weekly BobBCN's 52 for 2024 (WEEKS 16 - EMPTY added)

Cool, a little bit more involved than I remember them being from my childhood.

Yeah, I had a figure of 8 as a kid!! This is another world. Everything calibrated, 3D printed chassis etc etc. But the old models still work! Unlike photography, we are still very analogue!

Very tidy, can see a lot of work goes into setting up the tracks and the cars.

Cool that looks like a fab way to spend some time. I had a Scalextric when I was a kid. Hours of fun, and many crashes!

Very tidy, can see a lot of work goes into setting up the tracks and the cars.

Cheers. Yes, a lot of hours. Might do a series of images at some point to show the whole process.

Cool that looks like a fab way to spend some time. I had a Scalextric when I was a kid. Hours of fun, and many crashes!

Thanks. Yes, didn't we all! No, crashes nowadays, though. Well, when there's a novice or two maybe. Usually the cars just come off the track and have to be put back on by the "driver's" mates. Rallies are won and lost at these moments.

Reactions: nog
Nicely neat and tidy club house. I'm not seeing much in the way of intrusive noise, which given iso 6400 is good.
I must say I really like W6 (3). The detail on those models are fantastic :)

That looks like a terrific set-up Bob. Must have taken some time. Nicely photographed too.

Snappers: I like the posted shot.. it does have mystery
Neat and tidy - plus lots of fun.

Nicely neat and tidy club house. I'm not seeing much in the way of intrusive noise, which given iso 6400 is good.
I must say I really like W6 (3). The detail on those models are fantastic :)
Cheers! Tampography has come a long way!

That looks like a terrific set-up Bob. Must have taken some time. Nicely photographed too.
Thanks. On average two people need about 10 hours from start to finish, without hitches.
Snappers: I like the posted shot.. it does have mystery
Neat and tidy - plus lots of fun.
Thank you Helen. Glad you got the mystery!

WEEK 7 - FILTHY
The pasta boiled over, but I snapped it up!!

Once again it was indoors and flourescent so I set the ISO at 200, and went for a 5 second exposure at f25.

The second image (which occured a bit later) meant I had to go back to the kitchen and set the tripod up again. The added light from the gas made me opt for a slightly shorter exposure and slightly wider aperture. (Yes, those photography books are still on the coffee table, with the bolognese actually!!)

W7 (1) by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

W7 (2) by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Nice images. I like the blue of the flame in the second.

Agree with Simon re the blue flames. Not sure about the f25, don’t think I’ve ever used that

WEEK 8 - WHOLE

A complicated theme for me but .......

In this case I feel a photo doesn't do this glorious sunset justice. It practically filled the whole sky (well towards the west at least) ......

Taken from the balcony of a house in the Pyrenees with the (almost bereft of snow) Cadí mountain range in the distance. (That would be France looking towards Spain).

W8 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Filthy...good take on the theme.
Whole.. wow, stunning sunset. Excellent.

Fab sunset shot! Quick off the mark there!

Yes! Well I took it the weekend before!!

Gorgeous....I have blanket grey sky and it's belting it down here lol

I sometimes miss English weather. Well, maybe just Christmas Day!!

Taking up the WHOLE sky I bet ;)

It did an' all. And that's the truth, the whole truth and now I'm ranting.

Filthy...good take on the theme.
Whole.. wow, stunning sunset. Excellent.

Cheers Helen!!

WEEK 9 - HIDDEN

In the endless pursuit of sweets, some grandchildren (not mine) gave me the idea for this shot of hands (not mine either). Actually taken in a darkened kitchen with the lighting coming from the extractor above the hob. This is the best of the bunch, of about 20, and was actually the last one. Obviously really, when you just know that you have got what you wanted, and the 'model' in question had had enough!!

W9 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Well thunk out Bob :)

Well thunk out Bob :)

Great use of the available lights, very effective, nice shot

Good idea Bob and good detail especially considering the light used

That works well and the lighting is complimentary to the theme.

Great idea and use of light which adds to the theme.

Pete

Thanks for the comments. It actually turned out darker than I wanted, but it makes it even more hidden!!

Nice idea. I think the darkness adds to the drama of the image.

WEEK 10 - TEXTURE

W10 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

She sells sea shells etc ........

Texture-wise pretty average but (see second photo) just bizarre. It's the facade of a house but not, as you might expect, on the coast. It's actually in a small town called St Cugat which I guess is about 25kms inland from Barcelona. Retired firsherman perhaps.......??

W10 (2) by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Back