70-200 f2.8 portraiture showcase thread

420075_10151191283946995_1652111264_n.jpg

Pulled from fb hence poor quality

Some really excellent shots here,would love this lens so i am trying to grovel to the wife for a second hand canon 70-200 F2.8 L:dummy::naughty::LOL:

I bought a secondhand 70-200 Canon F4L and without the 'bells & whistles' of the later versions it is still a cracking lens. It's also such great value, I paid aboput £350 for mine. I would love the latest F2.8L with i.s. but at £1800 it's just too big a stretch, I could almost upgrade my 5d to a mkiii at that price.

Not sure what's more entertaining in this thread - the great pictures or Jasons wonderful words of wisdom :D

I've only had my 70-200 IS Mk1 for a few months, so still getting to know how best to use it, but so far love some of the "snaps" I've got.

One of the new love of my life below. I'm sure I'll be taking lots more of her over the coming years with this lens.

katee_chair.jpg

Hi guys. Just read through this thread. This has opened my eyes to the portrait potential of the 70-200. I have the old version and it is great for sport. Some great shots on here... when my duff shoulder stops messing me about it is the first lens I will pick up!

Love this thread! The 70-200 2.8 is the first L lens i bought, because I needednit for my travk work, but I use it for everything, including portraiture of course.

It probably the only lens I currently have that I can guarantee will always be in the bag and will never get sold!

Back