Bargains Thread

I'm not a Hasselblad expert by any means so was just going off completed listings that seemed to be between £6-800? Maybe I'm wrong, either way, might be useful to someone :0)

Cheers
Steve

I took a punt on this. I ordered the film on Sunday and it has arrived this morning. Looks ok but obviously I haven't tested it yet.

I've got some as well (this morning), so three people I know have received theirs, so once we know the film is OK we can give the guy feedback (y) or :thumbsdown:
Well I wont be the first as I'm checking out Ferrania from Poundland :help:

erm missed that... maybe someone living in London can pay cash on pickup :cautious:

The seller lives in Hackney and will accept cash on collection, so that solves the zero feedback problem....all thats left is:- would anyone in China bother to make counterfeit film :cautious:

First results from another forum and his results are Ok, I haven't tried mine but have ordered some more. What it boils down to is:- Buying Agfa Vista 36 exp in date OR out of date Kodak gold 100 36 exp for the same price i.e. about £1 a roll. Well I've used Gold 100 asa and I know what I prefer and hope my Gold is OK (y)

Having said in the thread that it might be worth a punt I thought I ought to get some as well. From order to delivery was just three days. Better packed as well than film mail ordered from closer to home!

I too like Kodak Gold so hoping the stock is ok, although the reports elsewhere suggest it will be. Looking forward to eying a few rolls this weekend.

Good spot Brian

MindofMel said:
There is a hassy 500CM and 80mm 2.8 and A12 back and prism for £400 in LCE strand

Did you see that in the shop or on their website?

Not sure if its nationwide, but picked up pack of 3 fujicolor c200 at my local ASDA, seems pretty good since individual packs on the left seems to go for £4.50!
Dated 12/13
SVXdB.jpg

Last edited:
Also Tesco have Gold 200 on reduce to clear which means its cost is steadily trending downwards... At least in my local tesco.

Left the shop now but when I quizzed them they said it was purely due to cosmetics and no WLF but a prism.

They have another right next to it priced at £800

I've seen sellers in the past price down medium format SLRs/TLRs because they don't come with a WLF - and they can be difficult to get hold of sometimes - but still!

At Uxbridge Middx today .... stacks of Agfa Vista 36exp but no Ferrania.

Only really for current Hassy owners (no lens, no back), but this is very interesting:

http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/15-500EL/M_67372.html

A clean WLF and focusing screen can cost more than that... and if you have a charger already, it could be a steal. Even if the batteries are shot, a home-made 6 or 9 volt battery pack seems relatively easy to assemble.

Get yourself a folder, you know you want too. :D

6x6 transparencies are a sight, nearly went out and bought a 6x9 folder just for Velvia. I can only imagine what 4x5 LF slides look like you could just frame them as is.

I seem to remember it being more than that 20+ years ago - though that may have included the lab fees (I'm brave, but processing my own 10x8 Velvia trannies that were for magazine reproduction or for use on billboards was something I was happier outsourcing!) And as for the (almost obligatory) Cibachromes...

I personally almost never wanted the picture - they were paid jobs where the customer insisted that it be shot on that media. As I didn't actually have any of that kit, shooting these jobs usually involved hiring a friends studio "out of hours". So, you'd wheel in at 8:30 in the evening, setup, rig the camera and lights, shoot half a dozen polaroids until you were happy with the exposure, then switch to the velvia - one frame - flash - cross fingers and bite your nails until morning when you could take the tranny for processing at the lab. Half the time I'd stand in the labs reception waiting for the end-results. Frankly, there are times I'm very very happy digital happened (not that I earn a crust in that way anymore) :LOL:

Saw a Kodak Instamatic 50 with a case for £30 at a charity shop today, I told the manager this is a little too much in a very nice manner and she treated me like ****** and said something along the lines of 'We do extensive research before pricing on such specialized stuff'.... I left her to it.

Back