Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

I'm currently watching "homeland" on Netlix, CIA thing, lots of twists and turns, some predictable others no so much.
I knew one of the main characters looked familiar, under all that hair and beard, and then it clicked.

It's Mandy ( Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die ) Patinkin.
He play's a good part too.

Jeez that must be at least 10 years old!

Jeez that must be at least 10 years old!
I'm not proud, I'll watch anything that looks good :D
Although, I'm about half way through and its about 5 years ago.

It seems it ran from 2011-2020

We've started "Under the dome." It's about a small town that suddenly finds itself enclosed in an as yet mysterious dome. I was hoping for maybe a Midwich Cukoos or Lord of the flies sort of thing but I have to say I've lost interest as the town seems to be full of predictable and unlikeable cardboard characters and situations. Apart from the large lady at the local radio station I can't see a single other likeable character.

It's based on a Stephen King book. I've seen quite a few screen and movie adaptations of his books that I've thought were weak and for me this is another one. Apologies to those who like it.

Also on and off watching Orphan Black. I thought it was a good idea but for me as the episodes have gone on it's just become ridiculous and laughable.

Loving Night Agent, I've binge watched 9 of them in the last 3 days !!
I watched a couple of episodes, and got bored with it TBH

A series my wife and I have just enjoyed is called 'The Glory' on Netflix, it is Korean with English subtitles (or you can choose the dubbed version, of course). It's a suspenseful story with plenty of plot twists. Well worth a watch if you like psychological drama and a good story line.

Just a heads up that season 2 of Sweet Tooth is out April 27th on Netflix

Watched rowan Atkinson in man-v- bee last weekend bloody hilarious

Same, I downloaded the first few episodes to my phone to watch on a flight for distraction [terrible flyer!] - But found it a chore to get through the first episode, I tried to get into it but nope, not for me. Luckily I'd also downloaded a documentary about Big Cats :D

We watched the whole thing. Thought it was ok without being amazing. It suffers from the usual problem with spy thrillers:

The FBI/CIA/Whoever can track a baddie instantly but somehow can’t see the wronged hero when he’s parked outside their offices or walking through a bust station.

I'm currently watching "homeland" on Netlix, CIA thing, lots of twists and turns, some predictable others no so much.
I knew one of the main characters looked familiar, under all that hair and beard, and then it clicked.

It's Mandy ( Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die ) Patinkin.
He play's a good part too.
It's great, stick with it all the way to the last episode.

True Lies, one of my favourite Arnie films. Now a Disney+ series. WHY??

Because they can.

True Lies, one of my favourite Arnie films. Now a Disney+ series. WHY??

They also own Die Hard... Not sure Bruce Willis is up to it these days though. :(

Watched the 1st two episodes of 'The Diplomat' ( Netflix) throughly enjoyed them. Written by Aaron Sorkin ( West Wing) so excellent pedigree. Very 'talky ' but sharp often humorous dialogue and the leading lady ( the diplomat) gives a ' tour de force' performance.

Watched the 1st two episodes of 'The Diplomat' ( Netflix) throughly enjoyed them. Written by Aaron Sorkin ( West Wing) so excellent pedigree. Very 'talky ' but sharp often humorous dialogue and the leading lady ( the diplomat) gives a ' tour de force' performance.
It's on my list.

Following a recommendation, I started to watch Picard series 4 on Prime but gave up part way because it is too dark. I see from a Google search that the producers have admitted it is too dark and was due to a technical error. So yesterday I decided to watch the last part of Bernard Corwell's "The Last Kingdom" entitled "Seven Kings Must Die". This was also too dark though not quite as bad as Picard. you only have to look at an earlier series to see how bad it is though. What the hell is going on; do the producers no longer know how to make these programmes?

Dave

I watched 3 of them today, much better than I was expecting, some great characters. I've also started watching "Shooter" that looks fairly good.

I've also started watching "Shooter" that looks fairly good.
I saw that recently, it's worth staying with it,
There is more to it than first appears.

Mindcage on Prime was OK

Binge watching "Still Game" ... very unlikely it could be made in this current "PC" world.
Our local pub ... yep we still have one ... is "twinned" with the Clansman and comes complete with it's own Boabby

So I've just finished season 1 of Diplomat, I love it. Looking forward to Season 2.

Also completed the last season of the Mandolorian last week. Proper Star Wars stuff that, another brilliant series. "It is the way...."

I don't think it's on Prime or NF but I started watching 'From' on an app that I have for the Android box. Only 3 ep's in, but I would safely say if you're into Stephen King type stories then this is worth a look in.

I watched a 4-parter UK drama 'The Sister' which is on NF and also worth a shout

And a one off 7-episode UK hospital drama called 'This is going to hurt' [not on NF afaik] that was really very good, if not a bit depressing

Last edited:
Just started the new season 2 of sweet tooth.
It's taking me a little while to get back into it, but I'm sticking with it.

Ray Donovan is a great series. I know its old. Currently on 7th series....

Also Billions was good....

And Succession

Watched the first 2 episodes of Citadel on Amazon Prime. Don't waste your time watching it. It's Jason Bourne meets James Bond meets The Man from Uncle and doesn't come close to any of those productions.

I've often had the feeling that Amazon films are trying too hard, and this rather confirms that.

I've often had the feeling that Amazon films are trying too hard, and this rather confirms that.
I've also found that an increasing number are foreign films with dubbed speech some better than others but not many.

I've also found that an increasing number are foreign films with dubbed speech some better than others but not many.
They generally give the original audio with English subtitles as an option. I'd generally avoid anything dubbed.

They generally give the original audio with English subtitles as an option. I'd generally avoid anything dubbed.
And I also anything with subtitles. I find it a distraction TBH

A few on Paramount+

Wolf Pack - Really good. Open ended so really hoping for a season 2
La Brea - 5 episodes in and interesting. Has "Lost" feel to it.
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Wasn't a fan of Discovery, but this is back to basics and all the better for it.

:coat:

Back