weekly Bebop's 52 for 2022 - Week 52: Showcase

Corridor for me BB.
It's a good image whatever the theme.
Your chosen one certainly meets the theme.

Both fit the bill and the simplicity of the corridor make it the one i'd have chosen. Does your husband need a degree to operate all of that musical gubbins?

Corridor for me BB.
It's a good image whatever the theme.
Your chosen one certainly meets the theme.
Thanks Peter. Yes maybe I should have chosen it. I wasn’t sure it was electrical enough.

Both fit the bill and the simplicity of the corridor make it the one i'd have chosen. Does your husband need a degree to operate all of that musical gubbins?
Thanks Jim… see above… next time I’ll risk a shoehorn :) I know it’s ridiculous isn’t it? I’m sure they are all very important to get the right sound at the right time, and I’m not going to stop him having any toys in case he reciprocates :ROFLMAO:

Shoulda gone with you preferred shot Bebop. Wonderful perspective and colours (and definitely electrical enough...)

I'm another one for the corridor shot for perspective and colour.

Week 39: Depict a song...

Something I've been trying to play on the piano this week. Taken early this morning as I realised I needed a darkened room to get my green spotlight to show... so in the spotlight we have...

20221005-OA050170_week39.jpg

Mr Jones's finest!

Clever!
And nicely done. It makes for an unusual shot.

Great! And a great tune too. I really like this, good use of the coloured lights.

Clever!
And nicely done. It makes for an unusual shot.
Thanks Nick :)
Excellent! :clap:
Cheers Simon :)
Great! And a great tune too. I really like this, good use of the coloured lights.
Thanks Jim. It is a tune I love although it is before my time.

I think I'm down the wrong track, I was thinking "The Onion Song", not sure what the green light signifies. Well photographed though.
Thanks Catherine. The tune is 'Green Onions' which I've been having a go at on the piano all week and it didn't occur to me for ages that it was a contender. (They are actually shallots but sssh! ) :LOL:

Week 40: Looking Down

Mr. Bebop often looks down from his jumps, so I was on a mission this morning to see if I could capture it. I also managed to see a Kestrel looking down.

Chosen shot... light was harsh. I managed a better edit in Capture One however there seems to be a bug when I export it. So here is the Photolab edit...

20221007-OA070268_week40.jpg

the kestrel looking down...

20221007-OA070351_1_week40.jpg

Your chosen shot is very good BB. and well executed.
Does the model like it?

I think I've posted the link to the jump over Dawlish Warren before - IIRC it was around 200m (measured on Google Earth). Just in case I haven't, here it is again (I'd bet that Mr Bebop has seen it anyway!!!)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ex7p_kyZE

Great shot BTW - bet the water was a bit chilly!

Cracking shot you've got there of the kitesurfer Bee. Composition is spot on

Nice kite surfy shot!

I think I've posted the link to the jump over Dawlish Warren before - IIRC it was around 200m (measured on Google Earth). Just in case I haven't, here it is again (I'd bet that Mr Bebop has seen it anyway!!!)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ex7p_kyZE

Great shot BTW - bet the water was a bit chilly!
Yes they can go a long way. Olly is on a twin tip board which are much more for jumping and tricks. Mr. Bebop‘s board is like a surf board with straps - only goes in one direction and is good for carving on the waves. There’s a local young lad who does huge jumps on a twin tip and he takes the board off and puts it on again mid jump :) It’s impressive!

Cracking shot you've got there of the kitesurfer Bee. Composition is spot on
Thanks Simon :)

Nice kite surfy shot!
Cheers Dave :)

Reactions: Nod
The kite surfer is a definite winner!

Depict a Song: a classic song...great choice Bebop!

Looking Down: liking both shots Bebop, I would have had a tough time chosing.

Depict a Song: a classic song...great choice Bebop!:ROFLMAO:

Looking Down: liking both shots Bebop, I would have had a tough time chosing.
Thanks Bill. I realised afterwards of course it has no words, so maybe it isn’t a sing after all? Sssshhh don’t tell anyone

Found it now :)
I really like that. A scene of decay and abandonment. It makes you wonder what the story is.
Completely my fault of course - I wasn’t expecting any comments but felt I should add it in.
There is a story behind it and it has been an attraction for photographers for years apparently. There was even talk of preserving it. Bád Eddie: 'Race against time' to save Donegal shipwreck https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-54016000

Depict a song - an excellent representation of a great song.
Looking down. Wow!!

A three week catch up from me. All pretty rubbish I'm afraid, so please don't feel you have to comment. All phone pics apart from the pic of my phone, which I did use the camera for.

Week 41: Rustic - taken in the correct week, but unable to process and resize before today. Taken from our car.

20221029-IMG_8251rustic.jpg

Week 42: Precision -
not sure I've got my digits properly in focus but PABD - limited lighting opportunities.

20221102-OB020184_1-precision.jpg

Week 43: Vehicles and tech - shadows

Taken with my phone and rubbish quality, but I felt it fit the theme better than some I got on my camera. It was taken in the correct week.

20221031-IMG_8301vehicle-shadow.jpg

I spent some time today waiting for a car to be framed by this arch in the Sierra Nevada - impressive huh? :LOL: Can you spot it? I didn't realise how far away the road was :rolleyes:. Taken with my phone as I'm still unable to carry the weight of my camera if I walk any distance. I was hoping it would fit the shadow tech too, but I think I'm safest going with the horse and cart.

20221102-IMG_8345vehicle.jpg

All on theme, and they all work for me as images. I'd venture that the motion blur and softness in the horse shot don't matter at all. There's a feeling to it, and the composition works really well.

I like the phone idea and your horse and carriage are well composed.
You've caught the concentration on the driver's face as well as the outfit's sense of movement.
Hopefully you will soon be back to full camera fitness.

Nice catchup set Bee. Impressed by the size of the haystack!!!!!, o_O

Even if you are not happy with these shots Bebop, I really like the last two images. I know the horse is not fully in focus but it's still a lovely image and like the last one the most.
All on theme, and they all work for me as images. I'd venture that the motion blur and softness in the horse shot don't matter at all. There's a feeling to it, and the composition works really well.
I like the phone idea and your horse and carriage are well composed.
You've caught the concentration on the driver's face as well as the outfit's sense of movement.
Hopefully you will soon be back to full camera fitness.
Nice catchup set Bee. Impressed by the size of the haystack!!!!!, o_O
Thank you all for taking the time to comment. You really are too kind managing to come up with some positives.

That haystack was truly huge. That was only about a third of it and some had impressively toppled but there was no scale without the car.

Week 44: Autumnal

There's not a lot of autumnal colour here, but I did spot these pomegranates which I thought would meet the brief as they are shedding their seeds. Taken during a beautiful sunset. Unfortunately a bit breezy so lots of blurry shots as I had to use a low shutter speed.

My chosen shot -

20221104-OB040017-autumn.jpg

And another where you can still see the seeds...

20221104-OB040012_1-autumn.jpg

Lovely shots Bee. The autumnal colours captured perfectly, and both nice sharp detailed shots.

Back