weekly Chickendipas Comeback 2015 Photo52! Week 3 - Scenic Added

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello!

Last time I was heavily into taking photos was 2012/2013. I got a new job in early 2013 which meant I spend way too much time travelling too and from work. Getting involved was a bit tricky as it wasnt always the first thing I wanted to do. I love taking pictures, I love having that memory of what I see and I have been feeling more and more inclined to get the camera back out. So what sprung to mind but the Photo52 challenge! And luckily its the right time of year to get involved.

I am hoping to move house in the next few months meaning I will get some of my day back and be able to devote it to taking photos. Might be a bit on and off until then but I will take a photo for every theme at some point in time!

So I am a bit rusty and I still have my click now, think later approach to taking pictures!! Looking forward to seeing everyone elses work :)

Week 0 - Patterns Done
Week 1 - Bliss Done
Week 2 - Fragile Done
Week 3 - Scenic Temp Added. Will revisit

Last edited:
I have no idea what that is but it kinda reminds me of Dinosaur ribs :)

It looks like you've caught some great light there. I'm guessing it's the frosted back of a park bench.

nice image! I didn't know what it was at first… but when someone says I can see now it's a bench. Good DOF although I think i'd have gone for slightly more.

I know exactly your situation as mine is the same and I've made it my new years resolution to fit my photography in between family life and work!

Mark

Thanks for the comments, good to be back.

It is a giant dinosaur! (but really a bench in my parents garden, frosty morning with the sunlight hitting it)

I did mess with the crops, have the wider shot on my flickr but wanted to get away from it being a bench to being about the pattern.

It is a giant dinosaur! (but really a bench in my parents garden, frosty morning with the sunlight hitting it)
Now you have spoiled the illusion :(
:p :D

You sound like me dusting off the camera :) I like your interpretation of patterns, simple but effective. Maybe snip off bottom right small shadow would be my only suggestion, but I'm by no means an expert :D

Welcome back Alex :)
Good luck with the house move and I hope you get some more time to spend in here.

I would never have guessed that it was a bench either . . . and I'm VERY disappointed to learn that it's not actually a dinosaur :LOL:
That makes it a complete success though IMO, it really is all about the pattern and the light and shade.

Good image, would never have guessed what it was. to me the DoF helps add to the patterns with both booked and glistening frost.

Hi Alex & welcome back....hope you manage to sort your work/life balance this year (y)

I'm liking the abstractness of the bench with the sun catching the frost perfectly....some loely bokeh on the lhs of the frame :clap: As someone else mentioned I'd be inclined to crop out the shadow bottom right.....

Nice simple but super effective. :clap:
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Welcome to 2015 52s Alex, nice practice shot to start off with (y) With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Wow thanks for all the comments guys :ty: glad its going down well! I'll probably leave it as it is now seen as week 1 is up and we are officially off!! :banana::banana::banana:

Looking forward to seeing everyones for this week.

Welcome to 2015 52s Alex, nice practice shot to start off with (y) With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck for the rest of the year.

68?!?!? Eeeek, that is quite a few to get round. Please do not be offended if I do not comment!!

Welcome back Alex. Great first image. I really like this. It's got a real classy monochrome feel to it (I don't think it's been converted but I may be wrong) and the use of the shallow DoF has strengthened the composition really well. Nice one.

Hi guys, thanks for popping. Hectic week so far so not been around much.

It hasnt been converted, technically a colour shot though its not totally obvious.

Had a bash at Bliss so going to post that today hopefully but in rainy London until late tonight so might be a morning job!!

Hello!

Crazy week, fortunately not all hard work but a lot of time away from my computer.

So here is my Week 1 - Bliss. Bit different and wanted to capture what I had enjoyed doing over Christmas and the New Year. Hopefully including some atmosphere too.

Had a couple of shots, not sure which to go with. Neither are totally obvious, there is a 3rd but I really cant make my mind up about that! So basically I cannot make my mind up about week 1 :)

Bliss Attempt 2 by ChickenDipa, on Flickr

Bliss Attempt 1 by ChickenDipa, on Flickr

Hi, Bliss #2 for me. It looks a little blue on my screen? I like the close composition, and perspective.

You need to get a head torch ;)

Cheers.

It has a bit of a blue thing going one, lights down low and maybe the blue Christmas lights in the window had something to do with it!! Thanks for looking :)

I have a thing about making it as difficult as possible for me, less light makes it more like the romantic vision I have in my head when doing a jigsaw hehe

Hi Alex - both nice for me. Like the bokeh in the first and like the second too! :)

Bokeh was where I wanted to go but without rearranging everything, probably dropping the jigsaw I decided to move on to another angle, and number 2 was born! Thanks for stopping by!

Hi Alex, number 2 for me, it has a cosier feel & I like the shallow dof :)

Cheers! My thoughts too! Thanks for looking!!

Welcome to the challenge,smoke great images to get you underway. Good start.

Thank yoooou!

Bliss

I like the bokeh in #1
#2 i do prefer, the composition and DoF works great.

Fragile
it has to be #3 certainly fits the theme.
I also like the PP.

I liked the bokeh but the rest didnt work for me. The other had a bit more of an intimate feel which I was after.

Ah, #3? Interesting, thought that one would be the boring one. But I guess it does what it says on the tin. Thank you very much. Missed the simplicity by over fancying it.

Hi Alex :wave:
Bliss, oh I do love a good puzzle. All mine are currently in storage. I like the bokeh in number one, but whatever is looping through the top distracts me a little, I would maybe try a square crop? I like the focus on the second one and the candlelight.

Fragile, the first image for me. The high contrast B&W conversion really helps exaggerate the the detail around the break in the tree. The tree is mostly silhouetted in the full size images losing the detail around the split and therefore the link to the theme.

Good luck for the rest of the year, I hope work doesn't get in the way for you.

Back