weekly 2015 52's by Summer - week 25 silhouette

Hi Summer - good choice for figures, and I think there's a lovely balance to your shot between the figure on the rhs and the light coming in from the left. (y)

It was a great excuse to go to Winchester as well ;) I think Anthony Gormley designed it to look its best when the crypt floods after heavy rain, it would be good to see.

Hhi Summer

Figure......like that a lot , soft tones ,gentle light...could see that framed in a coffee house (y)

Heat...good bit of pp there ,just the right amount of light on the hand (y)

Vertical - A good use of B&W. Blimey that church really looks dwarfed down there doesn’t it

Crowd - Fits the theme but I free there’s been a loss of definition in the blacks on the conversion.

Close Up - I really like this. It has a real sense of America to it. I don’t usually like a bland sky but in this case it helps the image and keeps attention to the binoculars. Nice one

Machine - That’s lovely and sharp - you can see some of the stray hairs on the sewing machine.

Alphabet - An interesting take on the theme. My degree was physics and maths so I couldn’t get away from all these strange letters

Sound - Another one where the bland sky works and another where the sharpness shows through. Blimey you can almost see all the bolts on the mast

Figure - That’s a really nice shot. Compositionally good as are to lovely tones. The exposure has been well handled which I bet was done is quite difficult lighting conditions.

Hi Summer

Heat - I like the effect you've got - clever idea to use a lightbulb to get the glow on your hand! I would have been tempted to crop some of the bg from the top and sides to balance it out a bit.

Figures - A great job of both lighting and composition and a superb image (y)

hi guys so sorry for not coming back sooner - has been a very busy week cos we've been moving offices at work and then I was taken sick :( so will try to think of a household shot lol

but thank-you to everyone who looked and commented recently :) I'm being a bit rubbish this year so thanks for sticking with me lol :kiss::love:

Hey Summer :)

Heat - cracking idea, even though the sun, the main element is not yours, it's nicely pulled together :)

Figure - Really like this one, I'm liking the contrast of the dark figure and the light surrounding, nice that the light is falling on it a bit too (y)

oh dear missed a few again

recent ones have had me stumped

but this is my take on limit - my daughter gets mad at me cos I take 'too many' photos of her, usually when she's not looking ha ha, so this time she'd reached her limit (of patience)

enough! by Summer, on Flickr

Awe o_O

... funny ... I prefer pictures of me when I'm not looking.

I'm just thinking it looks a bit pale and washed out, the one on my HD is ok so maybe flickr broke it :(

Really good idea Summer and nice shot. (My daughter is the same - if she agrees I have 5 seconds to take one!)

Hi Summer
Sorry I haven't popped in for some time:(, on a major catch up for a change!

Mouth... Lovely Shot, she's either got a good set of lungs or that's a major yawn! Nice DOF on that shot. She looks gorgeous(y)

Vertical ... That's an interesting shot.... Lots of detail and things to look at! An unusual but classic view of that cathedral,

Crowd.... Wow that's a very poignant, very moving, think the B&W does it justice.

Close Up.... Love this... really sharp and typically American! Almost Jukebox style!

Machine... Very sharp, nice detail, think the blue sets it off well.

Physics... Ooppsss I mean Alphabet;) Brilliant right up my street! Love Physics(y). I admire you learning the language too! So much to do never enough time! Nice Shot great idea, love the page turning effect too.

Sound... Was working in Crowthorne once when they went off, makes a hell of a Din! I wondered what the hell it was, hadn't realised I was on Broadmoor's doorstep. Nice detail in the shot, Bleak and grey like the Hospital I would imagine! Like the close up shot.

Heat... Works well. got a really nice and natural looking glow going there. Think I'd just tone down that highlight on the ball of the thumb so it blends in the rest of the light, looks a little white as opposed to red/orange glow only nit pick:rolleyes:.

Figure.... I love this shot. Its a great exposure! and only a small trace of water in the RH corner;) Lovely texture and tones in the stone, Nice Work.

