softer.

I had a couple of ideas for skill....ideas are good o_O but being able to actually get them to work out is another thing :)

In the end being a nature lover I decided on this one.

Nature....A Skilful Artist.

14548937779_ce85ceae02_b.jpg

Nie bit of macro photography there Susie... pushing it a bit with skill although you could say that macro photography is a skill in itself...(y)

Hi Colin ...thanks for looking....much appreciated. What I was trying to do was to show off the beauty of nature, and show nature as the most skilful of artists ....but not sure if I have done that o_O I know what I mean .... but probably no one else will :confused:

I sort of get your link to the theme, so it's close enough. ;)

A very likable shot due to the detail in the centre. Love the sparkle there too.

Nice depth from the oof lower leaves, which also help to brighten it up as well. And the deep black around the centre really helps to make that middle bit pop.

HI Susie

Skill....yeah , kind a works for me as well ,macro itself is a skill :) love the detail in the centre - is it water in there ?Really rich tones are good ,the focus looks perfect& I like the frame (y) For me , I'd like a little less of the oof petals & a little more light on the other petals, not a lot , just a smidge .

I sort of get your link to the theme, so it's close enough. ;)

A very likable shot due to the detail in the centre. Love the sparkle there too.

Nice depth from the oof lower leaves, which also help to brighten it up as well. And the deep black around the centre really helps to make that middle bit pop.

HI Susie

Skill....yeah , kind a works for me as well ,macro itself is a skill :) love the detail in the centre - is it water in there ?Really rich tones are good ,the focus looks perfect& I like the frame (y) For me , I'd like a little less of the oof petals & a little more light on the other petals, not a lot , just a smidge .

Thanks for looking Graham and Lynne and for the comments :) Yes it's water in the centre, we had a heavy shower of rain just as I was about to do the shot so there was a little pool of water in the middle.

Last edited:
I love this Susie beautifully done and the border really sets it off, the link to skill is perhaps a bit tenuous but who am I to talk with my first 52 "Rich". ;)

Hi Susie, i like it just as a photo don't really care if it fits a theme though I feel it does
its a really nice capture

I love this Susie beautifully done and the border really sets it off, the link to skill is perhaps a bit tenuous but who am I to talk with my first 52 "Rich". ;)

Thanks Carol...maybe the link is a bit fragile ...but nature is a skilful creator :)

Hi Susie, i like it just as a photo don't really care if it fits a theme though I feel it does
its a really nice capture

Thanks for looking in Allan ... much appreciated, I must admit I do really like it.

Last edited:
Susie!

Rich - nice (really nice) idea. Not sure the colour cast works as well, but it's a well taken series of headshots and some good skill to pull them all together. Well done!
Skill - slightly tenuous, but it's an absolutely superb macro shot. Seriously wonderful and the colours, focus and detail are amazing. Wow!

quite incredible ... colour & richness. (y)

Hey Susie :)

Now that is a very interesting shot, love the detail and the deep rich colours are wonderful, I also like the portrait crop, thinking square would work well too, as for theme wise.... a bit of a squeeze but works for me (y)
Susie!

Rich - nice (really nice) idea. Not sure the colour cast works as well, but it's a well taken series of headshots and some good skill to pull them all together. Well done!
Skill - slightly tenuous, but it's an absolutely superb macro shot. Seriously wonderful and the colours, focus and detail are amazing. Wow!

Thank you d00d, DK, and Paul...your comments are so encouraging and really very much appreciated :ty:

Hi Susie, yep, its a lovely shot. I certainly get your link to the theme, sat on the river bank as I do, I have loads of time to take in nature and very skill full it can be too:)

The detail is excellent, love the colours and the shallow dof works really well (y)

Gorgeous shot Susie! It almost has a volcanic feel to it with the slightly oof petals resembling flames shooting up! No shoehorn necessary for me - I definitely agree that nature is highly skilful (y)

HI Susie - I'm thinking small crowbar :)

Its a nice macro shot lovely detail and colours

Hi Susie, yep, its a lovely shot. I certainly get your link to the theme, sat on the river bank as I do, I have loads of time to take in nature and very skill full it can be too:)

The detail is excellent, love the colours and the shallow dof works really well (y)

Gorgeous shot Susie! It almost has a volcanic feel to it with the slightly oof petals resembling flames shooting up! No shoehorn necessary for me - I definitely agree that nature is highly skilful (y)

Thank you very much for looking and taking the time to comment ... very much appreciated :)

Hi Susie,
sorry i appear to have missed one or two of yours so a bit of a catchup
Yum... brilliant , well caught a very different take on the theme:clap:
Loud... Your Grandsons are doing a great job there, the effort shows in their faces(y)
Rich... lovely sentiment, very true too I like the 1st on e the best:clap:
I like your macro image for its self but i feel its a bit of a crowbar one :)
I love #2 great dof and composition :clap:

Last edited:
Hi Susie, I've needed the crow bar once or twice miself so I'm with you, half open will do for me :D

There's some good detail (y), I did wonder if a little more dof was possible, but I can't see the exif so don't know what your aperture was set at but it certainly created some good bokeh as mentioned by Paul, to isolate the bud from the bg :)

Hi Susie i like the half image a little more DoF maybe but that may have ruined the bokeh,
sometimes its best just to post something you think might fit as long as you have a good explanation

Lovely shot with great detail and colour it works for me regards the theme. Well done.

Lovely image susie. But I think they're right, a little more DoF might improve it ... just to get the whole plant in focus, leaving the BG out ...

Thanks all for the comments....as always I much appreciate that you took the time to look :) I agree on the DOF I just missed it by a snippet I think...this was just one of loads of random shots I took that day....had I known I would be posting on here I would have taken a little more time with it......and probably taken about 100 shots as usually do :D

Hi Susie. I had the very same idea, but couldn't find a decent web, the bright yellow bits distract a little but love the water droplets nice focus on them
great idea for the theme :clap:

Architecture - imaginative take on the theme. Well captured and I like the short DoF so that the web is clearly the subject of the photo.

Love this Susie, I was also thinking of doing something like this, but like Allan, couldn't find a web or a decent web. Droplets work well. Background doesn't distract for me.

Lovely shot Susie, good detail in the dew/rain drops? Nice bokeh (y), possibly clone out that bit of blue on the left :thinking::)

Lovely take on the theme, great detail in the web with the dew/rain droplets, yellow in BG is a bit distracting but hay you have to go with what you've got sometimes.

Susie... fantastic take on the theme backed up with a brilliantly executed shot. Super!

Exposure - good (could lighten if you wanted?)
Focus - absolutely perfect and DOF choice spot on
Composition - great... I like the fact it's taken in a garden and it's obvious it's a garden. Super.

You're a jolly good photographer!

Back