Cheapest Cloud Storage ? Onedrive etc

I have Amazon Prime, 277,371 images and 1279 important files :)

I use the iCloud storage; I think it is about £6 per month, and for me, it works fine; admittedly I use it mostly for documents but I get 1tb in total. Worth a look.

Can Amazon Photos now deal with all raw files?
It certainly looks like it, .CR2 are all listed for back up :)

For photos: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, and most TIFF and RAW format files. For more information about supported RAW formats, go to About RAW Photo Files.
  • For videos: MP4, Quicktime, AVI, MTS, MPG, ASF, WMV, Flash, and OGG. Videos less than 20 minutes in length and smaller than 2 GB in size can be streamed through the Amazon Drive website and mobile applications. Amazon Drive streaming is not available for videos longer than 20 minutes or larger than 2 GB, but these can be stored in Amazon Drive for you to download and watch offline.

Supported RAW File Types
The following RAW photo files from the following camera models are recognised by Amazon Drive as a photo file; however, file preview is not possible at this time. This is not a definitive list:

• Nikon (NEF files) - Nikon D1, Nikon D1X, Nikon D4, Nikon Coolpix A, Nikon E5700, Nikon AW1, Nikon D800, Nikon D50, Nikon D610

• Canon (CR2 Files**) - Canon 5D, Canon 1D, Canon 1D MarkIIN, Canon Rebel SL1, Canon 60D, Canon 5D MarkIII, Canon 1D MarkIV
    **While Amazon Drive recognises these files as photos, some of the information associated the file (like the time and date the photo was taken) may not be recognised.

• Sony (ARW files) - Sony A7, Sony A7R, Sony A6000, Sony NEX-5T, Sony NEX-3N, Sony NEX-6

Last edited:
Apple stores the Raw files I believe, but does a preview as a JPEG and its downloaded as and when you need it. Works well on my mac, but having said that, am having a few problems trying to edit raw files within photos at the moment. Recently upgraded, so might be needing to settle or something!

It certainly looks like it, .CR2 are all listed for back up :)

For photos: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, and most TIFF and RAW format files. For more information about supported RAW formats, go to About RAW Photo Files.
  • For videos: MP4, Quicktime, AVI, MTS, MPG, ASF, WMV, Flash, and OGG. Videos less than 20 minutes in length and smaller than 2 GB in size can be streamed through the Amazon Drive website and mobile applications. Amazon Drive streaming is not available for videos longer than 20 minutes or larger than 2 GB, but these can be stored in Amazon Drive for you to download and watch offline.

Supported RAW File Types
The following RAW photo files from the following camera models are recognised by Amazon Drive as a photo file; however, file preview is not possible at this time. This is not a definitive list:

• Nikon (NEF files) - Nikon D1, Nikon D1X, Nikon D4, Nikon Coolpix A, Nikon E5700, Nikon AW1, Nikon D800, Nikon D50, Nikon D610

• Canon (CR2 Files**) - Canon 5D, Canon 1D, Canon 1D MarkIIN, Canon Rebel SL1, Canon 60D, Canon 5D MarkIII, Canon 1D MarkIV
    **While Amazon Drive recognises these files as photos, some of the information associated the file (like the time and date the photo was taken) may not be recognised.

• Sony (ARW files) - Sony A7, Sony A7R, Sony A6000, Sony NEX-5T, Sony NEX-3N, Sony NEX-6

Many thanks, I'll give it another try. 7Dii raw files are not listed but it does say it is not a complete list.

Back