Limit.... Made me smile! there's a certain amount of humour in that shot;) Works very well. But I think its the trace od smile across her lips that makes the shot...makes a good portrait, you got busted:D

week 21 - bizarre - what superheroes do in their spare time

bit of a grab shot and I forgot to take my tripod - the cup was about to start so I didn't have much time :p

but it was the concept I wanted to capture

week 21 - bizarre
by Summer, on Flickr

She looks stunning ... with personality in sharp focus.

thank-you, she is stunning :)

Nice idea Summer, she has well and truly caught you :D

yup, and I was told where to go lol

Really good idea Summer and nice shot. (My daughter is the same - if she agrees I have 5 seconds to take one!)

glad it's not just me

Hi Summer
Sorry I haven't popped in for some time:(, on a major catch up for a change!

thanks for all your comments :) I have been particularly bad at keeping up too :eek:

Hi Summer - great idea for limit. I recognise the expression - it must be something all daughters do!

and I think the prettier they are the worse they are, weirdly

Love the bizarre! Not at all what you would expect from these superheros!

they were waiting for me to put the footie on lol

Brilliant for the Bizarre theme (worrying if you posted as Household ha ha).

Hi there,
A bit of time away and I now have a monumental bit of catching up to do!

Vertical: Wow! that is vertical and a long way down. Great shot considering how you were holding it. Nice one.
Crowd: I like the processing on this one. It really matches the mood of the scene.
Close up: I thought this was mono at first. Nice sharp photo. Maybe cropped a tad tight to the right and bottom?
Machine: Very nice. Super sharp and great use of Depth of Field.
Alphabet: Good interpretation. I like the page turning too.
Sound: Perfect fit to the theme. The first one for me. Putting it on the tower add strength to the sound if that makes sense.
Heat: I like the how on the hand and I love Ha Solar images so that's always going to be a winner for me (y)
Figure: Nice lighting and good colour contrast. I may have cropped a bit more off the left hand side possibly?
Limit: Great expression. Looks like you have exceeded the 'Limit' a touch there :D
Bizarre: Yes it is. Perfect :)

Hi Summer, love your bizarre shot. The thought of 3 superheroes together on a sofa is weird enough, but the knitting's the icing on the cake - great idea (y)

Limit - a lovely shot of your daughter and fits well with the theme.
Bizarre - this made me laugh - love it! :clap:

thanks for the comments guys, I have fallen behind again :(

week 23 - entertain

this is Mabel who is one of only 3 women to perform this stunt - she was brilliant fun :)

Marvellous Mabel
by Summer, on Flickr

I love street entertainers, here's one of her bursting a balloon with her whip

Marvellous Mabel
by Summer, on Flickr

Oh wow! That certainly meets the criteria Summer. I prefer the first - I suppose mainly as it shows people being entertained ... plus of course she happy expression.

week 22 - broken

This was taken some time ago but i wanted to use it, as it is of course 800 years to the day since the Magna Carta was signed.

This is the castle where King John stayed on his way to sign (supposedly)

King John's castle, Odiham

week 22 broken
by Summer, on Flickr

not sure why the pic isn't shown, when I go to edit the post the pic shows up fine :(

check it out on Flickr (just click on the red cross)

also I notice my signature has gone :( wwaaaaaaa

Last edited:
Oh wow! That certainly meets the criteria Summer. I prefer the first - I suppose mainly as it shows people being entertained ... plus of course she happy expression.

thank-you Carl, I posted the 2nd one to show off cos I got the balloon as it popped :) not that you can tell lol

Hi Summer - what a great couple of shots for entertain. I love the first one - she's entertaining the crowd and herself by expression on her face - great stuff(y) and well done on catching the balloon bursting in the second shot :clap::clap:

and broken - nicely on theme again and very timely (even if you took it a while ago). (y)

thanks Lorraine, I wanted to take the shot today but ran out of time, tis my hubby's birthday lol, so this will have to do until I go back for a better shot :)

Hi Summer,

A few comments from me.

Bizarre: How wacky is this shot. Absolutely love the funnies of it. I hope they've finished their knitting now.

Entertain: A couple of good images. Shame there was no water in the balloon that would have been entertaining if they had got a little wet. 1st is my favourite as it has more of a crowd as Lorraine has already mentioned.
Broken: Fits the theme well and well suited to mono.

Hi broken, looks like a fantastic building and I know you couldn't do anything about the sky but it really just kill the photograph.

Well spotted, though.

Cheers.

Hi. love the shell itself it looks superb but not sure on that composition, it's lost and way to middleish for me, needs a crop to for me to the bottom right third, i am sure other people will be along soon to rubbish that idea

Back