All things related to Apple phones & tablets

Wasn’t there a dock feature in a previous iOS and it disappeared?

Installed ok.

You wasn’t able to slide up from bottom to reveal the dock before..! It works in a similar way to the dock on a Mac, much better for multitude.

All good except for maps, not getting any voice navigation.

Oh, and I see we've gone back to bars as signal indicators.

Disappointed with the watch - had my 2 for a good year, maybe a year and a half but the cellular feature is very appealing!!!

Going by the reviews so far it's not very appealing at all, Watch 3 LTE getting slated in Independent, Verge and others.. Unreliable and bug-ridden, makes you wonder what happened to Quality Assurance and testing? If reviewers are getting these issues on Day 1 then internal testing within Apple must be short of non-existent! :mad:

It appears that Samsung seems to do Cellular wearables better?

Not upgraded my iOS devices to 11 yet, but will do tonight and here's hoping that the gremlins I've got in 10 disappear :)

Treated myself to some AirPods today. Yes they are funny looking but I am very impressed with their comfort and sound.

I don't appear to be getting notifications from facebook. I've checked the settings and can't see anything amiss.

IMG_0253.PNG

Last edited:
Treated myself to some AirPods today. Yes they are funny looking but I am very impressed with their comfort and sound.

By coincidence I bought some BeatsX today, I feel quite similar regarding their comfort and sound quality. The pairing process is a great improvement over normal BT earphones without the W1 chip.

Just in case you missed it, the first update to iOS 11 was released yesterday.

I have slight issue with my iPhone 7 and ApplePay.... If I do a contactless payment with my phone, the screen will no longer respond to touch. I've upgraded to IOS11 and it's still happening, has anybody else had similar issues?

Just in case you missed it, the first update to iOS 11 was released yesterday.

Well I've just given the green-light to allow employees to upgrade to iOS11, but had to put a multitude of items to note on the correspondence to stop complaining users :exit:

I don't know if anyone can head me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a note taking app for my iPhone 7 plus that works with ios 11 whereby I can pass-code lock individual files/entries etc without pass-code locking the complete app. I already have "aNote" (Awesome Note) which I like very much but want an additional note taking app that does the same thing. I have been using "Notebooks" which I have been quite happy with but the latest incarnation that is ios 11 compatible is "Notebooks 8" which will only allow pass-code locking of the complete app ie every note which is not what I want to do.

Any help would be very much appreciated.(y)

George.

Have to say, this full circle malarkey with the signal is confusing... 10 years later after all that, and it reverts to the signal style of the first iPhone!

Ok guys being an Android guy i never thought i would actually ever post in this thread but that time has come.

We got an ipad 3 for our son recently so he can use the same learning apps that he uses at school.

I have set up an account and downloaded most of the apps.....so far so good.

I have noticed however that the internet seems slower on the ipad compared to the PC and android phones also in the house.
Is there anything i can do to speed it up?

Probably not this but have you checked the WiFi is connected to 5g rather than 2g?

Probably not this but have you checked the WiFi is connected to 5g rather than 2g?

Router is currently set up to 2.4ghz.
Some reading on the internet mention QOS option in router bit the Virgin Superhub has not such option (unless they call it something else).

Router is currently set up to 2.4ghz.
Some reading on the internet mention QOS option in router bit the Virgin Superhub has not such option (unless they call it something else).
I mean in the Settings/WiFi not on the router. My Virgin Router pumps out two signals which show up in iOS WiFi as 2g and 5g. 2g has more range but 5g has more capacity. I generally disable the 2g in the tablet.

I mean in the Settings/WiFi not on the router. My Virgin Router pumps out two signals which show up in iOS WiFi as 2g and 5g. 2g has more range but 5g has more capacity. I generally disable the 2g in the tablet.
I will check the ipad setting later incase that has sometging to do with it, cheers!

Unless you are getting 2.4GHz interference it's unlikely to make much a difference switching to 5GHz for standard internet browsing. What browser are you using? Safari?

Unless you are getting 2.4GHz interference it's unlikely to make much a difference switching to 5GHz for standard internet browsing. What browser are you using? Safari?
Yeah default browser.

Ive not done a speed test yet to confirm what speed its downloading information at but after initial setup safari and the app store were noticeably sluggish - click to do something and it would pause for 10-15 seconds before carrying out the action.

Updated to IOS 11 when it launched and have noticed a huge difference in battery life, basically it was draining way faster than it used to. Also noticed that the WiFi and Bluetooth seemed to automatically turn themselves back on.

And then even with Bluetooth off my series 2 watch was still giving notifications.

Turns out that flicking the screen on you’re iPhone up and disconnecting WiFi/Bluetooth doesn’t actually disconnect other apple products, to do this you actually have to go into the general settings and turn them offfrom there!!

iPhone battery is now performing as it used to before the update

Ok guys being an Android guy i never thought i would actually ever post in this thread but that time has come.

We got an ipad 3 for our son recently so he can use the same learning apps that he uses at school.

I have set up an account and downloaded most of the apps.....so far so good.

I have noticed however that the internet seems slower on the ipad compared to the PC and android phones also in the house.
Is there anything i can do to speed it up?
Don’t forget the iPad 3 is over 5 years old, so it’s ancient by tech standards.

I replaced my iPad 3 with a 10.5 inch Pro, and the speed websites load at is like night and day.(not suggesting you do this, just pointing out that you’re most likely just experiencing the technical limitations of the iPad 3)

Last edited:
Don’t forget the iPad 3 is over 5 years old, so it’s ancient by tech standards.

I replaced my iPad 3 with a 10.5 inch Pro, and the speed websites load at is like night and day.(not suggesting you do this, just pointing out that you’re most likely just experiencing the technical limitations of the iPad 3)
Just to say that though I mainly use an iPad Air 2, I have several iPad 2s in regular use and don’t find them slow on internet - all on 5g as 2g balks a bit at streaming stuff. (Good Virginmedia cable service.)

So pre-orders for the iPhone X open on Friday. Anyone going to go for one? I decided not to, and went for the iPhone 8 256GB in the end.

I usually upgrade my iPhone on an annual basis, but this year I'm intending to stick with my 7 Plus as neither the 8 nor the X are compelling me to take the plunge. I've had a play with a Pixel 2 and found it very nice to use with a great camera to boot. Don't think I could make the jump and leave the Apple ecosystem as I'm too entrenched with all our Apple kit.

I'm rocking an Android phone and an iPad Air 2. Prefer android over iOS for the phone part, but tablet-wise it's hard to beat the iPad. Also got a Surface Pro 4 and firmly believe that there is no one company that does everything perfectly.

I still don't understand who the iPad Pro is for though, 2 friends of mine have them, and they use them purely for media consumption, expensive TV and facebook device

Back