weekly BobBCN 52 (Wk 52 - BUSY added)

Shadow, bang on theme Bob, nice distinct sharp shadow.
I feel a different pose from yourself would have brought a little more to the composition I feel its a little unbalanced with what I guess is your bag.
Good work besides that though (y)

Hi Bob

good shot for Shadow...& it may be due to the fact I over indulged on the falling down juice last night but I'm seeing something very wrong with the shadow caused by your bag...looks like an elephants trunk :LOL:

Thanks for the comments once again!

Here's a quick catch up with Glow and Round. End of term more or less, very busy so apologies for not getting round to leave comments. Soon, I hope!

GLOW - totally boring shot but there you go.

49. Glow by BobBCN, on Flickr​

In fact, I spent more time on ROUND. First the exposure, as I wanted blur in the ball bearings. That didn't take too long to get about right,. Then I decided I wanted the blue 'deciding' ball bearing to be at the front on the left. That was fun! :bonk:

50. Round by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Glow - I quite like the simplicity of this. The glow of the bulb and the delicate outline of the shade works well.

Round - Very clever. It would have been so much easier to have not spun the ball bearings so the motion blur gives an extra edge. Well done for having the patience to get the blue ball in the right place.

Hi Bob, I also like the slimplicity of your glow shot - it couldn't of been easy exposing that one!:)

Round - I love the lighting on this and again the slimplicity of it. I don't know how long it took you to get the blue ball at the front but it was worth it as the added colour finishes it off!:)

Hi Bob, I've missed a few of yours; can you put them in the main thread please :)

Shadow I have to admit I'm not so keen on. It's a very clearly defined shadow, but the composition doesn't do a lot for me. Still, you did say you were short for time, so well done for getting a shot in :)

Glow I like a lot, very simplistic, but I'd have liked to see the bulb on the third, possibly with a completely black background?

Round is great! I love the motion blur you've got in there; just the perfect amount :)

glow, would like to see this cropped down a bit, the bulb looks a bit lost in all the dead space around it, I can barely see the shade on my monitor so it is kinda wasted on me lol

round - absolutely love this one, can't fault it :clap:

Hi Bob

loving that Round shot , beautifully sharp, bit of motion blur....& a big (y) for having the patience to get the blue ball where you wanted it , adds a really nice hint of color :clap:

Glow...all's been said , simple, effective , well exposed & I like the fact the BG is'nt totally black (y)

WEEK 51 - Negative - just made normal photo negative, kinda lazy after hectic last week of term.

Porsche 934 (2) by BobBCN, on Flickr​

At this busy time of year I reckon that red-suited gent will find his way into this week's offerings. I'm off to find one right now .....

Hi Bob

Negative - spot on theme and well handled . Intriguing as to whether it is full size or scalextric as the negative treatment makes either a possibility.

like the 'vapour' trail

I can set your mind at rest with a quick upload of the original! Scalextric it is and that vapour trail (which I too thought looked neat in the negative) turns out to be part of a kind of fence decoration! (y)

Thanks for commenting!

934 original by BobBCN, on Flickr​

I think that works well because although it's "just" a negative, the fact that the shadows have become highlights, especially under the car, gives it some real energy. I can almost feel the heat coming off the tyres and exhaust!

Well spotted Mark. Yeah I know what you mean. I'd seen a similar treatment with a 1:1 shot and the 'white heat' struck me too. So, when I thought of doing a negative I chose one of my Porsches.

(Must have about 40, but sadly they are all scale 1:32!!)

So here's BUSY - as this chap certainly will be tonight. Dunno why he's smiling!

52. Busy by BobBCN, on Flickr​

I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the trouble to look in and comment and I wish I'd had more time and knowhow to reciprocate.

Next year I'm planning to do a 365 but I'm going to incorporate a thematic element so what I have learnt here should stand me in good stead. TP is a fine forum and the 52 lot an important part of it. :clap:

Merry Christmas to all the fellow 52ers and hoping you ally have a photographically fantastic New Year!!! (y) (y) (y)

Love it Bob, very very festive, and I love the close crop.

Are the bokeh spots (which look good), from something in front of Santa?

Merry Christmas :)

Hi Mark,

I think the spots were reflections on the glass as it was shot through a shop window.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!!

Negative - The subject makes it look like one of those police helicopter shot using the thermal imaging cameras.

Busy - Ignoring the reflections I'm loving this one. The colours are superb.

Congratulations on completing your 52.

Hi Bob :)

Catch up time, sorry but it will be brief as I want to get comments up to date :)

Shadow - A nice strong shadow, looks like you had problems with the strong light, the B&W helps in my opinion, spot on for the theme :)

Glow - Liking the Energy saving Light, gives an interesting twist to the image

Round - Love the lighting of the ball-bearing, would have liked to see less of a shadow on the surface, but there again that would ruin the nice composition you have, as it does fill the frame well - Like it (y)

Negative - that has a good feel/glow to it too, plenty going on in the shot that helps it work for me

Busy - A perfect festive end to your 2012 52, good luck with your 365 in 2013, I will do my best to pop in and subscribe

Well done in completing your 52 on time Bob :clap:

Back