weekly 52 in 2013: Brian of Bozeat : COMPLETE

I do like this shot Brian but I think the "angle" of your POV may be improved by getting a bit lower down and perhaps closer to those fallen trunks. They don't create quite enough of a strong foreground interest for me.

The sun peeking through the trees and the colours in the sky are lovely though. It looks like a wonderful place to visit. We're so lucky in this country.

Ian.

P.S I see your avatar has changed :)

Thanks, that's a good critique. I will have to get myself a gorillapod or similar next time and try some shots from a lower POV.

Did you notice it was 16x9? (y)

Last edited:
Love that angles photo. Great photo in its own right, and the trees certainly make it on theme.

Hi Brian
thats a nice picture :clap: a bit off the bottom for me and wondering if it could be slightly darkened to bring the sky out a little bit, i feel there might be a bit more colour in the sky :thinking: i think a lower angle too would work. (y)

Hi Brian, loving the angle shot, without the forground fallen tree I'd have that hanging as a picture. Lovely colours.

Greed lol makes me smile everytime I look at it, huge Jaffa.

Angle...Low and wide :D, really nice warm light coming through. I'm a little on the fence about the fallen tree in the fore ground :shrug: Also as the Sun is quite small in the shot I may have been more inclined to position it behind a tree.

Hi Brian

Angles...loely shot....all crit has been mentioned & I agree with it but still doesn't detract from it being a lovely calming image (y)

Week 17 - Rustic:

This is Stevington windmill, it sits on a small ridge approximately 7 miles from my home.

week 17 - Rustic.jpg by Brian of Bozeat, on Flickr

An explanation:
I know some people frown upon anthropomorphism but In this shot I have tried to portray the windmill as a big strong machine reaching its sails "up there" stretching high into the sky to capture the wind. Proudly standing strong and tall, etc. because I believe that's how it would like to see itself... oh dear, is it me or is it dusty in here? :crying: there's something in my eye. :LOL:
Anyway that's why I chose to put it so large in the frame and why I shot it from such a low angle.

Hope you like it :D

Last edited:
Cracking shot there Brian - love the detail in the stone and tiles. Absolutely cannot fault the POV from down low in the grass...

Just needs a little bit more on the left of the shot - I just crudely cloned across some sky and grass and it makes a difference for me. You didn't crop any off the left did you??

Cracking shot there Brian - love the detail in the stone and tiles. Absolutely cannot fault the POV from down low in the grass...

Just needs a little bit more on the left of the shot - I just crudely cloned across some sky and grass and it makes a difference for me. You didn't crop any off the left did you??

Thanks Graham. It does work as a wider shot as well, I took several wider shots and I liked them all but this one stood out as the my favourite.

Great shot, Brian. I love the composition, low angle, light on the windmill building and the colour variations in the sky.

nice shot Brian like the low angle and the composition :clap: nice exposure the grass looks great as does the graduation of the sky (y)

nice shot Brian like the low angle and the composition :clap: nice exposure the grass looks great as does the graduation of the sky (y)

Thanks very much for the comment, it's actually a crop of some sort, but it looks like "out of scale" grass which I think adds to the unusual perspective. ;)

Love everything about this, the colours, composition and the low angle (y)

Thank you. much appreciated.

Great shot, Brian. I love the composition, low angle, light on the windmill building and the colour variations in the sky.

Thank you too. Your comments are very gratefully received.

All this praise, I'm going to have to get a bigger hat :LOL:

I cant see your last few shots, it says they are currently unavailable?

Rustic: Great image! Like the low angle and the fact it fills the shot.

I do like Angle, maybe a little stretch to the theme, but a lovely shot. Hard to crit in any aspect, and the sun peeking through the trees really tops it off!

Rustic is currently out of bounds for me. :(

Rustic - good shot Brian. Well thought out. Super pov - makes the grass almost look like the beginnings of a wheat field. Like the comp, even tho square on. Interesting sky and good colour throughout

PS photo not showing for me on thread - had to click thro to flickr. No trouble but a bit unusual

Last edited:
Quick catch up, I'm afraid :D

Well spotted Rustic there. Nice low angle and the colours in the green are great. Feels a bit tight to me.

Cheers.

Nice low and wide pov, great old subject with plenty of details in the stonework. As said by others a wider shot to give us all a head scratching decision to make is the only thing I can add.

I have looked at it for a while couldn't get my head round it but is it "close encounters of the third kind" it certainly has that feel to it and if it is a big :clap: from me

I have looked at it for a while couldn't get my head round it but is it "close encounters of the third kind" it certainly has that feel to it and if it is a big :clap: from me

Thanks Alan. and yes of course you are right it is a homage to CE3K (y)

Here's the original Iconic image.

Excellent take on the theme

Really like Rustic Brian, very nice shot.

Hi, Brian, Kind, well O would have never thought of that interpretation :clap:

You've done well here. Cracking glow and the low angle works well.

Crit, well none really. Maybe remove the cupboard to keep our focus on you...very minor crit.

Cheers.

Kind - what a great idea, Brian. Well executed and immediately obvious (to me at least) what is was.

Lovely shot for your week 8 retake too, and another clever one... dandelion clock.

Last edited:
dunno about close encounters, also missed out on star wars too in my sheltered childhood... seeing the original shot I can see where you were thinking, certainly captured the feel of the original, did you think of re-arranging the bedroom to closer match the POV?

Loving the dandelion clock for time, worth the wait I think there, great catch of the little bits floating off, and super detail in the head itself, (y)

You;re going to be itching for week 19 now aren;t you... tap, tap, tap. :LOL:

Very late to the table, and I apologise for not FB before this one, this is a great take on the theme Kind :clap: (I had to look at the first Post to work it out)

Last edited:
dunno about close encounters, also missed out on star wars too in my sheltered childhood... seeing the original shot I can see where you were thinking, certainly captured the feel of the original, did you think of re-arranging the bedroom to closer match the POV?

Loving the dandelion clock for time, worth the wait I think there, great catch of the little bits floating off, and super detail in the head itself, (y)

You;re going to be itching for week 19 now aren;t you... tap, tap, tap. :LOL:

Thank you, I did think of doing it at the front door but the neighbours already think I'm nuts and 3 CTO'd flashes on the drive, pointing in my face they would have sent for the van! :LOL:

Oh yeah, week 19, n n n n n n n n n nineteen! hahaha - it was the 3 day weekend that did it - that and I saw the dandelion - I just couldn't help myself. :naughty:

Back