weekly Blush's 52s for 2015; Weeks 50, 51 and 52: Christmas

Week 49: Down

I have several shots which I took on Thursday (I am actually on time for the deadline :D) last week but I was not satisfied... The first ones are just average shots.

Shot #1: The Down Arrow

Down part 1 by Nora P., on Flickr

and shot #2: Going Down - A shot of the entrance of a basement parking lot in a flat where I work

Down part 2 by Nora P., on Flickr

On Friday last week I got an idea, but it took some time to execute it.. So here goes:

Shot #3: Watered Down

(Watered) Down by Nora P., on Flickr

The idea was from a famous drink sold by diners when I was young. It was made of watered down colourful syrup. So I went to a traditional diner and ordered this drink, reminisced and took a picture. Pardon for a bad background, I was quite desperate to get the shot done :D

All very valid and well taken shots, Nora (y)

#2 there for me Nora, due to the unusual perspective.
Although, it needs straightening up, the horizon isn't level.

#3 is a cool idea, and I love the way you've captured the cordial/syrup before it mixes with the water at the top.
I'm going to mention the horizon again though... :)

No.2 definitely .. tho it could probably do with a straighten ... cool stuff. (y)

remember less is more ;)

#2 there for me Nora, due to the unusual perspective.
Although, it needs straightening up, the horizon isn't level.

#3 is a cool idea, and I love the way you've captured the cordial/syrup before it mixes with the water at the top.
I'm going to mention the horizon again though... :)

Thanks for dropping by, Tim. Noted on the horizon thing, should have used a tripod to keep it level (y)

No.2 definitely .. tho it could probably do with a straighten ... cool stuff. (y)

remember less is more ;)

Hi, David... Thank you for dropping by and commenting ;) Will try it out definitely... I forgot there was that function though :thinking: And yes, less is always more... That's the rule of thumb :D

Thanks for dropping by, Tim. Noted on the horizon thing, should have used a tripod to keep it level (y)
I wouldn't bother with the tripod too much as it will make getting the shot harder.
Make sure you take a wider shot than you need and then correct the horizon in PP. Most editing software will have a straighten tool of some kind.

Hi Nora ...three excellent ideas there, I really like the downward slope, but you've done well with catching the liquid going into the glass ....not an easy one to do. I agree about the tripod ...I find them a nuisance on the whole, I only use one when absolutely necessary, as Tim says have a quick look in your software it's sure to have straighten.

Three excellent ideas for the theme Nora. Probably #3 for me with that syrup caught en route Down. Yes, tripods are a nuisance but the closer the shot the greater the need ..... unless you can get a really fast shutter speed. Well done. :clap:

I wouldn't bother with the tripod too much as it will make getting the shot harder.
Make sure you take a wider shot than you need and then correct the horizon in PP. Most editing software will have a straighten tool of some kind.

Noted, Tim... Thanks again, I will surely check on the software (y)

Hi Nora ...three excellent ideas there, I really like the downward slope, but you've done well with catching the liquid going into the glass ....not an easy one to do. I agree about the tripod ...I find them a nuisance on the whole, I only use one when absolutely necessary, as Tim says have a quick look in your software it's sure to have straighten.

Hello, Susie.. Thank you for the kind words and your compliment :love:

Three excellent ideas for the theme Nora. Probably #3 for me with that syrup caught en route Down. Yes, tripods are a nuisance but the closer the shot the greater the need ..... unless you can get a really fast shutter speed. Well done. :clap:

:banana::banana::banana: Thank you, Carl..

Hi Nora,

I think No.3 has it for me. It's well composed - it leads my eye down the slope and leaves me thinking as to what is around the corner.

3 for me as well, nice take on the theme and I like the way you captured the process of watering down

Hey Nora :)

Sorry I somehow missed your thread start, some nice shots already, liking your Connected shot the most, real nice light, good detail and a real nice quirky PoV (y)

:ty: That one is my favourite too among everything (y)

3 for me as well, nice take on the theme and I like the way you captured the process of watering down

Thanks, Chris! Glad the idea works well :woot:

Last edited:
Sorry everyone, so many things happened this December that I didn't have the time to post my pictures. Pictures are taken, but no time to process them, so now that everything is starting to look like normal again, I posted them all at once... :D

Week 50: Organised
A pile of cut down branches at my work place; the workers tried their best to organise them, but came up with this pile instead. An essential for winter fire, a pile of wood :D

Organised by Nora P., on Flickr

Week 51: Living
This flower always blooms after a day of rain. Initially I wanted to capture how this flower grows amid the aloe veras - which I just knew is a kind of cactus - but when I took this picture, it was just after a drizzle and these little guys were just out and about. So instead of getting the flower's struggle to live between the cactus, I got these little guys instead :LOL:

Living by Nora P., on Flickr

Week 52: Christmas

Christmas by Nora P., on Flickr

And DONE!!! Thank you, everyone, for the critique and helping tips and tricks... It has been really fun and I look forward to the next set of 52s :wave:

Last edited:
Great catch up Nora, love the Lego Santa (y)

Hey Nora. Hope you had a nice Christmas - happy new year. Great catch-up - well done on finishing. All three are good but Living and Christmas are amazing - such vibrant colours and detail. :clap:

Great catch up Nora, love the Lego Santa (y)

:ty: :banana::banana::banana:

Hey Nora. Hope you had a nice Christmas - happy new year. Great catch-up - well done on finishing. All three are good but Living and Christmas are amazing - such vibrant colours and detail. :clap:

And to you and your loved ones too, Carl :beer:Thanks for your kind comments... I'm afraid my poor pocket camera was a bit overworked to catch those two ants in full details, luckily it survived :D
:canon: when it comes to pocket cameras :D

Back