weekly Bruja's 52 - 2017 AWOL and OUT

Well, 4 stitches in my leg later I'm starting to look like a patchwork quilt. Now the 6 week wait for the biopsy result. #Iwishmumhadheardofsunprotection

And I'd only got out of my wheelchair properly 2 weeks ago.

Sometimes you've just gotta love Karma....

Well, 4 stitches in my leg later I'm starting to look like a patchwork quilt. Now the 6 week wait for the biopsy result. #Iwishmumhadheardofsunprotection

All the best, my lady had similar probs last year on her lip. #redheadsshouldstayoutofthesuninthekitchencookingmytea

All the best, my lady had similar probs last year on her lip. #redheadsshouldstayoutofthesuninthekitchencookingmytea

Thanks Roger. Yes I'm celtic in terms of reddish hair, green eyes, pale skin and a ton of freckles.

This is the second time around for me as I had a suspicious freckle taken off my right arm three years ago which turned out to be melanoma. Fortunately I noticed it early and after badgering my doctor got referred to a dermatologist. The rest is history....

As for the kitchen :bat:

Thanks Roger. Yes I'm celtic in terms of reddish hair, green eyes, pale skin and a ton of freckles.

This is the second time around for me as I had a suspicious freckle taken off my right arm three years ago which turned out to be melanoma. Fortunately I noticed it early and after badgering my doctor got referred to a dermatologist. The rest is history....

As for the kitchen :bat:

Michelle is a my lovely red head, she had two taken off her lips last year and one from her back the year before. She was terrified about the ones on her lips, dreaming of all sorts of scars, but the docs did a fabulous job.

I am not really brave enough to use that #tag in front of her! Not with redheads tempers!:whistle:

Again all the best.

That's bad luck Jill ....hope all turns out well, six weeks is a long wait. :hug:

open_arms.gif

Hi Jill,

Hairy - Nice sharp simple and to the point. I like the idea of using the ipad as the light source, I might have to nick that idea at some point this year.
Fingers crossed for your results...

Hi Jill,

Hairy - Nice sharp simple and to the point. I like the idea of using the ipad as the light source, I might have to nick that idea at some point this year.
Fingers crossed for your results...

Thanks Tim (y)

Comfort - wasn't sure where to look for this image, but i like your different take on the theme.

Hairy - really good take on the theme, very good macro shot, nicely composed and well lit.

Thanks Mandy. Glad you like them :D

Like the choice for Hairy, good idea with the backlight and a very clever idea to use an ipad.

Ooh, thank you (y)

First one for me, lovely vibrant colours in the fruit, I like the crop and it is bang on theme.

First one for me, lovely vibrant colours in the fruit, I like the crop and it is bang on theme.

Thanks Chris, glad you like it (y)

The highlight on the apple seems a tiny bit harsh Jill but fab colours and a really creative composition that works well for me.

Thanks Emma, it's ahighlight, what can I say :D Glad you like it though. It was just a quick shot on my kitchen table with what fruit I had at hand :D

A typically strong image there Jill, simple and to the point, contrasting the smooth skin of the apple with the dimples of the oranges. Good use of complementary colours too.
#1 over #2 for me (y)

Hi Tim, I must admit I've been a bit fruity the last couple of weeks :p

Thanks for your positive crit (y)

Like the first one with the contrasting textures and colours, but I really love the second shot with the pebbles.

I'm a sucker for b&w Jill so #2 edges it for me. I do like the vibrant colours of the fruit but there's something very tactile about Smooth stones like those.

Hi Jill two good smooth shots and both on theme, I like the bright colours of the oranges and apple, but not really liking the frame sorry, on the stones I do like this one as the mono goes well showing the smooth texture of them :)

Hi Dave, thanks for the feedback (y) Last week most people were saying 'it needs a frame' :p

Like the first one with the contrasting textures and colours, but I really love the second shot with the pebbles.

Wow, thanks Roger (y)

I'm a sucker for b&w Jill so #2 edges it for me. I do like the vibrant colours of the fruit but there's something very tactile about Smooth stones like those.

Thanks Carl. And they didn't look quite right in colour but the b&w softens them nicely :)

Smooth - two really good images to look at, I like them both. Composition is spot on for both images both fit the theme, but the bright colours and closer crop gives the first image the edge for me.

Thanks Mandy (y)

I like the close crop and vibrant colours of #1, although I would have preferred the stem of the apple to be in focus.

I love the different tones in the pebbles the three very different greys work well

I like the close crop and vibrant colours of #1, although I would have preferred the stem of the apple to be in focus.

That's just being greedy now Brrnd :p

I love the different tones in the pebbles the three very different greys work well

Thanks Allan. I had to go and have a scrabble around the beach to find them and then took a quick shot of them on the table of the terrace where we had coffee watching the blue sky and thinking how warm it was. How I suffer for my art :D

Quite right Jill - fun is the order of the day, theme is secondary. Brilliant title and Al looks as if he enjoys his work in the salt mines ha ha. You make a terrific landscape artist. :clap:

Quite right Jill - fun is the order of the day, theme is secondary. Brilliant title and Al looks as if he enjoys his work in the salt mines ha ha. You make a terrific landscape artist. :clap:

Thanks Carl :D

I just thought we were going to see a lot of crystals and stones so I thought I'd play with it instead as it's such a weird theme :p

I hate Lego pics :mad: so I am not going to offer ant crit other than as long as you enjoyed yourself that is the point and of course there are minerals in there

Made me chuckle, good stuff!

Thanks Chris. It was one of those weeks when I decided to play with the thheme :D

I hate Lego pics :mad: so I am not going to offer ant crit other than as long as you enjoyed yourself that is the point and of course there are minerals in there

Ooh, harsh :p Al's all upset now :dummy:

And yes, I enjoyed myself and it does contain minerals :whistle:

Back