BUMP YOUR THREADS HERE - HELPERS ON HAND!!!

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=250348

Really trying hard to get to grips with the macro side of things, but didn't really get much feedback in the forum. Overall I am quite pleased with the outcome although the first dragonfly eyes look a little OOF maybe.

Rip them apart, it's the only way I will learn.

Another post I made just above it which kinda died as well if you fancy giving me more of a slating..

Thanks in advance

Would appreciate any help on this thread. It is languishing in unanswered posts, so quality wise that speaks volumes - But why and what can I do to improve the shots?

Please no 'nice shot' type comments, brutal crit please as it's clearly needed!!

Hi

Please can you look at these cat portraits, as it went a bit off topic, and tell me what you think good or bad as I dont normally take pet shots, especially close up portraits, have I gone in to close bare in mind its a 500mm shot as I was quite a way off him, Clicky Linky

TIA

Dave

Last edited:
Would appreciate some more comments on these. I'm not quite sure how I feel about them after lengthy debates on facebook about the second one.

Bear in mind that I don't have photoshop so I can't really make changes, everything has to be done in camera.
Linky

Would appreciate some more comments on these. I'm not quite sure how I feel about them after lengthy debates on facebook about the second one.

Bear in mind that I don't have photoshop so I can't really make changes, everything has to be done in camera.
Linky

Gimp or Picasa are free software programs for images.

Hi Thompo,

I think that the photographs turned out really well. Did you use the automatic function on the camera or manual? Its hard to tell, I find it quite difficult to get the lighting right when photographing an image in motion.
I would also like to hear peoples tips on settings?

Back