weekly Bernd's 52 in 2018 - week 21/22: hard/creatures

Hi mate :).

Lovely shots of birds, both of them - I tried family of ducks today, but they didn't like me much and legged it. How did you shoot them city rats?

Match - I like composition, good choice of matching pair, they stand out nicely.

haha .. socks .. neat idea, element of humour. ;)

Geese ... clean, sharp and cute. (y)

Pigeons ... nice, verging on creepy. Probably the best pigeon shot I've ever seen. :clap:

Good catch up, the pigeons are very good and the socks are a really good interpretation of the theme.

3 good pics who doesn’t like a gosling, great low down shot of the pigeons, really like that and you do own some jazzy socks good idea for the theme

Yep, what he said B.....guessing the Pigeons were on timer or baited ?

Ive only got black socks.... :(

Lovely shots of birds, both of them - I tried family of ducks today, but they didn't like me much and legged it. How did you shoot them city rats?

Match - I like composition, good choice of matching pair, they stand out nicely.
Thank you Tom!

haha .. socks .. neat idea, element of humour. ;)

Geese ... clean, sharp and cute. (y)

Pigeons ... nice, verging on creepy. Probably the best pigeon shot I've ever seen. :clap:
Thank you David!

Good catch up, the pigeons are very good and the socks are a really good interpretation of the theme.
Thanks Chris!

Nice little catch up Bernd, but that shot for low is the best one for the theme so far, one hell of a great shot.
Cheers Dave!

Yep, what he said B.....guessing the Pigeons were on timer or baited ?

Ive only got black socks.... :(
Thanks Mark! Life is too short for wearing boring socks! Pigeons were baited, doesn't take much, feral pigeons like their food :)

Straight - a lovely image for the theme, plenty of straights to be seen with in the image and the b&w works very well for the image.
Unattractive - a good image of an all to common site in the UK.
Shadow - a nice capture shot, tho i find the discarded water bottles a tad distracting.
Beautiful - baby geese do look cute, image would be much better if you had been able to catch them swimming towards the camera, some lovely feather detail in the 2 adult geese.
Low - a superb shot, great eye detail and feather detail in the pigeons, i really like this alot.
Match - simple does what it says on the tin. nice collection of socks.

Match shot works really well Sir, great idea and well thought out.(y)

George.

Hi Brrnd,

Beautiful - Fit's the theme, but it's not trains ;)
Low - Loving this shot. There is something terrifying about those rats with wings, and getting down and dirty with them emphasises it.
Match - First sock shot I've seen for the theme. Nice and bright and a scene from most households I suspect.

Straight - a lovely image for the theme, plenty of straights to be seen with in the image and the b&w works very well for the image.
Unattractive - a good image of an all to common site in the UK.
Shadow - a nice capture shot, tho i find the discarded water bottles a tad distracting.
Beautiful - baby geese do look cute, image would be much better if you had been able to catch them swimming towards the camera, some lovely feather detail in the 2 adult geese.
Low - a superb shot, great eye detail and feather detail in the pigeons, i really like this alot.
Match - simple does what it says on the tin. nice collection of socks.
Thank you Mandy!

Match shot works really well Sir, great idea and well thought out.(y)
Cheers George!

Beautiful - Fit's the theme, but it's not trains ;)
Low - Loving this shot. There is something terrifying about those rats with wings, and getting down and dirty with them emphasises it.
Match - First sock shot I've seen for the theme. Nice and bright and a scene from most households I suspect.
Thanks Tim!

I've been out to walk past the usual busker spots yesterday afternoon, and I was spoilt for choice as they were out so were out in droves.

Trumpeting 'Happy Birthday to You':

week 20: music
by Bernd, on Flickr

Singing 'Hallelujah':

week 20: music
by Bernd, on Flickr

Liking both these ... #2 Singing 'Hallelujah': looks like the kind of guy who might be into Jeff Buckley, ............. fab OOF BG too.

