18th Mar. ' A Small World ' Time for a break.

Excellent work! You have real imagination & creativity.

For me, the DoF disparity in "Ride My Bicycle" is a bit incongruous, with some of the audience being oof, when they 'shouldn't' be. But that's a bit of a nitpick on my part and probably something a non-photographer would never notice.

The rude ones make me smile the most... I guess that says a lot about me :)

Excellent work! You have real imagination & creativity.

For me, the DoF disparity in "Ride My Bicycle" is a bit incongruous, with some of the audience being oof, when they 'shouldn't' be. But that's a bit of a nitpick on my part and probably something a non-photographer would never notice.

The rude ones make me smile the most... I guess that says a lot about me :)
Thanks for the support,
I'm shooting these close up with a macro lens, as you are no doubt aware the dof is shallow. I think this one is a composite of 5 raw shots (5 different focus points) The oof audience is deliberate, this (I hope) concentrates the eyes on the cyclists.

22nd Nov.

More tomfoolery ;)

i-RxkBTQF-XL.jpg

A return visit to my (very) old 45 rpm record collection.

i-vxB7gJ4-XL.jpg

i-64CK5cn-XL.jpg

Last edited:
3 good’uns!

7th Dec

Interest tailing off ? inevitable I suppose. Will give 'Small World' a break after this post.

Thanks for all your comments and support.

i-JNmZdQ6-XL.jpg

i-pTJ92q7-XL.jpg

i-TmKmnR9-XL.jpg

Three "Excellent" creations Roy, liking all of these very much.

brilliantwhat a great idea you ought to make a calender with these its crying out to be in a calender again well done (y) :)

brilliantwhat a great idea you ought to make a calender with these its crying out to be in a calender again well done (y) :)
:agree:

I have completed a few 'Photo books' before with great success, I intend to commit many (most) of these to a series of books. Just finding the time, I have a major decorating job to finish in the house before Xmas. Hence i may not post again until the new year.

All good.

I like #1, but he looks more gaucho than cowboy :LOL: .

Since it’s topical I guess #2 would be an unfortunate choice for a Valentine card ;).

So I think #3 is best for me.

Thanks Richard for your comments :D

I'm enjoying these inventive scenes Roy, very clever :)

I'm enjoying these inventive scenes Roy, very clever :)
Thanks Chris, nice of you say so.
When I'm laying awake at 3 a.m in the morning :( rather than think about covid or Ukraine I'm trying to think up my next 'little scene' What a waste of a brain eh ? :oops: :$

These little 'scenes' of mine were very well received 'back in the day' Wow ! it's a year ago since I updated this thread.

Ok, there are some you haven't seen so I hope these also go down well.

i-PBwnmq9-XL.jpg

i-82JT4mG-XL.jpg

i-KZbQtz9-XL.jpg

More another time. :D

Last edited:
I'm glad to see this is making a comeback Roy.
I love the fishermen :LOL:

This is a fab thread and a fab series that always makes me smile. Thanks for updating it!

Your quality & standard has not dropped.....

The saga continues, do keep them coming:D

Three "Excellent" creative style captures Roy, and well up to your usual high standard.

Back