Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Excellent shot, like the exposure. Prime or telephoto that is the question!:)

OP
OP
Bruja

Bruja

Los Cojones del Perro
Name
Just call me Mad Madam Mim
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd give macro a go as I'm usually rubbish at it. Used my big iPad Pro for the white background and to try and give the pictures some extra luminance. No different to using a light box really except you can download any colour you want by searching good old google.

HAIRY

Hairy by Bruja Jill, on Flickr

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Nice kiwi fruit pic I like the composition and using the iPad for the BG is an excellent idea, have to say was a bit worried opening the thread :wideyed:

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Kiwi was my first choice for the theme ... until I spotted a coconut. Very inventive with the iPad - great colour Jill.

Name
Storm Trooper
Edit My Images
Yes
Comfort......goes looking for an appropriate smiley.....:exit:

I think with the letter box crop it would need to be rotated 90 deg and just show from half way up like a small hill on a landscape.

(y)

OP
OP
Bruja

Bruja

Los Cojones del Perro
Name
Edit My Images
Yes
Kiwi was my first choice for the theme ... until I spotted a coconut. Very inventive with the iPad - great colour Jill.
Thanks Carl. I thought coconut too but can't get them here. The iPad is great for backgrounds, I did a funky one for one of last year's themes. Glad you like it :D

Comfort......goes looking for an appropriate smiley.....:exit:

I think with the letter box crop it would need to be rotated 90 deg and just show from half way up like a small hill on a landscape.

(y)
I don't think there is an appropriate smiley :LOL:

Nice idea for a different crop. I might give it a go but I like the kind of banner it makes where you could add words on the rhs :D

OP
OP
Bruja

Bruja

Los Cojones del Perro
Name
Edit My Images
Yes
Loving the detail in your 'Hairy' Jill, but the crop is bugging me, detail wise I love it and the idea of the background has worked really well too, nice one (y)
Thanks Dean, different crop below but I think it has lost some detail.

I like it. Not very hairy ... (wait until you see my submission) ... but I do like @foggy4ever 's idea. (y)
Hairy is as hairy does :p. Here's another crop.

32081303380_567163c3fc_o.jpg

sirch

Official Forum Numpty 2015
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I really like the original hairy, crop and all. The iPad lighting really gives it impact I think.

Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
Great high key photo for comfort, and nice and clean photo for hairy.

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Like the crop, like the shot, fits the theme and the use of the Ipad is inspired.
Nothing clean about a Kiwi Fruit, the pips get stuck in my beard!:(

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Like the idea,but the crop doesnt do it for me Jill, sorry.

Maybe if the image had a black border it wouldnt be so lost in all the white of the forum layout ?

OP
OP
Bruja

Bruja

Los Cojones del Perro
Name
Edit My Images
Yes
Like the crop, like the shot, fits the theme and the use of the Ipad is inspired.
Nothing clean about a Kiwi Fruit, the pips get stuck in my beard!:(
Ooh, thanks Roger. You can visit here again :D

Oooh I'm liking that original shot, Jill. A very original take and not a perspective I considered. Well done :)
Thanks Ian, glad you like it.

OP
OP
Bruja

Bruja

Los Cojones del Perro
Name
Edit My Images
Yes
Like the idea,but the crop doesnt do it for me Jill, sorry.

Maybe if the image had a black border it wouldnt be so lost in all the white of the forum layout ?
Thanks for the feedback Mark but if you click through to the flickr image the black background there makes a BIG difference IMHO (y)

OP
OP
Bruja

Bruja

Los Cojones del Perro
Name
Edit My Images
Yes
It definitely looks better on a black background Jill....it can make a big difference, I sometimes put a really fine frame on a white photo it just gives it a bit of grounding on the white of the forum page. I think it's a great image so I tried with a frame .. I think it gives it an arty look o_O

Thanks Susie

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
It definitely looks better on a black background Jill....it can make a big difference, I sometimes put a really fine frame on a white photo it just gives it a bit of grounding on the white of the forum page. I think it's a great image so I tried with a frame .. I think it gives it an arty look o_O

View attachment 94399
I do this occasionally too..... But I take your point Jill.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Nicely done, a vibrant image and I like the novel crop, it doens't detract at all. At 100% zoom, I'd prefer it slightly sharper but screen-sized it looks brilliant.