AdamSi 52er 2019 Challenge Thread

Remember to add a linky from the main thread to here.

New is a great image, very nicely taken and love the sharpness in the stones in the foreground and a good sky.
Thanks Dave, added a link just could not work out how to shorten link to a word instead of full address.

In hindsight I’d like to go back and try again another day as think to raise tripod so the first groynes were lower in photo allowing the ones behind to be seen more in frame and the tree top right would be more visible too, but hey it’s all a learning curve :)

Loving your work Adam - what a great way to kick off your challenge. Very well executed

Thanks Dave, added a link just could not work out how to shorten link to a word instead of full address.

In hindsight I’d like to go back and try again another day as think to raise tripod so the first groynes were lower in photo allowing the ones behind to be seen more in frame and the tree top right would be more visible too, but hey it’s all a learning curve :)

Hi Adam, it's a very nice b+w conversion, I agree with raising the tripod here would make a difference and I would like to see a little more space to the right of the tree. I do like the result of using the 10 stop nd, I have one myself but don't use it that much. I must give it another go having seen your picture.

Well, I'm going to be contrary here, I don't think you need to change the composition, I think it works well as it is.
Of course, go ahead and prove me wrong ;)
Love the strong mono processing for both the detal it's brought out and the effect in the sky.

New

I think it works as it is, but also think there are a few different composition, but i wasn't there so only you will know if there was.

You're off to a great start, Adam! Love the subject, the use of the filter and long exposure, the details and texture in the stones, and your choice of monochrome is spot on. I agree it would be interesting to try again with a higher viewpoint, but that's not to detract from this one. Well done :clap:

Great start Adam. The long exposure almost looks like smoke on the water. I too like the composition just as it is with the near groyne framing the far one.

Hi Adam, I really like this, the tones are lovely and the groynes are very interesting. Lovely as it is I think your idea of returning and having a higher view point would make it excellent. maybe one for a re shoot week :)

Adam, Good use of your New 10stop, I like the low down shot of the foreground, but the 2nd line of breakwaters looks a bit odd being lower than the 1st line, perhaps being not quite so low would work better and show more of the receding lines of breakwaters, thus giving more depth. Anyway its a jolly good photo. Nice place Porlock.

Pete

10 stop filters are great fun, combined with b&w your into a winner! Love it

Okay, that was a bit of a search to find your thread.
I actually really like the image you've taken for cold, but you've not posted it here and linked between the two threads, so you're going to struggle to get any comments.

Have a look here for how-tos
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...enge-for-2019-how-to-guides-and-links.688193/

Specifically these maybe?
How to's (click-able linky's)
Create a linky (updated to encompass Xen2)
Up load from flicker
Upload to and from your TP Gallery and remove an image (
updated Jan 2019 for Xen 2)

Back