AlanDorset Week 52 Picture of the Year

Some great images there. I do like the jaunty angle on your chosen shot.

Yellow No.30 is my favourite. Good panning technique and the shutter speed is just right to capture the motion in the background and the spoked wheels.

A No.30 supporter as well ... good panning shot of an Invicta

They're all good, but I do like the Arbarth image in the main thread.

Reminds me of the old NSU TTs - they used to run with the boot lid open to cool the engine.

That was the reason given for the Abarth too - the fact that it improved the aerodynamics was kept quiet!

Remind me when I saw a FIAT 500 (THE SQUARE ONE) at Santa Pod.
I think sprint2 works best as there is feeling of motion in the image.

Pete

Thanks All.. Really good day at Goodwood, if you're in the area there is something happening on the track almost every day and apart from the Revival, Members Meeting, and Breakfast Clubs it's an open circuit so just turn up.

Yellow 30 is a Hispano Suiza.
Abarth have a reputation for being slightly mad with their upgrades, and all the better for it!
I was working on the panning technique and am beginning to get more comfortable with it.

Week 16 Trees

Trees 1 by Alan Webb, on Flickr

I found this topic to be a bit more problematic than expected, despite sunshine and interesting clouds. Concepts didn't turn out as hoped. Still, here goes !

Last edited:
Nice picture and nicely taken, you can see all the detail.

I had the same issue Alan - lots of ideas but struggled to get a final shot. You'd think "trees" would be easy.... :LOL:. This works though

I think it's a tough subject too. I often think trees look fantastic, but capturing that in an image isn't easy.

I like this viewpoint - were you lying on the ground? :) You could possibly crop a little off to the left so that it is emerging nearer the corner? You've done really well with the exposure and to get some blue sky.

I know what you mean.. sometimes what is in my head doesn't translate into a decent shot. However, you've captured some nice light and points of colour.

I like your thinking!

Good choice Donal, I'm surprised no-one else jumped on that idea.

Oooo.... I was so tempted to post something like this from one of my recent rounds.....
Excellent. How was the golf?

I'm surprised we haven't had more g**f related shots ;). The green looks very well kept.

Expensive sunset!

Nice shot, well captured, thinking of buying one.

Nice shot Alan - sunsets don’t have to be fiery orange skies!

Sunset over a Sunseeker - I like that. I hope it's your boat ;)

It's a shame about the fence, but I suppose if you moved the sun would be in the wrong spot. You've got a good sky for it too.

Sunset over a Sunseeker - I like that. I hope it's your boat ;)

It's a shame about the fence, but I suppose if you moved the sun would be in the wrong spot. You've got a good sky for it too.
Annoying fence but annoyingly no way to get it out of the shot, so mildly peeved…..

Ah, my favourite ball Alan (y)
Nice shot, well composed. Did you actually take this lying down on the tee (I suspect not - the Committee may not have been overly pleased.... :LOL: )

Nice ball - how are your knees? :D

In fact, taken in the back garden to avoid wrath of greenkeepers! It was a reason for an exercise in depth of field, worked OK for me.

Back