Takes on a Car (March challenge)

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
So it finally dawned on me that another whole month has slipped by, better start the Christmas shopping :eek:

First out of the bag this month was "a car" so post your car photos here. I think this might be reasonably popular

Usual rules, i.e. there aren't any. You can post as many as you want and make constructive comments about what others post. ENJOY. Check out other "Takes on ..." threads in ideas and inspiration.

Takes on A Toy (January Challenge)
Takes on a Mammal (November challenge)
Takes on a Candle (December challenge)

There is a discussion thread >>>here<<< for chat and questions etc.

It might have lost a little in the translation but a great start to the thread, love the crop

Come on you gentlemen, just up your street. They are some cracking cars about, yesterday I followed a Subaru Outback and suddenly in my day dream of owning one I went the wrong way and had to turn around. Very smart.

Ok Shirley. I hear you.

Taken at a hill climb rally.

i-vh9Ngq9-X2.jpg

Just for a bit of fun really, my "new" toy, I wonder how many minutes it'll be before its identified.

car3.jpg

Thanks Cobra, you used to participate ?
A long time ago, now, for about 4 years around the the mid 70's.

A couple of anecdotes, we thrashed Sterling Moss a few times, he was great fun, but not very good at car trials :D
He used to use his DB ( 4 I think it was) as a tow car, funny how things like that stick in your mind.

We as a club, that is the 750 MC, did an exhibition trial, for "drive in" which IIRC was the fore runner to top gear.

looks great fun not that I have ever participated :(
Its a young man's game TBH, you do get bumps and bruises, especially when the car flips up, nose first and rolls on you.
(Thankfully it only happened once!)
I can't see from that image, do they still have the spare wheel fixed to the back?
That sort of acts as a basic roll bar at least.

@badlywornroy
I knew there was one kicking about somewhere, as you can see its dry, it was the exhibition trial I mentioned.
Its no fun with no mud :D

CT.jpg

Some great car shots here loving them all photographing cars is a bit of a thing for me, I don't know much about cars mechanically, I just love the aesthetics of them and the things that people do to better their cars. Anyway enough of my waffle here's one I shot not so long ago and I think it's one of my favourite shots to date.
IMG_1488906035.081534.jpg

Some great car shots here loving them all photographing cars is a bit of a thing for me, I don't know much about cars mechanically, I just love the aesthetics of them and the things that people do to better their cars. Anyway enough of my waffle here's one I shot not so long ago and I think it's one of my favourite shots to date.
View attachment 97330

Not surprised it's a favourite!

Chrysler Misfire. ;)
Nope just loads of power to the rear wheels, I'd forgotten just how much fun rwd cars are in the wet. :D

Lots of classics to be seen on the streets of Hamburg..

I think it's a '68.

Couple taken at a hospitality day at Castle Coombe a few years back

The Ferrari Garage,

007a_zpsboioxwmy.jpg

Looked after on of these for a mate, damn fast, shame they suffered badly from rust

275_zpsyiu6c8b9.jpg

Back