#2 for me too, bit of a shame the trumpeter was in the shade in the first, he looks like an interesting character.

Two good shots either one for me
Thank you Allan!

Liking both these ... #2 Singing 'Hallelujah': looks like the kind of guy who might be into Jeff Buckley, ............. fab OOF BG too.
Thanks David!

I think #2 for me, there seems to be more energy.
Thank you Tim!

#2 for me too, bit of a shame the trumpeter was in the shade in the first, he looks like an interesting character.
Thank you Chris!

#2 for me as well, belting his heart out and both on theme.
Thanks Dave!

Hi Bernd ....lots of photos on your thread since I last looked ...the goslings are quite magical, really super shot with Mum and Dad joining in too ...they couldn't have posed better for you.
Pigeons ...now that is an absolute smasher ...I do really like that, focus is spot on.
Match ...had a smile at that one ....bright and colourful and I like the way socks fill the frame.
Music ...difficult to choose really, the chap on the trumpet is putting lots of effort in, but then so is the guitarist, I'dprobably choose #2 as the composition works slightly better.

Two very nice Music shots Sir, both easily on theme and well presented, with #2 being my preferred shot. (y)

George.

Beautiful - Great take on the theme (shame they weren't swans;))

Low - I like that great low angle of view

Match - Love it great fun take on the theme

Music - 2 great shoots for the theme No 2 just edges it for me

Hi Bernd ....lots of photos on your thread since I last looked ...the goslings are quite magical, really super shot with Mum and Dad joining in too ...they couldn't have posed better for you.
Pigeons ...now that is an absolute smasher ...I do really like that, focus is spot on.
Match ...had a smile at that one ....bright and colourful and I like the way socks fill the frame.
Music ...difficult to choose really, the chap on the trumpet is putting lots of effort in, but then so is the guitarist, I'dprobably choose #2 as the composition works slightly better.
Thank you Susie!

Two very nice Music shots Sir, both easily on theme and well presented, with #2 being my preferred shot. (y)
Thanks George!

Beautiful - Great take on the theme (shame they weren't swans;))

Low - I like that great low angle of view

Match - Love it great fun take on the theme

Music - 2 great shoots for the theme No 2 just edges it for me
Thank you Mark!

Slight lack of motivation and inspiration here... but I'll soldier on for the moment...

2H pencils are noticeably harder than 2B pencils.

week 21: hard
by Bernd, on Flickr

Two nice shots Bernd pencil I’m surprised no one else came up with a similar idea and you are right who doesn’t like ducklings

I’m finding it hard to motivate myself too

Hi Bernd

Beautiful, nice family photo, plenty of detail and colour are good.

Low, nice colours on that first pigeon. Shame about the rooftop over the one on the right.

Match, clever take on the theme

Music, prefer the second one due to it being more focused on the singer against the background.

Hard, you are right about pencils.

Creatures, cute duckings.

Pete

The pencil shot works well, you can see the lead sinking into the paper.

and cute Creatures.

Hard is a good idea an well composed but perhaps a tad dark?
What's not to like about ducklings, good find for the theme.

Hi Bernd,

Hard - Plenty of detail and as Allan says, surprised no one else had done it first. To me it feels a bit dark, losing detail in the hand to shadows, but that's purely me.

Creatures - :) and another non bug image (y)
It did make me chuckle the way the central duckling has got itself tangled in the tiny plant. Fun shot.

Hard - Nice shot well composed. Like the oof pencils leading into the hand. Nice and sharp (the focus and the pencil.)

Creature - 3 beautiful ducklings. Good job getting the background slightly blurred so as not to interfere with the ducklings.

That's an original idea for Hard, Bernd, especially as you say you are lacking motivation. I have just been through a similar slump myself but we always seem to come out the other side. I like the idea and the execution very much :clap:
The ducklings are a lovely little group, super cute and I like the way they're all doing something different :)

Back