Wohoo-i have won

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Got a call today from the Kennel Club to say that i have won their national competition. I have won the Dogs at Work catagory with my image of a Hungarian Vizsla.

They liked the image for its front view of the dog pointing where most of this type of image are side on. They also mentioned about the dogs head being held high with its eyes shut to try and enhance the scent, saying that its was a very strong image and a fantastic image to show its breed type. I had other similar images all with the eyes open so i was taking a chance entering this one but i only did so as it was different.

DSC_8062.jpg

Well done Mark and a cracking shot of the breed as well...................:clap::clap::clap:

:clap: congradulations super picture well done (y)

Very well done, thats a cracking pose, love the low angle.A really different and unique image.

Great to hear the technical detail of the win :clap: well done! :clap:

Cheers everyone for the comments. I was more happy to get the technical feedback than i was at winning..:wacky: I really thought that it would be overlooked as it didnt have that wonderful eye contact and i was taking a chance not entering one of those ones but they saw exactly what i saw and said the head held high with the eyes closed just made the image and left it without doubt what the dog was doing.(y)

Last edited:
Love the pic - absolute cracker.

What did you win, other than fame and glory?

Fantastic (y) That dog is such a poseur! Think he needs a gold plated collar to complete his regal look :)

Brilliant shot of a lovely looking dog...........and well done for your well deserved win:clap::clap:

Great comments--Thanks.. I believe i have won a canvas print but not sure on size etc, a certificate and an invitation to London for the award ceremony and my pic to be displayed at the Discover Dogs show at Earls Court. Just missed out on the overall winner gets a flash unit to the valie of £200.

Last edited:
Fantastic image and brilliant news for you, well done!

Well done - a deserved pat on the back I think!

Congratulations Cracking shot

Being honest Mark. The shot you have got is the most natural shot I have seen of any scent/gun dog on here.The judge has seen this and has done his job well.

The eyes closed and the nose scenting the quarry is superb, possibly the best i have seen on a working gundog.

Best of luck and carry on sir...............(y)

Congratulations Mark - a well deserved win :clap:

Just picked up on this one Mark. Well done and well deserved (y) It is the different take on things that always seem to make the difference.

Back