A Day in TalkPhotography™ Time. Discussion. FINAL DEADLINE - 1800hrs GMT 29/9/10

long time ago --- did we mention a book...? or some publication

do you need my ok [written] to use my image..?

Still a possible and being discussed by TP Staff at the moment. It would be for all members...

Smooth your inbox is full

That can be mis-read in so many ways!

Excellent work with this Matt; undoubtedly the best calling to Internet arms I have seen. I have enjoyed reading the thread and viewing the contributions and eagerly await the final result.

Cheers

Is it ready yet? ;)

Teehee nearly! Gonna be a few days I reckon....

That can be mis-read in so many ways!

Excellent work with this Matt; undoubtedly the best calling to Internet arms I have seen. I have enjoyed reading the thread and viewing the contributions and eagerly await the final result.

Cheers

:) Thank you for your kind words Si.

Hopefully the final result will make you all proud to be a part of such a great forum.

One of our awesome members is putting together a superb intro for it, and whilst he is doing that I will be working out some sort of order to post the images in...

Keep your eyes on this thread and the TP Homepage in a few days and you might spot something magical (hopefully!) :)

Pretty awesome to note that in the month or so build up to TP Day 2010, we had two new additions to the TP Member families and both were included in the TP Day shots!

Another congrats to both Simon (Spooky) and Gary (EG) on your new arrivals, and the superb shots you got of them.

HOLY MOLY! Some of these images are simply stunning!!!

AND - us TPers are apparently more likely to shoot in the early eve/eve than during the day :D

Thank you to the two TPers who made a special effort to shoot very VERY early and VERY late! The last shot is awesome! And the exif confirms no cheating!

Have you finished yet or what? :p

:LOL: I have got all the images sorted into order - a right misssshun because some were edited etc on different days - am eagerly awaiting our intro then we are set to ROCK!

You've done a bang up job with this Matt, it's really appreciated. (y)

Of course you have do realise that this still may not get you out of Marcel's annual Xmas fun this year. :D

You've done a bang up job with this Matt, it's really appreciated. (y)

Of course you have do realise that this still may not get you out of Marcel's annual Xmas fun this year. :D

:LOL: Bah hell - christmas for me wouldn't be christmas without a good username/title raping! This year he tells me I might finally earn my badge: Marcels Whipping Boy.

Im just impressed he has restrained himself so long this year... I fear it may result in greater impact....

Thanks for your kind words and help throughout the project Marc. You have been superb.

Thank you to the two TPers who made a special effort to shoot very VERY early and VERY late! The last shot is awesome! And the exif confirms no cheating!

You're very welcome :LOL:

Thank you for organising it! (y). Staying up till midnight when I had to be up for a 10 hour shift at 5am sure didn't seem worth it at the time, but when I see the finished article I'm sure I'll change my opinion :D

Unless you're not talking about my shot. Which means someone snuck one in after me. In which case I want their name and address so I can go and hunt them down. :bat:

Now what's this about a TP Pint? Oh, pRint......... :D

Chris

You're very welcome :LOL:

Thank you for organising it! (y). Staying up till midnight when I had to be up for a 10 hour shift at 5am sure didn't seem worth it at the time, but when I see the finished article I'm sure I'll change my opinion :D

Unless you're not talking about my shot. Which means someone snuck one in after me. In which case I want their name and address so I can go and hunt them down. :bat:

Now what's this about a TP Pint? Oh, pRint......... :D

Chris

I am indeedy talking about yout shot! And they would be good going to sneak one in after!

Thank you for your dedication sir! And kind words.... although hold off with the praise until you see the slideshow!

Music
- I have decided that there probably isn't a tune that would suit the slideshow for absolutely everyone, so I am going to leave it up to you to stick on your own favourite songs/playlist as a backing track to it. Thank you to those who offered their services/suggestions for music sources :)

Last edited:
right, after lots of faffing and messing about, weve decided not to do a book this time, as the cost is prohibitive. when we do TP day 2011 we WILL do a book.

thanks everyone for your support with 2010, especially to Matt for making it happen.

Not wanting to sound rude, sorry if this comes off as such; but may I ask, how come you can be so sure that it will be feasible for 2011?

Wail said:
Not wanting to sound rude, sorry if this comes off as such; but may I ask, how come you can be so sure that it will be feasible for 2011?

It's a question of planning. I could get x number of books free, or x amount off each book, but now it's a bit late to do the 2010 book, so we thought we'd concentrate on the 2011 deal and make it work. We might have to jiggle it about a bit but we'll make it work one way or another.

Thanks for the clarification, and shame it couldn't be done for the 2010 submissions.

:D Me too - was a really exciting project.

Hopefully this years can be even bigger, better and more awesome!

Back