Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

The Recruit.
Very good series and ends well ( :) ) unlike so many series.

Netflix 30min film: The Flight Before Christmas. Aardmann. With Shaun of the Sheep and all the familiar chase scenes.

We started watching a series last week on one of the above Heirs of the Night or something, went back to see some more episodes and they’ve put it onto a new fee paying section, not dear but!
Sorry about the vagueness, guess who doesn’t get the remote control.

Heirs of the Night or something, went back to see some more episodes and they’ve put it onto a new fee paying section, not dear but!
I agree that is a bit norty especially as its a BBC production.
Not sure where you are up to, but it seems S2 Ep13 and previous are on you tube.
I've not watched it, but it does look good.

Last edited:
I just realised, I watched it on Prime. It was Star Trek Strange New Worlds I needed Paramount for.

If your a sky subscriber Paramount is available as a freebie.

Couple I've watched/watching on Prime:

Jack Ryan: really enjoyed this; held a good pace. Quite like John Krasinski as an actor.
The Terminal List: also enjoyed this.
Reacher: At first I wasn't sure about Alan Ritchson, but he grows on you and is technically far more authentic than Cruise. Lacked a bit of realism but entertaining enough.
The Blacklist: currently watching and whilst it's all highly improbably there are some interesting plot lines.

I'm enjoying The Sweeney on prime - the cars, the clothes, the accents and the behaviour, smoking and drinking in work time. London just like it always was.

I'm enjoying The Sweeney on prime
Good God! there's blast from the past, I catch the odd episode from time to time on terrestrial TV.
And I agree about the cars clothes etc.]
Reacher: At first I wasn't sure about Alan Ritchson, but he grows on you
It was a good series, I enjoyed it, TBH even though he's a little short arse, I quite liked both of Tom Cruises films too.

I've not long finished "spooks" (MI5) on now tv, although I know that it's pure fiction, but it makes you think that its not,
and TBH I can see how so much of it could be fact.

Britbox has Demspey and Makepeace. Remember watching that years ago. It's absolutely daft.

Tried NYPD blue on Prime which I thought was supposed to be really good but I have no idea why. Gave up part way through series 2 as it still wasn't worth watching.

The Gold on BBC Iplayer has been really good. Vaguely remember it on the news when I was little so it was good to have a rough idea of what went on at the time.

Britbox has Demspey and Makepeace. Remember watching that years ago. It's absolutely daft.
Used to enjoy that, can't imagine it's aged very well though.
Tried NYPD blue on Prime which I thought was supposed to be really good but I have no idea why. Gave up part way through series 2 as it still wasn't worth watching.
Poor attempt to recreate the success of the excellent Hill Street Blues.
The Gold on BBC Iplayer has been really good. Vaguely remember it on the news when I was little so it was good to have a rough idea of what went on at the time.
You just made me feel old! :LOL:

Used to enjoy that, can't imagine it's aged very well though.
I dunno, she's not looking too bad :)
Oh I see what you mean :D

Carnival Row is back on Amazon Prime, season 2.

I finished Clarkson's Farm the other day. I want more :D

I was disappointed to see that a couple of things I watched have been cancelled, Night Sky and Six.

I see that Outer Range and The Peripheral will both have new series. Good.

Last edited:
The Last of Us on Now is very good as is Alaska Daily on Disney+

Rewatching Orphan Black, brilliant performance from Tatiana Maslany playing so many different characters.

We have prime but I have to pay to see Orphan Black :oops: :$

I think it's a lot cheaper to buy the DVD box set than watch it on Prime, unless I'm missing something.

Last edited:
We have prime but I have to pay to see Orphan Black :oops: :$

I think it's a lot cheaper to buy the DVD box set than watch it on Prime, unless I'm missing something.
Its on the C4 app to stream free albeit with adverts

If you like eastern European/Scandi crime then The fury is pretty good (as with most of these things it is subtitled). Good story lines and a decent length series. It's on Amazon Prime

I clicked on 'Red Rose' one night as it was in my recommendations. I had no clue what it was about - ended up binging all 8 episodes over 3 nights. Pretty decent UK teen thriller/suspense/drama

Also finished season 2 of Alice in Borderland, anyone who enjoyed Squid Game shouldn't hesitate, just get on it

I've just finished watching "Suits" a legal drama, on NOW TV.

Its not bad, plenty of twists and turns, and power play.
And actually Meghan Markle is not a bad actress.

I've just finished watching "Suits" a legal drama, on NOW TV.

Its not bad, plenty of twists and turns, and power play.
And actually Meghan Markle is not a bad actress.

I felt it got a bit "same old, same old" after series 5. I have however just realised that series 3 of Jack Ryan is out, and I've had a lazy morning hitting the first 3 episodes, great watch....

I felt it got a bit "same old, same old" after series 5.
I agree that there did appear to be a bit of a lull half way through.
Did you watch it all? IMO it did pick up in the last few seasons,
With all the power play.

Poker Face is worth a look if you see it. The main character can tell if someone is lying when they answer a question. She is on the run, and gets mixed up in murder mysteries as she travels around. It is harking back to the murder mysteries of the 70's and 80's. They even have the retro yellow titles like something from a 'Quinn Martin' production. ;) The series was created by Rian Johnson (Knives Out, Star Wars).

Something similar, murder mysteries, this time ex cop solving crimes, set in New Zealand, My Life Is Murder.

Both are pretty good, and get good scores on IMDB.

I agree that there did appear to be a bit of a lull half way through.
Did you watch it all? IMO it did pick up in the last few seasons,
With all the power play.
No, I think I gave up by the mid/end of series 5. Loved the concept, but there is only so far you can take it.

No, I think I gave up by the mid/end of series 5. Loved the concept, but there is only so far you can take it.
Fair enough. I considered giving it up too, but I stuck with it, and I'm glad I did

Been binging a lot of Disney

War of the worlds.. liked this a lot, seems very under rated

Chippendales.. not sure how much is based on truth but similarly enjoyed it.

The old man.. looking forward to season 2, good to see a more realistic take on an aged character

Ando.. by far my favourite Star Wars series, I know everyone likes mandarin but I liked how this more more serious.

Willow.. sadly disappointing but I fallowed through and watched it all.

Bear..if you liked kitchen confidential this is similar but more real and gritty.. was a chef for years so always enjoy these style of shows( beautifully shot also)

Prime..

Started or still watching

Picard. Nice spin on the treky universe
Man in the high castle… enjoying it I guess but it doesn’t hold me if you know what I mean. Pick up an episode here and there.

Clarksons farm., one of my favourite shows recently. Binged it in two days.

Only just signed back up to Netflix but haven’t even started watching much on it bad the start of season 2 Vikings Valhalla

I'm currently watching "homeland" on Netlix, CIA thing, lots of twists and turns, some predictable others no so much.
I knew one of the main characters looked familiar, under all that hair and beard, and then it clicked.

It's Mandy ( Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die ) Patinkin.
He play's a good part too.

Last edited:
Back