weekly .

Like your heavy entry Roger. Big old trucks and plenty of colour to the image too

I quite like the tight crop, it makes it feel bigger and heavier, good colourful subject.

Like Allan, I was pondering whether it was too tight in the frame but came to the conclusion that it worked to emphasise the size of the lorries. I also like the bright strong reds you've captured.

Couple of lovely looking lorries. Nice bold colours. Looks like a few have been thinking about the tightness of the shot. I think it works but personally would liked to have seen a bit more space around them :)

Doesn't get wetter than that, really good tonal range,for me it feels a bit on the slant but it's a really good take on the theme. Sounds like you suffered for you art, well done for making the effort

Last edited:
Abundance - A very stony beach with pebbles of all shapes and sizes the red one in the middle really stands out among the others.
Heavy - the red stands out and the tight crop makes them feel bigger.
Wet - lovely textures the rock almost looks like a dark surface of water I like it

Agree with everyone else about your wet image - spot on. Rather you than me, playing about in caves though

:agree: ..... I like this, good light, good colours, good textures.

Some interesting choices of books not sure on the exposure looks very dark or the composition looks awkward but I see what you are getting at

Juxtaposition - I didn't like the muted colours but then I realised that is the smoke, an interesting setup good take on the theme

Roger

Juxtaposition, I'm with Minx here aboute the muted colours and it does not look like smoke to me, it's just an overall grey added to the photo to me. I also find the setup strange, if I'm honest it does look very rushed, but I do realise that getting books to stand up is not easy.

Pete

Interestingly different.

Politics and Religion eh? I'm afraid I didn't get that, but smoke & mirrors, yes, somehow.

Hi Roger,
Really like your shot for Wet, that seems something special to me. (y)
The colours, the shine :clap:
Juxtaposition - I'd like to see this have more punch, but then it wouldn't work with your title.

I'm not sure about this weeks submission, I can see what you were going for, and I have no idea how to better execute that, but this photo doesn't work for me I'm afraid...

But the re shoot is a very pleasant to look at landscape shot. Great light, great composition, and I like all the tiny people in pairs (y)

Roger

A pleasant enough image, but it is lacking something, maybe the location of the horizon is too high.
The focal point of the image is missing for me, too many couples for it to be them. Rock headland bottom right does not add anything to the picture for me.

Pete

Juxtaposition
As others have said, it's a little dark, but it works for the theme.

Wet - great image for the theme I like the tones and textures, works incredibly well for the theme.
Juxtaposition - a very different take on the theme, not sure that i get it though. Your re shoot is a pleasant looking image not much more i can add.

Wrong ball altogether mate ;), otherwise it has the potential for a decent photo :)

What a brilliantly simple way of capturing the Oval ball. :clap:

Oval - well captured good choice for the theme and a blue sky.

Great idea, perfectly blue sky and great colours on the ball!

Great shot for the theme Roger, well captured and good composition

Back