weekly 2015 52's by Summer - week 25 silhouette

Hi Summer. The colours and definition of Spiral are beautiful. I understand what Allan says about the crop; maybe an offset position would make the image more quirky.

Hi summer

Entertain ... haha I am entertained ... both shots nicely framed.

Broken ... A bit tight in the frame and it looks a little OOF but perhaps it the kind of structure that always looks a little OOF.

Spiral ... the illuminated one dimension is odd, but it works. (y)

thanks for the comments guys, this is actually a pic taken in the garden, the snail shell was lovely with bright markings but it was on a leaf with lots of detritus around and it really spoiled the scene. So I thought I'd try getting rid of the whole bg :p I guess i could have moved the snail but I didn't want to disturb him lol (what a softie eh)

edit - have uploaded the original to flickr

Last edited:
Oh Wow! Not sure about #1 but #2 is an amazing silhouette - well composed and nicely detailed. :clap:

same as Carl, not sure about no. 1, but LOVING the bike in silhouette, also with plenty of space about the focus point to draw your eye in.

I was trying to do a creepy 'peering through the window' shot for one but it's harder than I thought :D

... with the above .... #2 is a cracker! Any cloning involved? The outline of the bike looks just perfect. :clap:

cloning? lol the bike is an ornament and the moon is layered onto the final image :p

Hi number 1 for me, it's a little bit scary but I like that, number 2 needs a huge chunk off the bottom

Back