weekly CatClick's 52 week challenge - 2022

That is a beautiful reflection shot Catherine, can you tell me a bit about it? Is it a walking bridge or a motorway?

That is a beautiful reflection shot Catherine, can you tell me a bit about it? Is it a walking bridge or a motorway?
The River Clyde runs through the centre of Glasgow, this means there are many bridges: road, rail and foot. I am standing, at sunrise, on a footbridge called the Bell's bridge, looking at the Clyde arc (locally known as the squinty bridge), a 4 lane road bridge. Beyond that, under the centre of the Clyde Arc, the Tradeston footbridge can be seen(locally known as the squiggly bridge). Beyond that just round the corner is the Kingston Bridge - motorway bridge, King George V bridge, central station train bridge and the Portland suspension footbridge. So many photo opportunities along the Clyde in the city centre. In addition to the bridges, around where I am standing, there is the Finnieston Crane, OVO Hydro, the Armadillo, BBC studios, STV studios and the Glasgow Science centre. I've attached a few to let you see the wider scene, including one taken on the squinty bridge.
2022-11-19 002.JPG2022-11-19 006.JPG2022-11-19 008.JPG2022-11-19 015.JPG2022-11-19 035.JPG

Finally the view from the Squinty bridge (it runs diagonally across the river)
2022-11-19 031.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you for this Catherine, a wonderful commentary complimented with some fabulous images. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great answer to my question.

Fabulous shots. I remember going over the squiggly pedestrian bridge :)
Another great bridge for photography.
Thank you for this Catherine, a wonderful commentary complimented with some fabulous images. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great answer to my question.
You are very welcome.
There’s plenty of great images in that post.

I would be hard-pressed to make a decision on those.

Great colouring too.
Thank you. It was a beautiful morning even though there was very little colour in the sky. The reflections made up for it though.

Oh! Love everything about this, the colour, reflections, compostion. Stunning shot.

Week 46 Destruction
My neighbour is doing some modifications to their house, before the construction starts, some destruction happens.
You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.
Week 46 Destruction.JPG

Thats a cracking image, love the mist effect and works well for the theme. Really nice and one to be proud of I think.

Thats a cracking image, love the mist effect and works well for the theme. Really nice and one to be proud of I think.
Thank you! :) I've been waiting a few years for the conditions to come good for this at a time I'm free. I tried a number of different compositions, this one fitted with the theme this week.

Last edited:
Fascinating set of Photos Catherine, Really nice colours in the Ornamental and Curve Photos.

Pete

Nice catchup Catherine.

Destruction: well spotted and processed
Ornamental: well captured, I love the street scene caught in the silver ball
Curves: great image, it looks like power ray shooting out of the kelpie's eye

The Kelpies look completely different to the daytime when we visited, great shot.

Ornament: I love the reflections in the bauble
Curves: The kelpie look very impressive and well captured - looks like challenging light conditions.

That's a lovely shot of the Kelpie. I've never seen it from that angle before, and taking it in the dark really adds something.

Destruction and Ornamental both well on theme. I thought you'd cloned yourself out of ornamental and then I spotted you - a long lens? :)

Fascinating set of Photos Catherine, Really nice colours in the Ornamental and Curve Photos.

Pete
Thank you!
Nice catchup Catherine.

Destruction: well spotted and processed
Ornamental: well captured, I love the street scene caught in the silver ball
Curves: great image, it looks like power ray shooting out of the kelpie's eye
Thank you!
The Kelpies look completely different to the daytime when we visited, great shot.
That's a lovely shot of the Kelpie. I've never seen it from that angle before, and taking it in the dark really adds something.
Destruction and Ornamental both well on theme. I thought you'd cloned yourself out of ornamental and then I spotted you - a long lens? :)
Ornament: I love the reflections in the bauble
Curves: The kelpie look very impressive and well captured - looks like challenging light conditions.
The difference with this Kelpie picture is that it was taken in the fog. The lighting on the staircase is incredibly bright, so I've had to do 2 exposures and blend together.

The decorations were taken at around 60mm.
Thank you all! :)

A bit of a catch up for me. Run up to Christmas is always hectic at work and now I've come down with the lurgy and really not up to going out.

Week 49 - Tools - these tool sets always fit nicely with my OCD tendencies, a place for everything and everything in its place
Week 49 Tools.JPG

Week 50 - Construction
Can't get too close when construction of the Christmas dinner is taking place
Week 50 Construction.JPG

Week 51 - Something Christmassy
Up north visiting my sister for Christmas and a visit to Ullapool on Christmas eve to see the creel tree. It is really well done and quite a site to see.
Week 51 SOmething Christmassy.JPG

Week 52 - Showcase & Technique
Not necessarily my best or favourite image but a very special once in a life time chance to go to the top of the Forth Bridge. Then to stop off at track level and take a picture of a train coming through the bridge was something special.

Another 52 week challenge complete, I did doubt a few times this year if I would manage it. Going to give it a rest next year due to other priorities but I will still pop on to see lots of the lovely images that are created here.
Week 52 Showcase.JPG

Last edited:
I've enjoyed all your images Cath and yes that last one is special.
All the best for 2023.

I had to look up creel tree, what a great idea and a really good photo.

A special moment on the Forth Bridge, definitely worth posting up.

All great images Catherine, congratulations for completing the 2022 challenge!

Great catch up and a super showcase Cathrine. what a great opportunity that was!

Well done on getting through to the end. An exciting shot to end with and see why you chose it... good memories.

Back