Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

Clever idea with great compo - the colours are superb, good job sir....

Hi Allan,

Straight - Loving the owl eyes here too :) Can I get some crayons too?
Unattractive - Coriander and Sprout. Please don't suggest it to the cooks at my office, I think they might actually make it.
Nice use of the tight crop and balancing the off centre composition with the handle of the spoon.

Hi Allan,

Straight - Loving the owl eyes here too :) Can I get some crayons too?
Unattractive - Coriander and Sprout. Please don't suggest it to the cooks at my office, I think they might actually make it.
Nice use of the tight crop and balancing the off centre composition with the handle of the spoon.

Sorry crayons was limited time offer only maybe try looking out for my next exciting offer :whistle:

If you can supply me with the email address of your catering company I can send them the recipe, no need to thank me :hungover:

The first is a good idea but for me the second is a stronger take on the theme.

I prefer the second shot, but I wonder if you rather should have kept the dandelion in focus than it's shadow... or maybe not...

I prefer the second shot, but I wonder if you rather should have kept the dandelion in focus than it's shadow... or maybe not...
That’s a maybe not, I did take one but dandelions are not the most attractive flower especially the back view and as the topic was shadow

Last edited:
I like #2 ... but I think I'd like to see both the dandelion and the shadow in focus.

Nice shots for shadow Allan, I like the one of the dandelion shadow most. The more I look at it the less the oof dandelion bothers me as the shadow is really good

I like #2 ... but I think I'd like to see both the dandelion and the shadow in focus.

You only think you would, believe me I’ve seen both

Nice shots for shadow Allan, I like the one of the dandelion shadow most. The more I look at it the less the oof dandelion bothers me as the shadow is really good
Thanks

Shadow
I think the dandelion is a great shot. A nice composition and strong shadow.

Hi Allan, I prowled around the garden looking for a dandelion clock, there's never one when you want one! that full head works well though, super shadow.
Love the bug on leaf, very well spotted.
Bit early for Dandylion clocks we will be overrun with them in a couple of weeks though
Thanks Susie

Very good Allan, great light, beautifully composed, really like that.

Straight - my eyes are drawn to the knots, personal preference i know but Colour would be nice
Unattractive - made me smile I certainly wouldn't want to eat it, good shot for the menu.
Shadow - I only see one picture so dandelion it is for me, I like that the shadow is sharp and the flower is oof.
Beautiful - I like daisies and they look really good against the dark background.

Straight - my eyes are drawn to the knots, personal preference i know but Colour would be nice
Unattractive - made me smile I certainly wouldn't want to eat it, good shot for the menu.
Shadow - I only see one picture so dandelion it is for me, I like that the shadow is sharp and the flower is oof.
Beautiful - I like daisies and they look really good against the dark background.
Thanks for the catch up

Nice daisies and plantains - weeds are just flowers where people don't want them. :)

Cracking shot that. Love the compo, the lighting and the BG, good job sir.

If I could find a fault, it would only be the single dropped petal on the middle flower - but thats splitting hairs......

OOI, what did you use to hold them up ?

Cracking shot that. Love the compo, the lighting and the BG, good job sir.

If I could find a fault, it would only be the single dropped petal on the middle flower - but thats splitting hairs......

OOI, what did you use to hold them up ?
Thanks, blutack came in very handy

Yes, flowers are popular this week ... this one is magical ... something to do with subject simplicity and lighting. :clap:

Back