weekly Adamcski 52 for 2022 Week 52 (new to photography) 2022 52 complete

Last edited:
I think the idea is good Adam, I just didn't see the bucket until I read your post.

The one with 4 shot glasses works well and is my favourite (it would have been the whisky bottle but I think the crop is too tight, personally). Looking good, keep going :)

I think I could get the originals up on Flickr and that would help with the crop issues (I cropped them to fit them on the forum) but I need to play around with Flickr more (not sure I've even posted these correctly).

My favourites were the mop bucket, shot glasses, whisky and the drain pipe. I couldn't choose so my daughter picked her favourite (she's 11) and I went with that one.

Last edited:
I think you had a very good list to choose from.
personally I think several of the others are stronger, not enough focus on the receptacle In your chosen one.
I did the same thing by chopping off the top of my biscuit barrel and including other items in the shot.
The drainpipe is a strong image.

Thanks for the feedback. In my original post I stated my favourite was the drainpipe lol. I liked the colours on that particular image, especially the rust contrasting against the white paint. The post box was another one I liked as the half in and half out of shadow looked nice (IMO). The mop bucket one I also liked as you just don't see a mop and bucket discarded in the corner of a random wall - what on earth was someone doing with a mop and bucket there in the first place? Perhaps leaving it in colour would have helped the receptacle standout a bit more.

Hey ho, off to class later to play with tripods and lighting for the first time so should be fun.

I like the shot glasses and the container the best. But all tick the box.

An interesting set of images. I am quite drawn to the postbox with the strong shadows and slightly off-centre composition.

I had visited two local cemeteries also, but other people had gone down that route so thought I would try and do something different. Quick question, what are the rules regarding photographing graves and such? Obviously correct etiquette would have to be observed, but are there any laws that I should have been aware of prior to doing so? Not that I will really be going back to these places and have zero commercial interest in photography...

Last edited:
I would assume that the bucket and mop had some colour to them, so going with B&W is hidding them in the mid tones. I like the drain pipe.

Very successful, ticks both theme and technique.

By the way, your link should point to this week's entry, not your whole thread.

Love it. Is this what people mean when they say they are going for a quick drink?

I'm torn between the first and the second, because I quite like that there is some space for it to move into on the first.

Sorry, I am trying but skills with IT are not the best (I'm surprising myself with linking back to the thread itself lol).

If you right click on the post number (top right of the post's box) and select "Copy Link", you can then paste the link to the appropriate post using the Chain icon at the top of the reply box.

Like the concept and execution of the chosen shot.

Considering you describe yourself as new to photography, you have clearly learnt a lot from your course and have a good eye for the subject and composition. I think people agree that you are doing really well and have a good future in this hobby, and I think we will see a lot more of your work and enjoy it. Very well done!

Considering you describe yourself as new to photography, you have clearly learnt a lot from your course and have a good eye for the subject and composition. I think people agree that you are doing really well and have a good future in this hobby, and I think we will see a lot more of your work and enjoy it. Very well done!
Wow thank you very much. Just taking one step at a time.

The hardest part of taking a pleasing shot is seeing it in the first place - modern cameras are so competent at the rest of it but can't help with the original vision.

The second one is the definitely the one I want to be a passenger on...

You've chosen the right one and your ICM technique is excellent.
I really like this shot.

Nicely done blurry choo choo! Pity it doesn;t have better whisky in!

Well thought out concept, good control of the ICM too, the 3rd is my favourite of the three (just!)

Second one for me. Lovely photo.

Great idea for the theme to combine with ICM. #2 for me too - it seems more "balanced"

I like it.

Now I'm going to get a bit picky but hopefully in a helpful way!!!
The paper could be flatter to remove the bowing at the end of the first bar.
The spoons could be better aligned - the gap between the middle 2 and the step between the right hand ones draw my eye, as do the uneven gaps at the far end of the handles.

(Had I taken this, there would be fingerprints on the underside of the spoons...) :D

Took me ages to get the spoons shiny lol

Don't mind the feedback at all. Its a used music book of my daughters hence it isn't perfect and as for the alignment - well I would blame whisky but honestly cant on this one LOL. The bow is an extra line on the notes, it has an extra curved line (no idea what it means I cant read music). It is these small things that make a difference isn't it, so making mistakes is fine, just need to learn from them - but I am not getting the spoons out again lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
Very nice! You don't hear much about playing the spoons nowadays.

That's really good - and a clever idea!

Back