weekly Bruja's 2016 52 - CELEBRATION

Hey babe

You do things in style on the continent ... what a happy-looking burgerking! And that porticoed entrance is a beaut.

Thanks you kind d00d, glad you like them :)

Lovely set there Jill. Well caught on the peacock, they usually close up when I get anywhere near them :(

You must be psychic...heheheh.....commenting on the next week's pic :D The peacocks in the park are quite tame. There are about a dozen pairs and they are used to a lot of noise with kids running around so you can usually get within a couple of feet of them.

Colourful, like it: funky shoes, and floor, and perspective.

Entrance, #1 has nice detail, but looks a little orange :thinking:

Cheers.

Must be the light :exit:

You're in the right place for these two themes!
My favourite colour is the Burger King shot - if there had been a tiny bit more sky above it would have perfect for me - such in-your-face colours and strong shapes.
I love the ornate door knocker, too. I remember my aunt coming to visit me when I was living in Seville and taking a whole roll of film just of doorways :)

Thanks Emma. I know how she must have felt. There are so many characterful doors in most Spanish towns. This particular one is the doorway to a small chapel for one of the brotherhoods.

The BK shot is a bit tight, it's also cos I posted the wrong crop :coat:

And speak for itself it does, Jill. Blacks are black, skin tones are skin toned, sharp and certainly on theme.

I'm not sure there's much you could do to improve it at all. You could perhaps have had the shot taken whilst hands were on the tape, tying it off or holding it across? A more colourful underwear choice would have taken away from it so think black was right there.

Genuinely though, is anyone else seeing the image five times or is my head playing with me? [emoji15]

Last edited:
And speak for itself it does, Jill. Blacks are black, skin tones are skin toned, sharp and certainly on theme.

I'm not sure there's much you could do to improve it at all. You could perhaps have had the shot taken whilst hands were on the tape, tying it off or holding it across? A more colourful underwear choice would have taken away from it so think black was right there.

Genuinely though, is anyone else seeing the image five times or is my head playing with me? [emoji15]

Cheers Ian. The only improvement I could see was to have used a younger body :pas mine is fraying a bit around the edges. As for having hands in shot it would have been difficult as one of them was operating the camera :)

You'll need to tell the mods about the 5X issue. It's happened before especially with the app.

Cheers Ian. The only improvement I could see was to have used a younger body :pas mine is fraying a bit around the edges. As for having hands in shot it would have been difficult as one of them was operating the camera :)

You'll need to tell the mods about the 5X issue. It's happened before especially with the app.

Ahh so there is a problem (with the image displaying x5 that is, though this is via Tapatalk) [emoji4]

Hiya Jill

Coloured (main) is a super shot... well spotted and central composition of the shoes works really well. Nice one!

Entrance works but the window thing above the arch means you're splitting attention between two quite separate subjects... not sure if that strengthens the image but its still a good find and well captured.

Size is brilliant :clap: - a really clever idea for the theme and you've captured it perfectly despite perhaps having to contort yourself to take your picture. And although we're not allowed to comment on the models this one should be very pleased with herself!

That's clever Jill. Perfect composition with that measuring tape begging the addition of a question mark against the theme title. :clap:

I love the fact the tape is tied, adds humour, (and probably made things easier for you to take the pic Jill). About 40 inches I reckon.

The great thing about the tp app is the large thumbnail it gives u with a bite of text....and I will say it... I scan down the list...and defo see bewbs... NSFW flag...clearly on theme....

Rough - loving the texture and grain on the wood, perfect for the theme
Covered - lovely shot, Bet that shade is nice on a hot sunny day
Coloured - The first is quite brilliant, Perfection.
Entry - like the first, leads the eye in nicely.
Size - quality idea and well taken, wonder if a B&W would look good.

Hiya Jill

Coloured (main) is a super shot... well spotted and central composition of the shoes works really well. Nice one!

Entrance works but the window thing above the arch means you're splitting attention between two quite separate subjects... not sure if that strengthens the image but its still a good find and well captured.

Size is brilliant :clap: - a really clever idea for the theme and you've captured it perfectly despite perhaps having to contort yourself to take your picture. And although we're not allowed to comment on the models this one should be very pleased with herself!

Thank you :D It helps when the model has no shame ;)

And I'm really pleased with the colour shot. Not a pov you often see...

LOL And my comment still stands (y)

:D

Glad to hear it ;)

That's clever Jill. Perfect composition with that measuring tape begging the addition of a question mark against the theme title. :clap:

Well work it out then :p d00d did :D

The great thing about the tp app is the large thumbnail it gives u with a bite of text....and I will say it... I scan down the list...and defo see bewbs... NSFW flag...clearly on theme....

You must have been to Specsavers :p

Rough - loving the texture and grain on the wood, perfect for the theme
Covered - lovely shot, Bet that shade is nice on a hot sunny day
Coloured - The first is quite brilliant, Perfection.
Entry - like the first, leads the eye in nicely.
Size - quality idea and well taken, wonder if a B&W would look good.

Thanks so much Lee and tried it in b&w but imho it doesn't look as good.

Hi, Jill, how could I have missed Size :) Super, brave and nice size :naughty:

Forgotten, red was the only way to go here. I like the shape of the tree, the carvings as well. Loving the implied story behind it :clap:

Cheers.

Must be the warm sunshine or is it the springtime air that's making TP52'ers FORGET their inhibitions. Nice bright red .. I'm just hoping (praying) that they're not Andy's discarded pair before his trek in the woods.

Ooola la !
Great idea Jill, its a good job is warm out there that's all I can say :D

colourful - very bright shoes the Burger King is certainly the most vibrant picture for the theme the Peacock looks dull by comparison, but taken on his own he is beautiful.
Entrance - I like the archway best
Size - right on theme and very brave.
Forgotton - good use of Dof and colour

Last edited:
I think I'm starting to worry about you Jill!! Have you Meet @posiview he appears to have lost his clothes in the woods too!!!!

Really like the composition and the lighting is lovely

Funny you should say that ;) Glad you like it!

Hi, Jill, how could I have missed Size :) Super, brave and nice size :naughty:

Forgotten, red was the only way to go here. I like the shape of the tree, the carvings as well. Loving the implied story behind it :clap:

Cheers.

Thanks Andy and it's all my own :p

Bra one week, knickers the next, what more can I offer :D

Did you take this shot before or after your comment on @Downton Mini's Mini shots?
Works really well and (y) for avoiding the abandoned gravestones that a lot of us took.

Before of course ;)

And my first idea was the knickers in an abandoned graveyard but they don't have them in Spain.....

Jill..... naughty!!! But very nice ;) and I thought I was the only one who photographed discarded underwear..

Cheers :D

Your knickers retain their frilliness. (y)

Of course ;)

Nice one Jill, I won't ask about the back-story :oops: :$

The backstory was me wandering around the lcal park on Sunday morning hanging my knickers on various branches, bins and benches whils the Spanish looked on ........

Nice idea for the theme, nothing beats a bit of red frill

Thanks you kind sir (y)

Back