weekly Bruce Mo 52 2013 Gravity added

I have had difficulty in commenting on this one as I am going against what nearly everyone else has said. I really like the idea and pose but the lighting or more possibly the post processing have given the model a very masculine feel when with what is being worn should look Very feminine. There is a halo along her leg and hand below the thumb where it looks as if you have done some darkening and lightening. If you reduced the clarity using the adjustment brush on the back of her hand that might help with the femininity side of it.

bang on theme.. don't really know a lot about studio set ups.. the lighting works for me, great composition and the splash of red from the cuff gives a nice extra touch

bang on theme.. don't really know a lot about studio set ups.. the lighting works for me, great composition and the splash of red from the cuff gives a nice extra touch

Thanks mich, I dont know about studio setups either, but I'm working on it :LOL:

I have had difficulty in commenting on this one as I am going against what nearly everyone else has said. I really like the idea and pose but the lighting or more possibly the post processing have given the model a very masculine feel when with what is being worn should look Very feminine. There is a halo along her leg and hand below the thumb where it looks as if you have done some darkening and lightening. If you reduced the clarity using the adjustment brush on the back of her hand that might help with the femininity side of it.

Cheers kerioak, all good feedback, not sure about the masculine bit, but it's all about personal taste. Good technical comments, I should really spend more time editing but always seem to be catching up with life, 2 steps behind where I should be (y)

Sorry I've been busy and kind of lost track lately
Back in the saddle now, but still playing catchup everywhere (y)

Thanks for all the comments on last image, definitely gives food for thought

Heres the latest attempt for SEASON

season by Bruce Mo, on Flickr

Is mustard ok with frozen mutton? :D

Nice one - mint sauce may have been better??

I'm assuming you've edited in the mustard (either self shot or from t'interweb), either way you could put it into the picture better with a shadow, just a darker area going down into the right lower corner - pretty easy to do and would make a big difference.

Anyway - nice white snow - definately says seasonal. (y)

If this is as shot - then you have my most humble apologies! :LOL:

Hang on, did you PP that sheep in there? It looks a bit false!:LOL:

The joke would have worked better with mint sauce or a cow instead of a sheep, but that aside - did you shoot the mustard jar? if so it's perfect!

Right, hands up
I'm a bit lagging on the 52, been posted missing for a while
I just happened to shoot this sheep yesterday, then came back and found out the topic was season (yay) :LOL:, got a few from the great outdoors yesterday, so I might put a few more on flickr in a bit
I never shot the mustard, it was more of a light hearted/lazy effort and downloaded for a giggle as the poor wee sheep in the snow was pretty seasonal
Yes, I'm lazy and never put in a shadow, mostly as it was more a giggle :D
Cheers
(y)

I agree with Overbez about the shadow- maybe live sheep like mustard ? :D

Haha, maybe, I know I do. Mint sauce, yeugh
:D
Might address the shadow issue later, even if I dont upload it. Thats whats good about feedback, theres always something we dont notice but many eyes do (y)

[QUOTE Anyone know what's the next topic and I can maybe plan out a shot again, or the link to the list of topics? cheers[/QUOTE]

The next topic is not released till saturday, its all in the original post.

As for the pic not a big fan of this the jar just looks odd, I see what you were trying to do add a bit of humour but for me it doesn't work

I'm a bit lost with this one I have to say :shrug:

Maybe it's the Mustard and the sheep, personally I prefer Horseradish :LOL:

[QUOTE Anyone know what's the next topic and I can maybe plan out a shot again, or the link to the list of topics? cheers

The next topic is not released till saturday, its all in the original post.

Thanks, will keep an eye out

As for the pic not a big fan of this the jar just looks odd, I see what you were trying to do add a bit of humour but for me it doesn't work[/QUOTE]

Ok, humour isnt for everyone, I understand

Hi, I had a quick smile, but would like to see a shadow from the mustard to make it believable :D

What do you mean? There was a giant jar of mustard in the field and the sheep were trained to season themselves to save farmer a walk..... Honest
:LOL:

Cheers.

I'm a bit lost with this one I have to say :shrug:

Maybe it's the Mustard and the sheep, personally I prefer Horseradish :LOL:
I never expected riproaring laughter or anything, but did hope for the occassional smile.
Why so lost? its a snowy sheep for SEASON, so I thought I'd put some seasoning in the field beside it for a giggle. It failed miserably, but I'll keep chasing smiles :D

Well I'm glad you chose 'The' english mustard (y)
Im not, should have went for pepper like everyone else :LOL:

Ha i like the funny take made me chuckle!

:LOL: me too (y)

I'm sorry I am a bit lost with this image. A sheep in show next to a massive pot of mustard. The mustard ruins the photo.

I'm sorry I am a bit lost with this image. A sheep in show next to a massive pot of mustard. The mustard ruins the photo.

To be fair, it was never a great photo to ruin
Just a two seasons in one shot jest to break from the norm, abviously failing to work on soooooooo many levels ;)

different!.. like your humorous take on the theme.. mint sauce would have been perfect ;)

Hi Bruce

had to giggle when I saw that...though it should be mint sauce :naughty:

Even looking at mint sauce tastes horrible :LOL:
Glad the humour isnt wasted (y)

Hi Bruce,
first time visiting your thread, apologies.

Good start to your 52 with sin. I can see a lot of thought has went into it. Its well set up, with all the props and model. I like the subdued lighting but just feel the model could be more in the frame rather than over to the edge.

Season, a fun take on the theme which with a little more work in pp to add the shadow would have been there (y) Iain

Hi Bruce,
first time visiting your thread, apologies.

Good start to your 52 with sin. I can see a lot of thought has went into it. Its well set up, with all the props and model. I like the subdued lighting but just feel the model could be more in the frame rather than over to the edge.

Season, a fun take on the theme which with a little more work in pp to add the shadow would have been there (y) Iain

Thanks Iain, agree with your comments, still climbing the steep learning curve of photoshop, so hopefully will improve this year (y)

Here's my 1st shot for gravity
It was a quick shoot in a pals office for a pink charity day and I got them to jump and took this mid air, just felt the need to add a space background and it fits for GRAVITY
Another lazy one, which I might take a re think and get an original thought
I really want to shoot a falling TV with some bad news on it tumbling from a high building. Not sure I'll ever get it, so here in the meantime is my gravity theme

claverhouse in space2 by Bruce Mo, on Flickr

Hi, Bruce, on theme but you can do better. Not enough space around them for me, especially at th bottom. Maybe space was limited :thinking: Focus looks a tad off.

Cheers.

Would have worked better with just 1 or 2 people jumping up, The BG detracts from the people removing the jumping element, it looks like they all happy waving.

sorry bud

Is it that the faces are OOF, or motion blur?

I appreciate the cutting out of all these people must have been really time consuming, and the quick efforts here haven't helped.

Lots of fingers chopped through, and blurry edges from too large / too soft brushes used.

Time still to get another one in though?

Fun picture, I actually think the motion blur adds to the gravity theme ;)

Sin....nice you've chosen a photography forum to tell the world you're a cross dresser :LOL::LOL: it's a shot that say sin.

Season... NO NO NO Colemans is for Beef and Ham, Lamb goes in a Kebab (y)

Gravity....Hmmmmmm the idea is there but you could always do a re-shoot.

(y)

Back