weekly 52 in 2014 Cowboy

Imaginative take on the theme, as others have mentioned a slightly tighter crop would help.

Nice idea, nice image (y) I wouldn't crop it but I'd edit out the purple bit.

Great take on the the theme Mark, good detail (y) agree with Graham it does seem a little cold and the bit of purple in the corner could do with going :)

Action - Super action shot. Well exposed, good focus and just the right amount of motion blur

Mono - Love all the negative space, shallow DoF and the very clean whites of the daisy petals. Lovely image> I'd be happy to see this on my wall

Twisted - Certainly twisty but doesn't hold my attention as much as the last one

Fresh - Good use of a square crop. The small highlights on the fruit work well making it fit the theme but I'd like to see a little fill in flash or reflector used on the shadows towards the the bottom of the image

Shape - Never tried this but thought about it. I think a wider DoF would lessen the difference between the front green brick and the bottom white one. Other than that, a good effort and well lined up

Number – A find my eyes drawn to the faces rather than the numbers of this one. Maybe a shallower DoF would have also helped blur some of the background. Also did @posiview really say that LOL. A hope you don't know them.

Strong – Great thinking to connect with the theme. I first thought the WB was off but I guess the shells were blue in colour

HI Mark

cropped version for strong works better....& how cute is that little chap...great eye contact & amazing blue shell (y)

Yes, the crop works really well and so adorably cute! Can you take another one of the same subject for texture please ;)

Hi Mark....I love that one the little chick and I really like this one too, it has an abstract look to it. Is it on a slight angle or is that an optical illusion ?

Thanks.
It might be a very slight angle, there are a number of them all in a line hence the blurred look around it.

Really like the chick shot, suits the theme very well.

Good detail in the texture shot, but doesn't hold my interest for long sadly. However moving the screen up and down, does give the effect of the rope spinning :D

Interesting take for texture. Not an easy one to produce so well done for trying it out. I think a square crop might work and it's a pity, IMO, that the BG name an even, lighter tone.

Chests.

I think the wore rope is spot on as it is, the hint of something in the BG add a bit of interest, nice to see a vertical rather than a diagonal composition.

When did you get your new fancy camera then eh? (y)

Hi Mark,
Strong.. The chic is a great shot, just love it I like the inclusion of the shells too (y)
Texture...not really liking it :(

Thank.
No worries.

Really like the chick shot, suits the theme very well.

Good detail in the texture shot, but doesn't hold my interest for long sadly. However moving the screen up and down, does give the effect of the rope spinning :D

Thanks.

Interesting take for texture. Not an easy one to produce so well done for trying it out. I think a square crop might work and it's a pity, IMO, that the BG name an even, lighter tone.

Chests.

Ta :)

I think the wore rope is spot on as it is, the hint of something in the BG add a bit of interest, nice to see a vertical rather than a diagonal composition.

When did you get your new fancy camera then eh? (y)

Thanks.

Had the camera a couple of months now, just don't have much time to use it :)

Texture - interesting choice for texture but it fits the theme and the simplicity of the image works well

Texture - I quite like it detail is good the bg works for me

Ta very much.

Hi, nice image of the fly, taken with a zoom lens rather than macro so its lost a little detail is it a heavy crop? stands out well against its BG

Hi Mark :)

Shape - I like thius type of image, the main things wrong for me are 2 things, One, the choice of colour of the bottom brick and the defects of the top green one... other than that It's well set up for me, like the lighting, white background and the reflection, with the minor changes a very strong shape (y)

Strength - Aweeeee BLESS !!!!

A great image and one that portrays it in a nice different scale of things... I'd clone out the purple bit bottom Rh, other than that great DoF and pretty well lit too (y)

Edit (Strong) MUCH better, liking that crop (y)

Texture - A simple, bold and very effective image, some good detail in that steel cable, really liking the crop, conversion and background :clap:

Wild - A lovely capture again, for woodlands very nicely lit and great detail, nice one (y)

good capture of an interesting beastie. Nice detail in the wings and sufficient DOF to get him all in. (y)

If it is a crop, a CW rotate would help, feels like he's toppling backwards to me. :)

Texture - Spot on for this weeks vertical theme :banghead: As a mono shot it is quite strong especially with the changing shades in the background.

Wild - Wow. I really quite this. The noise has been mentioned but I feel the creature has been captured really well and is spot on sharp

Thanks for the comments.

The scorpion fly was taken with a 300mm and 1.4tc set up so it's a massive crop :D

Texture - Spot on for this weeks vertical theme :banghead: As a mono shot it is quite strong especially with the changing shades in the background.

Wild - Wow. I really quite this. The noise has been mentioned but I feel the creature has been captured really well and is spot on sharp

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Hey Mark, sorry for the late arrival to your thread.

Strong - lovely shot (especially the edit) and a tremendous subject. Really well captured, lighting good, DOF perfect (for me) and as others have said, eye contact is strong too. Superb.

Texture - maybe a bit of a marmite one but the thing which nags at me with these sorts of shots is would you take them for any other reason apart from this challenge? I personally prefer shots which stand up on their own without the context of this TP thread - I know some of mine don't (and they're weaker for it, IMO) and for me your texture shot falls into this, too. It's a well taken shot but to me lacks meaning outside of this thread. Sorry if that sounds harsh! Let me put it another way - it's not as good as your other shots!!

Wild - cracking shot of a wild looking fly. Razor sharp, great detail and apart from the background being a tiny bit distracting, totally bang on. Really nice.

Hi Mark
Strength - all comments made led to the edit and that is fine for me. Good focus on the chick and like the colours now warmed up.
Texture - really like the central setting and sharp on the wire. B/g would be better if a little more even IMO
Wild - i like that a lot and wouldn't change anything. (y)

Wild - Nice image lighting is good considering the crop the detail is pretty good too
Hey Mark, sorry for the late arrival to your thread.

Strong - lovely shot (especially the edit) and a tremendous subject. Really well captured, lighting good, DOF perfect (for me) and as others have said, eye contact is strong too. Superb.

Texture - maybe a bit of a marmite one but the thing which nags at me with these sorts of shots is would you take them for any other reason apart from this challenge? I personally prefer shots which stand up on their own without the context of this TP thread - I know some of mine don't (and they're weaker for it, IMO) and for me your texture shot falls into this, too. It's a well taken shot but to me lacks meaning outside of this thread. Sorry if that sounds harsh! Let me put it another way - it's not as good as your other shots!!

Wild - cracking shot of a wild looking fly. Razor sharp, great detail and apart from the background being a tiny bit distracting, totally bang on. Really nice.

I sometimes take shots like this just because I can :) some are better than others of course.

Hi Mark
Strength - all comments made led to the edit and that is fine for me. Good focus on the chick and like the colours now warmed up.
Texture - really like the central setting and sharp on the wire. B/g would be better if a little more even IMO
Wild - i like that a lot and wouldn't change anything. (y)

Ta very much.

Dream - I don't think any child would ever sleep again if they found that under their bed. Really great shot though and like it a lot for the theme

Back